ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
OK, Fran is a douche, but this Iowa team is a fun and interesting one to watch.....amazingly, as they've lost Bohannon, Nunge, and Pat McCaffery for the year.

Last night the BTN guys compared Garza to Frank Kaminsky.....seems that an apt comparison. I've always liked Weiskamp, a lot. He can drive or shoot 3s, is a good rebounder, a great FT shooter and hardly ever fouls.

The guy who is really coming on is Toussaint, the freshman from NY. Ultra quick, smart, tough, pure point guard who has a mid-range game and can shoot FTs. Also, the Frederick kid from the Cincy area....RS freshman. Can shoot the 3s and is very smart and tough-minded. Wish we had him.

The other guy I like is Kreiner, a role-playing tough guy who doesn't make mistakes.

I'm less enthusiastic about Conner McCaffery and Pemzl....neither is bad, but nothing special.

What sets this Iowa team apart from recent seasons is that they are physically tougher and play at least average D.

I could see them as a Final 16 tourney team if they can avoid foul trouble....they basically play 6 1/2 players. For whatever reason, they're getting the calls at home big-time. That may not happen in the tourney.

Reactions: kkott
OK, Fran is a douche, but this Iowa team is a fun and interesting one to watch.....amazingly, as they've lost Bohannon, Nunge, and Pat McCaffery for the year.

Last night the BTN guys compared Garza to Frank Kaminsky.....seems that an apt comparison. I've always liked Weiskamp, a lot. He can drive or shoot 3s, is a good rebounder, a great FT shooter and hardly ever fouls.

The guy who is really coming on is Toussaint, the freshman from NY. Ultra quick, smart, tough, pure point guard who has a mid-range game and can shoot FTs. Also, the Frederick kid from the Cincy area....RS freshman. Can shoot the 3s and is very smart and tough-minded. Wish we had him.

The other guy I like is Kreiner, a role-playing tough guy who doesn't make mistakes.

I'm less enthusiastic about Conner McCaffery and Pemzl....neither is bad, but nothing special.

What sets this Iowa team apart from recent seasons is that they are physically tougher and play at least average D.

I could see them as a Final 16 tourney team if they can avoid foul trouble....they basically play 6 1/2 players. For whatever reason, they're getting the calls at home big-time. That may not happen in the tourney.

We still need to beat them at home. All they can really do is shoot. When the shots aren’t falling, Garza is their only real threat.

Thet are good and i feel like garza has been around like 8 years. Yet he is only a junior.

Iowa showing everybody that they don't need the injury excuse, including last season for them to make the dance. Toussaint kind of reminds me of Yogi in the way he plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT