ADVERTISEMENT

Is it Pathetic?

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Just watched the 30 minute segment of Christian Watford’s shot on B1G channel. It never gets old. Goes in every time. What is borderline pathetic is the segment moved me to tears.

I recently traveled back to Indiana to see family just as we have done every summer for the past 22 years since graduating from IU and moving out of the state. This last trip was a little special as I took my rising HS senior daughter to Bloomington to tour the campus. While I would put it at less than a 1% chance she goes to IU, I am holding out hope a la Dumb and Dumber “so you say there’s a chance”. Regardless, at the end of the campus tour, we ate at Nicks and while we were waiting on our food to come out, I showed her the video of what transpired at Nicks after the Watshot. She and I just watched the segment together and tears are running down my face. No doubt the shot going down and the memory of that game is still fresh, but emotionally preparing for her to go off to college next year probably had a little to do with the tears. Anyway, I am always emotional over IU BB. Hoping this season the tears flow due to victories! Go IU!

To keep with your dumb and dumber theme

tenor.gif

I kid! Glad you got to share that moment with your daughter. I’m getting ready to become a father for the first time in the next few days. Can’t wait to have moments like this way down the line

Reactions: aajohn2000
To keep with your dumb and dumber theme

tenor.gif

I kid! Glad you got to share that moment with your daughter. I’m getting ready to become a father for the first time in the next few days. Can’t wait to have moments like this way down the line
Congrats and best wishes for healthy healthy.

Let us know how things go. Tip...careful with backgrounds on first photos.

Last edited:
Just watched the 30 minute segment of Christian Watford’s shot on B1G channel. It never gets old. Goes in every time. What is borderline pathetic is the segment moved me to tears.

I recently traveled back to Indiana to see family just as we have done every summer for the past 22 years since graduating from IU and moving out of the state. This last trip was a little special as I took my rising HS senior daughter to Bloomington to tour the campus. While I would put it at less than a 1% chance she goes to IU, I am holding out hope a la Dumb and Dumber “so you say there’s a chance”. Regardless, at the end of the campus tour, we ate at Nicks and while we were waiting on our food to come out, I showed her the video of what transpired at Nicks after the Watshot. She and I just watched the segment together and tears are running down my face. No doubt the shot going down and the memory of that game is still fresh, but emotionally preparing for her to go off to college next year probably had a little to do with the tears. Anyway, I am always emotional over IU BB. Hoping this season the tears flow due to victories! Go

I recently traveled back to Indiana to see family just as we have done every summer for the past 22 years since graduating from IU and moving out of the state. This last trip was a little special as I took my rising HS senior daughter to Bloomington to tour the campus. While I would put it at less than a 1% chance she goes to IU, I am holding out hope a la Dumb and Dumber “so you say there’s a chance”. Regardless, at the end of the campus tour, we ate at Nicks and while we were waiting on our food to come out, I showed her the video of what transpired at Nicks after the Watshot. She and I just watched the segment together and tears are running down my face. No doubt the shot going down and the memory of that game is still fresh, but emotionally preparing for her to go off to college next year probably had a little to do with the tears. Anyway, I am always emotional over IU BB. Hoping this season the tears flow due to victories! Go IU!
Yes it is pathetic. Crying is only acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon.

My daughter will graduate from college in December. I’ll never forget the IU campus tour we took the winter of 2015-16. My wife and I (both IU grads) almost cried when we realized she was not feeling it on the tour.

OMG. Any Kentucky fan that has time and the energy to post on a public IU basketball board and troll this stuff is in need of a mental health professional. I am not judging. Just trying to help.

ADVERTISEMENT