ADVERTISEMENT

Is Michigan State a strong road team? (link)

Izzo will whine and cry to the refs while Archies boys take it to the Sparty’s on the boards

If we can shoot at a decent percentage, we can win this game.

Reactions: MrBing
https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2020...-strong-road-team-were-about-to-find-out.html

Article is a fun read. Says, in part, that their guard play is off a little...and they have freshmen that may struggle on the road.

Let's point out that last year IU swept MSU. Let's keep that streak going.

I'd guess Izzo will have them up for this game after being swept last year, and coming off that thumping at PU. We need to at least split these next 2 games. 2-0 and we've almost locked up a bid, 1-1 and we're on track, 0-2 and folks will be panicking again.

I'd guess Izzo will have them up for this game after being swept last year, and coming off that thumping at PU. We need to at least split these next 2 games. 2-0 and we've almost locked up a bid, 1-1 and we're on track, 0-2 and folks will be panicking again.
I expect them to start out hot and for us to close the gap and win at home. Of course I could be wrong. Go Hoosiers!

Archie may have the answer for Izzo's offense and defense. I look for Archie to do well against Izzo and MSU in the future. Izzo relies on toughness a lot on both ends of the court, this translates well to Post Season play outside of the B1G.

I wish Izzo would stay home in Michigan and recruit. Hands off the Indiana HS players Izzo.

I expect them to start out hot and for us to close the gap and win at home. Of course I could be wrong. Go Hoosiers!

Hard for me to "expect" a win vs MSU, but we're certainly capable, especially at home. My guess is MD sets up better for a W and I think getting 1 of the two keeps us on track, but yes, I'd like to see AH become the home court advantage it used to be. Getting out-toughed by AR didn't make me particularly confident for games like this.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
I wish Izzo would stay home in Michigan and recruit. Hands off the Indiana HS players Izzo.

The solution to thatat "problem" is easy enough: Win! Until that happens, it will be tough to keep the states' best in Btown.

Fife changed loyalty to MSU to work as the understudy to Izzo and his sexual violence enabling culture at MSU, so unless Dane comes back to IU, he is now the enemy. Fife is trying to help Izzo recruit in Fort Wayne and in the state of Indiana. Fife hams it up for the Fort Wayne TV camera. Tom Ostrom however was all business in the stands taking notes during the game.

Last edited:
Fife changed loyalty to MSU to work as the understudy to Izzo and his sexual violence enabling culture at MSU, so unless Dane comes back to IU, he is now the enemy. Fife is trying to help Izzo recruit in Fort Wayne and in the state of Indiana. Fife hams it up for the Fort Wayne TV camera. Tom Ostrom however was all business in the stands taking notes during the game.

Yeah, I can't believe he doesn't root for and assist IU with recruiting while on the MSU staff!

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Yeah, I can't believe he doesn't root for and assist IU with recruiting while on the MSU staff!
On a coaching staff in an athletic department that has enabled sexual violence on campus would be a reason to search elsewhere for employment. Otherwise you are part of the problem of looking away while these atrocities are happening.

On a coaching staff in an athletic department that has enabled sexual violence on campus would be a reason to search elsewhere for employment. Otherwise you are part of the problem of looking away while these atrocities are happening.

Safe to assume you are typing this from Canada? Oh nevermind....

I'd agree in the length of time he's had, he could have moved on, but he's also got a good gig and there are a limited # of jobs that can get him the salary and experience as an equal position. Those jobs don't grow on trees and no one knows what's been promised, as in, has he been told he's Izzo's heir apparent? I'm not going to condemn an Asst Coach unless he was involved in the coverup. It's easy to point fingers at what others should do, and I don't have enough knowledge of the situation there to judge. I also don't know enough about his abilities as a coach, but I'd love to see another IU guy on our bench, I know that. From the stands, Roberts to me seems like a very positive hire.

PS. Fife played at IU and I will support him until I see evidence of his wrongdoing.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Safe to assume you are typing this from Canada? Oh nevermind....

I'd agree in the length of time he's had, he could have moved on, but he's also got a good gig and there are a limited # of jobs that can get him the salary and experience as an equal position. Those jobs don't grow on trees and no one knows what's been promised, as in, has he been told he's Izzo's heir apparent? I'm not going to condemn an Asst Coach unless he was involved in the coverup. It's easy to point fingers at what others should do, and I don't have enough knowledge of the situation there to judge. I also don't know enough about his abilities as a coach, but I'd love to see another IU guy on our bench, I know that. From the stands, Roberts to me seems like a very positive hire.

PS. Fife played at IU and I will support him until I see evidence of his wrongdoing.
So did Alford.

So did Alford.

Your point? A) Alford was the head coach, and B) there was plenty of evidence of his wrongdoing. I'm not saying IU players are immune from wrongdoing, but I'm not going to condemn him until I see evidence of what his role was. We know the culture/climate that existed at MSU and it was present prior to Dane arriving and from what I know (admittedly little) I haven't seen anything that suggests he participated or was covering things up. None of that was true with Alford at IA.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
ADVERTISEMENT