ADVERTISEMENT

Is anybody else having a difficult time deciding when to play golf during the weekend?

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
I'll hear a weather forecast on television on a Friday morning stating we are going to have nice weather on Saturday morning and then we'll have thunderstorms in the afternoon. However, the same individual will say on Friday night that we are going to have thunderstorms in the morning and it will be nice in the afternoon.

I set my alarm clock for 6:30 this morning so I could get up and decide when to play golf. It was dreary outside, so I thought I would wait until the afternoon. An hour or so later, it looked nicer outside, so I shaved, showered and hurried to the golf course.

I arrived there around 8:30 and nobody else planned to play golf, so I teed off at around 9:00. It rained on me a couple of times, but there was no lightning. I finished playing 18 holes around 11:30.

Had I known it was going to be nice this afternoon, I would have waited to play this afternoon. At least I was able to mow the grass after I got home today.

I'm afraid too many of our meteorologists are Purdue grads. That's why they can't forecast worth a nickel. They have the dreaded "Purdue Mentality."

Reactions: mohoosier and C-$
Cart seat gets wet too.

I walked 36 holes this weekend. On Saturday, I got soaked a couple of times before finishing my round. It also rained today, but we were able to get in a shelter area to avoid getting wet. Unfortunately, I was having a good round and it seemed to throw off my round for the last four holes of the front nine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT