ADVERTISEMENT

Is mcmurtry66 OK?

Actually that’s where you’re wrong. Trump as a spokesperson is vile. From petty fights to tacit racism. Horrible person. But his policies were and are supported by many. So no your generalization is off. I’d rather have a shithead whose policies I support than a good person whose policies are shit. And I don’t cut people off over politics.

I don’t think you and I have much in common.

We disagree. You voted for trump. You lose.

He seems to be setting new records for not only the number of posts on TWC, but for always being on the forum. People are starting to ask questions. Maybe there is cause for concern?

As far as President Biden’s performance, he seems to be doing well. In the past few months, he’s been elected POTUS, gaining more votes than anyone in the history of this great country. He’s led a great transition team, nominating a very impressive group of people to the cabinet and other leadership positions. He’s led the COVID response that is vaccinating people at a faster pace than expected. Under his leadership, Congress has passed a historic bill to address the pandemic and our economy. His team has responded quickly to refugee concerns on our southern border. In terms of foreign policy, Biden has taken strong action to show strength and a priority on protecting US assets. Oh…and the stock market is hitting record highs (even though the market isn’t the economy). This is a small sampling of the success Biden has enjoyed in less than 60 days in office.

Media has had enormous access to Biden’s administration through a very competent and willing press secretary. It feels good to not have a narcissist who requires constant publicity and attention in The White House.

the fact that you track his whereabouts and frequency shows us just how mentally deranged you are

Reactions: jet812
And never has an administration expressed so little concern.

As Ranger and Spartan alluded to...could it just be b/c it's a Dem in office they aren't touting the numbers as much. Progressive railed on Obama for the number of arrests at the border. Maybe Biden "learned" from that.

My life hasn’t changed because of the election and neither has yours.

Congratulations?
That’s a very salient point. Unless and until taxes spike it makes zero difference to my life. I’m sure as hell not getting a stimulus check. I trust this is true for many Americans, particularly those with enough sense not to get emotionally invested in any of these politicians

Last edited:
That’s a very salient point. Unless and until taxes spike it makes zero difference to my life. I’m sure as hell not getting a stimulus check. I trust this is true for many Americans, particularly those with enough sense not to get emotionally invested in any of these politicians
It's about more than money for me. So I guess that means I was emotionally invested. Regardless, it's nice to not be just waiting for the latest outrage coming from Trump or his administration.

The $2800 will be nice, but it's not life changing, even for someone of my modest means. But I suspect I'm a bit of an outlier among my peers. I'm sure most of my white trash neighbors are really going to appreciate the money. Maybe not life changing, but probably life improving, at least for the short term.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It's about more than money for me. So I guess that means I was emotionally invested. Regardless, it's nice to not be just waiting for the latest outrage coming from Trump or his administration.

The $2800 will be nice, but it's not life changing, even for someone of my modest means. But I suspect I'm a bit of an outlier among my peers. I'm sure most of my white trash neighbors are really going to appreciate the money. Maybe not life changing, but probably life improving, at least for the short term.
1. i hear you on the "latest outrage coming from trump." as we've debated/argued on this board in the past whether the great unemployment numbers and general well being were a product of trump or piggybacking off of obama the fact remained that things "felt" good pre-covid. to the person, everyone i knew was excelling. i didn't vote for trump. i was busy as hell with work but i 100% would have voted for trump over hillary and was happy he won. and i was happy with his presidency pre covid when the wheels came flying off. and i along with many others were very disappointed with "the latest outrage coming from trump" because it was all stupid, unnecessary bullshit.

masks. he could have said hey i think masks are hype but as an act of solidarity let's all wear one. like the lance armstrong bracelets. big deal. the summer of love his rhetoric inflamed and divided and didn't unite, and he didn't need to. to his tacit approval of white supremacy groups to his stolen election nonsense. none of it was policy. all fights over silly, unnecessary shit that did nothing but divide us all. so i too am glad to have some peace. and i'm glad trump's out. and i like biden and i'm glad biden is in - but that doesn't mean i don't have concerns re more and more articles questioning his mental health. because in two years i sure as hell don't want harris. if that happens i will feel like we were duped.

2. as for the money - i'm glad those who need it are getting it. i think it's a total boondoggle. i think that we have the technology to give those who needed it $5 - $10k (that would have made a difference) from the checks going to those who didn't need it, but it is what it is. can you imagine when all of the eviction abatements are lifted how much more than $1,400 folks are going to need to get even? want a side gig apply at the sheriff's office as a process server. they will be bursting at the seams. my broader point re taxes was that for an enormous swath of america, absent tax hikes and attendant credits, most of politics is just a hobby. i totally agree with hoopsdoc that the election makes zero difference in our immediate lives. zero. it's a hobby to follow. nothing more. so to get emotionally invested in these politicians is pointless.

Last edited:
politics is just a hobby. i totally agree with hoopsdoc that the election makes zero difference in our immediate lives. zero. it's a hobby to follow. nothing more. so to get emotionally invested in these politicians is pointless

I'd like to be emotionally invested in IU basketball again but it feels like that's been an abusive/toxic relationship recently. Then I could kick politics and get back to semi planning my free time around IU game times.

I'd like to be emotionally invested in IU basketball again but it feels like that's been an abusive/toxic relationship recently. Then I could kick politics and get back to semi planning my free time around IU game times.
man that is so so true. all i watch is soccer. i used to be a huge college football and basketball fan, and watch periodic nfl games. then covid hit and i replaced sports with reading political bullshit and posting on this board. not healthy. i've been lifting like crazy and running to play outdoor this spring. that might be a way to ease back into the old norms. hopefully iu doesn't use covid as a crutch to keep miller. that program needs a fresh start for when the fans come back. imagine how loud assembly hall would be with a new, exciting coach (assuming) coupled with the excitement of a return to live sports

I think we're in agreement here INRanger. If we don't have regular press conferences with Biden, that would be a concern. But I have a feeling that it's a smart move for Biden to create a less intrusive environment given what we have put up with the last four years. I'm willing to give him some space. I'm not sure it's fair to call Biden incompetent and ready for assisted living because he hasn't done a press conference lately.

Now, as for mcmurtry66....I'm truly concerned!
In Biden’s “less intrusive” environment you give him kudos for creating, isn’t that the same as being “less transparent”? So you’re “willing to give Biden some space”...you mean by lobbing slow-pitch softball type questions to him when he does come up to the batter’s box at one of his infrequent plate appearances during a press conference? Is that what you truly mean?

i totally agree with hoopsdoc that the election makes zero difference in our immediate lives. zero. it's a hobby to follow. nothing more. so to get emotionally invested in these politicians is pointless.

In one sense, I totally agree. As I’ve said here a few times, what goes on between our ears is what matters. The coping skills we each have is like an immune system against outside influences. In that sense, politics doesn’t matter. Neither does IU b-ball, the White Sox or anything else. A healthy mind can even help defend against the turmoil of personal tragedy or loss. Yet, I can’t accept that things that don’t touch me directly don’t matter. Lots of examples big and small. The whole thing is highly situational. One small example. What many large and wonderful cities have become affects all of us. I can’t avoid those by saying I will never visit them.

In one sense, I totally agree. As I’ve said here a few times, what goes on between our ears is what matters. The coping skills we each have is like an immune system against outside influences. In that sense, politics doesn’t matter. Neither does IU b-ball, the White Sox or anything else. A healthy mind can even help defend against the turmoil of personal tragedy or loss. Yet, I can’t accept that things that don’t touch me directly don’t matter. Lots of examples big and small. The whole thing is highly situational. One small example. What many large and wonderful cities have become affects all of us. I can’t avoid those by saying I will never visit them.
Agreed Coh. good addition

In Biden’s “less intrusive” environment you give him kudos for creating, isn’t that the same as being “less transparent”? So you’re “willing to give Biden some space”...you mean by lobbing slow-pitch softball type questions to him when he does come up to the batter’s box at one of his infrequent plate appearances during a press conference? Is that what you truly mean?

Yup. If someone asks him a tough question, he can have him removed and attempt to take away his press credentials.

Maybe someday he will decide to get on twitter and personally attack everyone that he doesn't like that day.

Biden could pretty much do anything and GOPers that supported Trump would have no room to talk.

Last edited:
Yup. If someone asks him a tough question, he can have him removed and attempt to remove his press credentials.

Maybe someday he will decide to get on twitter and personally attack everyone that he doesn't like that day.

Biden could pretty much do anything and GOPers would have no room to talk.
good grief. you're exhausting.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
A walking yabbut. For the rest of his life, so long as someone is better than the incredibly low standard Trump set this loser is hunky dory. He’s the political version of a Purdue fan.
Thousands of maga snipes and a couple biden articles and the far left on this board does just what you’d expect

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT