ADVERTISEMENT

Is Brunk playing Wed.?

Probably doesn't matter. Last year, Brunk played hardly at all. Archie went small and upped the tempo which worked out well. I recall Hamilton taking out one or two of his bigs because they couldn't keep up, stamina wise....

McHoop

Probably doesn't matter. Last year, Brunk played hardly at all. Archie went small and upped the tempo which worked out well. I recall Hamilton taking out one or two of his bigs because they couldn't keep up, stamina wise....

McHoop
I forgot about that and think you're right, but I'd still rather have the option of him playing with their size. Just because he can play, doesn't mean he has to. If he can't play, well, that's that!

I forgot about that and think you're right, but I'd still rather have the option of him playing with their size. Just because he can play, doesn't mean he has to. If he can't play, well, that's that!

McHoop remembers correctly and IU has even more ability to run but I am with you...want the options.

McHoop
It definitely matters, even if Brunk doesn't start it really boosts our depth to have him off the bench. Trayce also struggles scoring and defending against the 5.

It was going to be difficult to beat FSU anyway but it will be almost impossible to beat any good team without a player over 6"7.

Reactions: kkott

McHoop
Green also played like a POY candidate in the game last year. I don't see any of our guards going off for 30 this time.

Brunk is out for Fla St & maybe a lot longer. Durham is doubtful

I hope lander has a break out game. Or at least looks like he belongs and plays 20+ mins

Reactions: kkott
Brunk is out for Fla St & maybe a lot longer. Durham is doubtful
re: Brunk....what's the real story here? I haven't heard anything other than 'back issues', 'day-to-day' and 'game time decision'. Your comment leads me to believe that all of that has been bullshite. I was hopeful simply because he wasn't seen wearing the infamous IU walking boot.

It definitely matters, even if Brunk doesn't start it really boosts our depth to have him off the bench. Trayce also struggles scoring and defending against the 5.

It was going to be difficult to beat FSU anyway but it will be almost impossible to beat any good team without a player over 6"7.

Good thing we have 3 guys available that are taller than that.

He’s not playing. Coach said yesterday that he’s out indefinitely while they explore treatment options

Green also played like a POY candidate in the game last year. I don't see any of our guards going off for 30 this time.
Posed an interesting question (I thought) to a friend last night: What's the most 3's we'll see an IU player make in 1 game this year? It's not going to be a big # in my opinion: 4 maybe?

Interesting watching IA last night, man do they have shooters and with Garza, they have a pretty potent 4 out/1 in offense. I still think with his shooting and ability in the paint, someone will find a role for him in the NBA and he'll be drafted. A team that puts 4 guys on the perimeter and allows Garza to go 1 on 1 in the paint, is going to get points out of him, even if he's a liability on the defensive end. If the other team has a mobile post with moves, he might get burned, but there are a lot of "rim-protectors" out there in the NBA and he can score on them. Will be interesting to see, but my belief is he'll definitely get drafted.

Posed an interesting question (I thought) to a friend last night: What's the most 3's we'll see an IU player make in 1 game this year? It's not going to be a big # in my opinion: 4 maybe?

Interesting watching IA last night, man do they have shooters and with Garza, they have a pretty potent 4 out/1 in offense. I still think with his shooting and ability in the paint, someone will find a role for him in the NBA and he'll be drafted. A team that puts 4 guys on the perimeter and allows Garza to go 1 on 1 in the paint, is going to get points out of him, even if he's a liability on the defensive end. If the other team has a mobile post with moves, he might get burned, but there are a lot of "rim-protectors" out there in the NBA and he can score on them. Will be interesting to see, but my belief is he'll definitely get drafted.
we'll have one helluva time guarding Iowa in their 4/1 offense. Garza will get his numbers and it will be bombs away from deep. Also...never been an Illini fan but always enjoy watching the Dukies getting humbled on ESPN. B1G looks like another meat grinder this yr.

ADVERTISEMENT