ADVERTISEMENT

Is Bob Knight going to be at the OSU game?

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
I saw somewhere that Dan Dakich hinted at it, but didn't see anything definitive.

My guess is IU would want to hype the crap out of something like this and not just have him show up, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I saw somewhere that Dan Dakich hinted at it, but didn't see anything definitive.

My guess is IU would want to hype the crap out of something like this and not just have him show up, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
Dakich mentioned a reunion and said RMK didn't have a backbone and was disrespectful. If Dakich is going to be there, I don't see why RMK would want to be there.

The minute IU hyped the return of Knight, he would cancel. If there is a reunion planned, RMK might consider meeting the players in a restaurant or another location.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
Dakich mentioned a reunion and said RMK didn't have a backbone and was disrespectful. If Dakich is going to be there, I don't see why RMK would want to be there.

The minute IU hyped the return of Knight, he would cancel. If there is a reunion planned, RMK might consider meeting the players in a restaurant or another location.
I'd rather have RMK back in Assembly Hall than Dakich.
If RMK comes back he will make it low key.

Interesting.

I know he held a reunion of student managers a few years back in Chicago.

It'd be cool to see him be recognized in Assembly Hall. I'd imagine that place would be the loudest it's been in awhile.

Coach Knight would definitely want it to be more low key. I don’t think he would want to be a distraction (and take attention away from the kids/team).

Reactions: Kelper
I posted this on the Premium Board. My neighbor (here in LA) was roommates with Pat Knight and spoke with him yesterday via phone; Pat told him RMK will be in attendance at the Hall tomorrow, with this caveat....RMK's dementia is really bad, and he has good/bad days. If he wakes up feeling good, he will attend.

I posted this on the Premium Board. My neighbor (here in LA) was roommates with Pat Knight and spoke with him yesterday via phone; Pat told him RMK will be in attendance at the Hall tomorrow, with this caveat....RMK's dementia is really bad, and he has good/bad days. If he wakes up feeling good, he will attend.
I'm giving some thought to driving over. I may roll the dice. It'd be great to see Coach Knight in Assembly Hall again.

mcmurtry66 said:

No longer a choice? What’s that mean?

The mind has failed him. The Misses does all but tie his shoes these days.
[/quote]
He must’ve had a really good day back in November when he showed up at the Bird. He seemed mentally sharp to me.

Reactions: iubud
Dementia is a strange thing to experience. My grandfather was super wholesome and the sweetest man alive but over the years he turned really sour and angry as it set in. He is unrecognizable and needs 24hr care to prevent situations. It's a sad thing to see.

So do you think RMK becomes super sweet? No, I only kid. I do truly hope his good days outnumber his bad days for as long as it can. If for nothing else, his wife.

I do wish I could confirm or squash this rumor. I will jump in the truck and be at the hall in 10 minutes if I can confirm it.

Reactions: ufo33
ya I just got an offer I couldn’t refuse. 100 bucks for a ticket in E5 and if we lose it’s free. Hope the General is in the building!

Have a good time, hoping (and expecting) that you’ll be out the hundred. ...... VBG

Dementia is a strange thing to experience. My grandfather was super wholesome and the sweetest man alive but over the years he turned really sour and angry as it set in. He is unrecognizable and needs 24hr care to prevent situations. It's a sad thing to see.

So do you think RMK becomes super sweet? No, I only kid. I do truly hope his good days outnumber his bad days for as long as it can. If for nothing else, his wife.
My grandmother experienced a significant mellowing as it progressed. She was a fairly judgmental, upright, stern, conservative...but by the end she was pretty much just a wobbly ball of happy that smiled at everyone and wanted to hold everyone's hand. That lasted for a year or two before it got really bad and she was bedridden and mute. Bob might be mellowing, who knows.

If he is struggling that much, it makes me hate Dakich even more for calling out RMK and saying he had no backbone if he didn't show up for this game. I stopped listening to his show on my app, but I am thinking about calling in to give him hell!

No longer a choice? What’s that mean?
My response you question was in answer to the comment that Bob might want to be play it low key upon his return to Assembly Hall. It is my understanding that people in the later stages of Alzheimer’s only know how to play it one way, the low key approach that characterizes the plaque infested circuitry of the brain.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT