ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too early to look at IUWBB for 2018-19

snowling

Hall of Famer
I try to update as I find things of interest as I come across them, but here is a quick review of the new participants for IUWBB going into 2018-19

Transfers:
Ali Patberg - http://iuhoosiers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9194&path=wbball

Brenna Wise - http://iuhoosiers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9196&path=wbball

Recruit signing from November (covered eariler in the Other IU Sports Forum):
http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/11/8/indiana-womens-basketball-inks-three-to-national-letters-of-intent.aspx?path=wbball

Go Hoosiers!

Thanks Steve. They don't give Brenda's size. That is the only problem I see coming is the lack of size. Who do we have coming on that can spell and eventually replace Kim? I don't think Lindsey showed that ability yet. Maybe she can develop.

Thanks Steve. I'm especially excited about the Latvian; she could be an important addition. But they all sound promising. I expect to follow the women more next year; basketball season should be twice the fun. I hope their games get broadcast a lot.

Reactions: ORG and snowling
Thanks Steve. They don't give Brenda's size. That is the only problem I see coming is the lack of size. Who do we have coming on that can spell and eventually replace Kim? I don't think Lindsey showed that ability yet. Maybe she can develop.
2019 verbal commits:

Arielle Wisne 6-3 forward Thornton CO

Jorie Allen 6-1 forward Bedford IN

Don't think either of them is highly rated, but they do bring some much needed size to the team.

Reactions: ORG and snowling
I think Linsey is developing and next year will definitely demand more time of her on the court. She needs to be more consistent and confident and play without the fouls that she is so prone to picking up.
Ali was listed at 5'10" while at ND.
Brenna was listed at 6' while at Pitt.
As noted by SB Jim, we do have some size who have verbaled for the 2019 Class.

Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: kmathum and Walt542
2019 verbal commits:

Arielle Wisne 6-3 forward Thornton CO

Jorie Allen 6-1 forward Bedford IN

Don't think either of them is highly rated, but they do bring some much needed size to the team.

Good Evening,

Just introducing myself to the IU Board for women's basketball, there is one more 2019 verbal commit - Mackenzie Holmes - Gorham ME, I know "dad's" aren't suppose to spend time on message boards, but I thought I would share her 2017/18 highlight video with folks. We are all excited to become part of "Hoosier Nation!!"

Here is link to the video:

Mackenzie Holmes - 2017/2018 Highlight Video

Good Evening,

Just introducing myself to the IU Board for women's basketball, there is one more 2019 verbal commit - Mackenzie Holmes - Gorham ME, I know "dad's" aren't suppose to spend time on message boards, but I thought I would share her 2017/18 highlight video with folks. We are all excited to become part of "Hoosier Nation!!"

You and yours are most welcome. Bring it Mackenzie! Just don't judge IU by its message boards, or at least this one - can be a wee bit 'unfiltered' at times but all in for IU just the same.

Good Evening,

Welcome to the IU family. We are glad to have the Holmes' family and Mackenzie join us.
Thanks for posting.

Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind reception. We have heard nothing but great things about IU. It's amazing how many Alums you run into once you start wearing a little Hoosier gear. To a person, they speak highly of their years there and it's certainly encouraging to hear the stories straight from those who have experienced it!

Thank you for the kind reception. We have heard nothing but great things about IU. It's amazing how many Alums you run into once you start wearing a little Hoosier gear. To a person, they speak highly of their years there and it's certainly encouraging to hear the stories straight from those who have experienced it!

It's a good place to be. We are passionate about basketball, even Women's basketball. You will love your gameday experience here.

welcome aboard. your girl looks like a warrior. very much looking forward to seeing her in cream and crimson. just curious, is she a natural lefty? she looks skilled with both hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowling
Good Evening,

Thanks for the video and you are certainly welcome on this forum as long as you can tolerate some of the stupid comments. I have known Coach Moren for twenty years. Great Coach!

Thanks for the video and you are certainly welcome on this forum as long as you can tolerate some of the stupid comments. I have known Coach Moren for twenty years. Great Coach!
coach moren may be the best coach in the entire ath. dept,

Reactions: channi
Good Evening,

WOW! Nice footwork. I like her game! Welcome to the Hoosier Nation!

Good Evening,

Congratulations to you and your daughter. She is coming to a very good school and at a time when our basketball programs have momentum.

Reactions: snowling
Good Evening,

Very impressed with this young lady. Looks like we might have found a real overlooked gem.

Impressed with her work around the basket. Knows where she's at, and doesn't waste any time putting up a shot. Just what we need.

Also impressed with her passing, and ability to find open teammates.

Defense looks tuff. She'll be hard to keep off the court.

B1G teams may be in for a surprise next year with Mackenzie, and some of the other girls we have coming in.

Very impressed with this young lady. Looks like we might have found a real overlooked gem.

Impressed with her work around the basket. Knows where she's at, and doesn't waste any time putting up a shot. Just what we need.

Also impressed with her passing, and ability to find open teammates.

Defense looks tuff. She'll be hard to keep off the court.

B1G teams may be in for a surprise next year with Mackenzie, and some of the other girls we have coming in.
i like her too but i think she's 2019.

i like her too but i think she's 2019.

Yes, you are correct she is a 2019 - Mackenzie and I will be in Bloomington this weekend, as she is going to make the trip down for the Women's Elite Camp on Saturday. Feel like it's a great way to get some early coaching from the staff and just as importantly start building relationships with future teammates! We are looking forward to our visit!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT