ADVERTISEMENT

Is mcmurtry66 OK?

Circlejoe

All-Big Ten
Sep 26, 2001
He seems to be setting new records for not only the number of posts on TWC, but for always being on the forum. People are starting to ask questions. Maybe there is cause for concern?

As far as President Biden’s performance, he seems to be doing well. In the past few months, he’s been elected POTUS, gaining more votes than anyone in the history of this great country. He’s led a great transition team, nominating a very impressive group of people to the cabinet and other leadership positions. He’s led the COVID response that is vaccinating people at a faster pace than expected. Under his leadership, Congress has passed a historic bill to address the pandemic and our economy. His team has responded quickly to refugee concerns on our southern border. In terms of foreign policy, Biden has taken strong action to show strength and a priority on protecting US assets. Oh…and the stock market is hitting record highs (even though the market isn’t the economy). This is a small sampling of the success Biden has enjoyed in less than 60 days in office.

Media has had enormous access to Biden’s administration through a very competent and willing press secretary. It feels good to not have a narcissist who requires constant publicity and attention in The White House.

He seems to be setting new records for not only the number of posts on TWC, but for always being on the forum. People are starting to ask questions. Maybe there is cause for concern?

As far as President Biden’s performance, he seems to be doing well. In the past few months, he’s been elected POTUS, gaining more votes than anyone in the history of this great country. He’s led a great transition team, nominating a very impressive group of people to the cabinet and other leadership positions. He’s led the COVID response that is vaccinating people at a faster pace than expected. Under his leadership, Congress has passed a historic bill to address the pandemic and our economy. His team has responded quickly to refugee concerns on our southern border. In terms of foreign policy, Biden has taken strong action to show strength and a priority on protecting US assets. Oh…and the stock market is hitting record highs (even though the market isn’t the economy). This is a small sampling of the success Biden has enjoyed in less than 60 days in office.

Media has had enormous access to Biden’s administration through a very competent and willing press secretary. It feels good to not have a narcissist who requires constant publicity and attention in The White House.
I personally agree that the Biden administration is doing well. That’s what one hopes for when a president is elected. That doesn’t mean that concerns over Biden himself’s seeming forgetfulness or the way he’s carefully managed by handlers isn’t a concern on how he is. Or should I just think automatically that alles klar because you say so, Joe?

I personally agree that the Biden administration is doing well. That’s what one hopes for when a president is elected. That doesn’t mean that concerns over Biden himself’s seeming forgetfulness or the way he’s carefully managed by handlers isn’t a concern on how he is. Or should I just think automatically that alles klar because you say so, Joe?

I think we're in agreement here INRanger. If we don't have regular press conferences with Biden, that would be a concern. But I have a feeling that it's a smart move for Biden to create a less intrusive environment given what we have put up with the last four years. I'm willing to give him some space. I'm not sure it's fair to call Biden incompetent and ready for assisted living because he hasn't done a press conference lately.

Now, as for mcmurtry66....I'm truly concerned!

Mcmurtry’s love for watching futbol should be the only reason to question his cognitive abilities. He’s good otherwise. But that futbol thing should not be taken lightly. :)
Lol thanks for the vote of confidence Morrison. I’ll dm you my email if you’d be good enough to share same with my stoker!

Reactions: Morrison

A cry from the triggered far left. You okay, Joe? Your account of Biden and the press doesn’t comport with the links in my post that triggered you.

Nah. I think you’re just hurt that the left echo chamber you loved so much is evaporating. Carry on.

No, really, I'm good. Actually, better than good. Actually, great!

But I am worried about you. Why so bitter?

Good to hear! I'll sleep better tonight knowing you are okay.

Apparently so. You started a dumb thread. Triggered.... the truth is you can’t handle anything derisive about the left. So you were triggered by the poster. Sad.

Apparently so. You started a dumb thread. Triggered.... the truth is you can’t handle anything derisive about the left. So you were triggered by the poster. Sad.

Sorry you think it's dumb. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your other post is, in my opinion.

Honestly curious what you think they've done well to date. I'd grant that the current pace of vaccinations is a good one, not sure how much of that credit rests with the Biden admin, and how much you would credit to the ramp up at the state and local level. They've also ordered a lot more vaccine, which is obviously great. But I think you'd have to be an extremely hateful partisan to think a Trump admin. wouldn't have done the same.

Outside of vaccinations humming along (which is obviously priority one, two and three), not sure how a Conservative like yourself could see any great value in what they've done. In fact I think the messaging they've sent with early actions (or inaction) on immigration, race, energy, unions, stimulus etc. would concern any conservative.

Honestly curious what you think they've done well to date. I'd grant that the current pace of vaccinations is a good one, not sure how much of that credit rests with the Biden admin, and how much you would credit to the ramp up at the state and local level. They've also ordered a lot more vaccine, which is obviously great. But I think you'd have to be an extremely hateful partisan to think a Trump admin. wouldn't have done the same.

Outside of vaccinations humming along (which is obviously priority one, two and three), not sure how a Conservative like yourself could see any great value in what they've done. In fact I think the messaging they've sent with early actions (or inaction) on immigration, race, energy, unions, stimulus etc. would concern any conservative.
Sometimes just hitting the ball off the tee is “doing a good job.” The hysteria over immigrant crises is mostly fake right wing news just like it was fake left wing news when Trump was in office.

I don’t love the spending package but at least people who need the money are getting it. I’m a supporter of Kenyesian economics because it’s usually correct in eras of non-status quo times.

Sometimes just hitting the ball off the tee is “doing a good job.” The hysteria over immigrant crises is mostly fake right wing news just like it was fake left wing news when Trump was in office.

I don’t love the spending package but at least people who need the money are getting it. I’m a supporter of Kenyesian economics because it’s usually correct in eras of non-status quo times.

I think you're downplaying the immigration crisis, even mainstream outlets are being forced to acknowledge that the rate is pretty unprecedented.

I’ve read your posts. You come unraveled over any criticism of the left. As you did by starting this thread.

Not really responsive mcm. You're good at throwing around accusations but seemed to be afraid to back it up. No one has come unraveled in this thread, certainly not me. I'm not offended by criticism of the progressive side but I'll point out where I disagree. I started this thread because I feel it's unfair for you to suggest Biden is incapable simply because he hasn't had a major press conference. Now, you may disagree with what Biden's administration has accomplished in the past 60 days, but they have certainly had some major accomplishments. It seems like he's demonstrating competence. You on the other hand seem butthurt. Jus' sayin'.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I’ve read your posts. You come unraveled over any criticism of the left. As you did by starting this thread.

You mean just like how you get triggered over any criticism of the right.

Pot calling the kettle black

I think you're downplaying the immigration crisis, even mainstream outlets are being forced to acknowledge that the rate is pretty unprecedented.
This happens at the beginning of every presidency.

This happens at the beginning of every presidency.

And never has an administration expressed so little concern. The great thing is we're about to find out. Are you willing to wager that total crossings over Biden's first four years will be lower than that of Trumps? Hell even Obamas?

And never has an administration expressed so little concern. The great thing is we're about to find out. Are you willing to wager that total crossings over Biden's first four years will be lower than that of Trumps? Hell even Obamas?
Based on the number in the cages it seems like they’re catching a lot of them, no?

Reactions: Spartans9312
Not really responsive mcm. You're good at throwing around accusations but seemed to be afraid to back it up. No one has come unraveled in this thread, certainly not me. I'm not offended by criticism of the progressive side but I'll point out where I disagree. I started this thread because I feel it's unfair for you to suggest Biden is incapable simply because he hasn't had a major press conference. Now, you may disagree with what Biden's administration has accomplished in the past 60 days, but they have certainly had some major accomplishments. It seems like he's demonstrating competence. You on the other hand seem butthurt. Jus' sayin'.
Lmao you started an entire thread with my handle as the title. I’d never start a thread about you. That’s as butthurt and as unraveled as it gets. And I linked two articles questioning what’s going on. One Good Mornimg America the other Boston Herald. Educated posters on here are referring to him as Bernie Lomax and others don’t think he’ll make it two more years.

The truth is you get butthurt when your side gets criticized so you’ve posted a new thread out of triggered anger. Transparent as they come.

Lmao you started an entire thread with my handle as the title. I’d never start a thread about you. That’s as butthurt and as unraveled as it gets. And I linked two articles questioning what’s going on. One Good Mornimg America the other Boston Herald. Educated posters on here are referring to him as Bernie Lomax and others don’t think he’ll make it two more years.

The truth is you get butthurt when your side gets criticized so you’ve posted a new thread out of triggered anger. Transparent as they come.
Not to intrude, but were you butt hurt when you referred to many of the libs on here as c*********s?
Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Not to intrude, but were you butt hurt when you referred to many of the libs on here as c*********s?
Asking for a friend.
I genuinely was joking and that’s why I wrote that to goat about taking it seriously. I think 99 percent of the people on this board are genuinely good folks - just disagree about politics.

As for circle joe I remember him giddy as a kindergartener liking posts when Coh was being called a jackleg lawyer and other bs.

His calling me out in a seperate thread was a personal attack bc he hates anything contrary to the left.

You mean just like how you get triggered over any criticism of the right.

Pot calling the kettle black
Get him, Grover!

GroverTrashCanScene_8x10_wlogo.png

I genuinely was joking and that’s why I wrote that to goat about taking it seriously. I think 99 percent of the people on this board are genuinely good folks - just disagree about politics.

As for circle joe I remember him giddy as a kindergartener liking posts when Coh was being called a jackleg lawyer and other bs.

His calling me out in a senate thread was a personal attack bc he hates anything contrary to the left
Got it.

His calling me out in a seperate thread was a personal attack bc he hates anything contrary to the left.

It wasn’t a personal attack. I certainly did not intend that mcm, I was simply pulling your leg a bit. Unfortunately you went off on me. I understand you have had a difficult time since the election. It’s hard to watch what has become of the Republican Party. But there’s no need to lose your composure.

You have been calling posters all kinds of names and insults over the past several weeks. I know you didn’t like having Trump as your party leader, but don’t take it out on the rest of us. Maybe you should take a break. Breathe. Relax. Watch more soccer.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It wasn’t a personal attack. I certainly did not intend that mcm, I was simply pulling your leg a bit. Unfortunately you went off on me. I understand you have had a difficult time since the election. It’s hard to watch what has become of the Republican Party. But there’s no need to lose your composure.

You have been calling posters all kinds of names and insults over the past several weeks. I know you didn’t like having Trump as your party leader, but don’t take it out on the rest of us. Maybe you should take a break. Breathe. Relax. Watch more soccer.
It’s all good. Just perspective and a bit of hypocrisy. There were posters on here that would literally post 25 things a day raging on trump, mags, conservatives etc. as for the insults give me a break. What your side says to stoll. Coh. Others. Some of us don’t have the class to stay quiet like Coh.

Anyway as I said I like biden. Always have. His mental functioning is now becoming covered by national outlets. It’s an issue. I’m rooting for him. The last thing I want is harris.

But remember. You started a thread. Pretty lame. P*ssy move.

Reactions: jet812
It’s all good. Just perspective and a bit of hypocrisy. There were posters on here that would literally post 25 things a day raging on trumps, maga, conservatives etc.

mcm, there’s a big difference between maga, trump and conservatives. I respect conservatives even if I disagree with them. I have no respect for trump or those that supported him. I suspect you agree with me.

mcm, there’s a big difference between maga, trump and conservatives. I respect conservatives even if I disagree with them. I have no respect for trump or those that supported him. I suspect you agree with me.
Actually that’s where you’re wrong. Trump as a spokesperson is vile. From petty fights to tacit racism. Horrible person. But his policies were and are supported by many. So no your generalization is off. I’d rather have a shithead whose policies I support than a good person whose policies are shit. And I don’t cut people off over politics.

I don’t think you and I have much in common.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Maybe. I haven’t read that. I’ve seen the kids in cages but the stories say they arrived at the border or were caught alone without parents.
I read an article on Sunday posted to yahoo news that stated they were. I was sure Cosmic would be posting it since it would've showed up on his news feed.

Actually that’s where you’re wrong. Trump as a spokesperson is vile. From petty fights to tacit racism. Horrible person. But his policies were and are supported by many. So no your generalization is off. I’d rather have a shithead whose policies I support than a good person whose policies are shit.

I don’t think you and I have much in common.
If I were you, the less in you have in common with this chump, the better. This thread & its creator reek of butthurt....

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT