ADVERTISEMENT

Is IU really a tournament team

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Wow, what a terrible uninspired first half. This team is 1 and done in any post season tournament

I think 5 possessions in a row with terrible shots and at least 1 awful pass...please get him out of there.

Devonte Green absolutely sucks, I can't wait for him to leave.
yes. He and AD are DII players at best - air balls, poor defense, inexplicable turnovers - very mediocre. MN guards and forwards are also going to hole with no resistance. AD defense is terrible!

Reactions: SIhoosier26
yes. He and AD are DII players at best - air balls, poor defense, inexplicable turnovers - very mediocre. MN guards and forwards are also going to hole with no resistance. AD defense is terrible!
You can almost add Smith to that as he has his moments but at least he plays defense sometimes. He's still horrible offensively though.

Who really cares? It’s not like we have a chance of making a run.

“Is this a tournament team?”

Only if they make the tournament...

Last edited:
Many of us have much higher expectations for the program than do you, however. Not sure you continue to be critical of that fact.
Your post is stupid, Mary. Explain the last sentence. Actually, don’t bother, I’m not going to respond to your nonsense.

Reactions: MrBing
Your post is stupid, Mary. Explain the last sentence. Actually, don’t bother, I’m not going to respond to your nonsense.
Simply pointing out that some of us have much higher expectations for the program than you’ve said you have, and it’s peculiar why you have such a problem with that.

Many of us have much higher expectations for the program than do you, however. Not sure you continue to be critical of that fact.
Y-A-W-N.

Yeah, you guys are really something. You don't know crap about basketball, so you smugly inflate your "expectations" and act like that's a worthwhile comment.

great-expectations-1860.jpg

Y-A-W-N.

Yeah, you guys are really something. You don't know crap about basketball, so you smugly inflate your "expectations" and act like that's a worthwhile comment.

It’s one of the most moronic things the Negative Nancies say, and they say a lot of moronic things.

Reactions: Coopster and MrBing
Y-A-W-N.

You’re the ones who seem to know nothing about basketball, and none of you have seen IU as an elite program. Your posts make that obvious, as do your modest expectations for the program. No worries.

Devonte Green absolutely sucks, I can't wait for him to leave.
He has been better lately. Little more even keel and his D has been better. Still tons of room for improvement, but he hasn’t been having those games that just kill us. Part of that may be Archie not giving him the opportunity to have them.

After the loss to Purdue in Assembly after Coach Knight gave the pregame talk, I was on the fence about Coach Miller and this team. Since then, watching this team game in and game out I realize just what a struggle IU's Coach faces with the level of inconsistency of these players overall. Sure, the naysayers can point to Archie as the guy who recruited them and complain that he is paid more than enough to find a way to make a great team out of them. The truth is he may be getting "the best" some of them can give. My evidence for that is Archie's fire on the sideline and his frustration with media questions in recent games. I think the coach may be more frustrated than many fans at times but this is the hand he has to work with and I believe he is trying to make "the best" of it.

I'm not sure there are any IU fans propping this team up as something more than they are not. However, it sure will be nice to see Indiana's name pop up on that tournament bracket and it is undeniable that is progress; however little or mediocre it may be.

IU is going dancing. Archie is moving the needle on and off the court, and on schedule. IU is going to play in the tournament then enter an offseason when he will bring in likely another top ten recruiting class culminating in a preseason top 25 ranking. I’m excited to see how far this guy can take us.

Ultimate dilemma, not sure how we spin this. Our coach sucks yet still able to take a team where our back court is “D2 players at best” to the tournament. Not sure where this one goes? Either Archie is doing a pretty good job coaching an untalented team or our players may just be a little bit better than we give them credit for.

So is Archie the national coach of the year?

You said this was the worst roster in a half century.

You said we'd be worse than last year because we lost Romeo and Juwan.

You also said Georgia would make the tournament because Crean was bringing in some good 'rekroots'.

This has not been a good year for you and your proclamations has it?

So is Archie the national coach of the year?

You said this was the worst roster in a half century.

You said we'd be worse than last year because we lost Romeo and Juwan.

You also said Georgia would make the tournament because Crean was bringing in some good 'rekroots'.

This has not been a good year for you and your proclamations has it?

That is the thing about going out on limbs..... they can snap like a mother ****er. Not like I would have any experience in such things......

Reactions: TommyCracker
That OK for this, I don't think anyone had expectations we would. What's disturbing to me though, is this gimmick D and inability to make in-game adjustments, plan towards matchups, inconsistent effort. I do not like gimmick basketball. It does work for exactly what is designed to, win the game you're supposed to win and get you to the tourney. It is not for elite teams, and we will just be clinging to "hey, we made the tourney" for years to come. Not enough to fire the coach, and just enough to absolve the AD of responsibility. Exactly what Fred wanted and bought. Only two teams have ever won a title doing this Syracuse and UVA. UVA was lucky, and Syracuse needed extreme talent to do so. It is a consistent recipe, but if you want to be elite you have to have a coach that is willing to in game coach, adapt to personnel, matchups, and not just blindly follow a recipe. Cal, Izzo, K … their teams always have this ability to switch to a different game plan depending on competition or what they're doing in game. We don't have that unless Archie grows up fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT