ADVERTISEMENT

is archie the worst recruiter in america?

Bad_Post.jpg.jpg

Reactions: RunninRichie
I think head coaching skill sets have changed.
Great recruiter, then have your assistants coach.
Great coach, then have your assistants recruit.
It may be less common to excel in both.
I am not sure how ranked Archie would be in either.

He is a decent recruiter. We have talent on the team. I believe his shortcoming is likely his coaching ability. His teams play hardnosed defense as the season progresses but his offense seems poorly taught. This first game I watched TJD set a screen at the top of the key and Al Durham didn't even know how to use the screen. He permitted 2-3ft between he and the screener!!! Many more issues I see with his teams that are similar to this that have me believing he is not the coach for Indiana. I was high on him when we hired him but that has passed. I will no longer justify an Indiana coach because I want them to succeed. This is what I was doing in the past. I wanted them to be the right guy soooo much I overlooked their shortcomings and justified them in my own mind. No more.

Either is not IU, and I do know you are a UK fan. I made a fat finger mistake since the K and L are next to each other but i am still right on the reason I don’t want to discuss anything IU related to a UK fan as you would probably not want to hear what I think of UK.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Either is not IU, and I do know you are a UK fan. I made a fat finger mistake since the K and L are next to each other but i am still right on the reason I don’t want to discuss anything IU related to a UK fan as you would probably not want to hear what I think of UK.
Respectable, good post bro. Have a good day!

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
That 0-10 from 3 is going to be a problem for UK. That’s generally a stat that doesn’t get much better.
We will see, hopefully it does...I think once we get more experience and can learn offensive sets better looks will come from 3. There was a ton of hero ball today.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
This first game I watched TJD set a screen at the top of the key and Al Durham didn't even know how to use the screen. He permitted 2-3ft between he and the screener!!!

Many more issues I see with his teams that are similar to this that have me believing he is not the coach for Indiana.

If the "many more issues" are as insightful as your conclusion that Aljami doesn't know how to use screens probably best they remain your little secret.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT