ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

WOW Big statement! Thats memorable! Damn...

USC had at least 6 + spots in the polls based on solely on their past history...

Plenty of talent there...; not much in terms of what I'd expect to see from a top 25 Team...

Iowa did have very a good year. Don't see that W as any kind of a "statement" however...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
USC had an 3 spots in the polls based on solely on their past history... Plenty of talent, not much in terms of what I'd expect to see from a top 25 Team...

Iowa did have very a good year. Don't see that W as any kind of a "statement" however...
That was 49-24 against usc. Idc if they are down or not those guys are some of the best athletes on the planet every year. The other thing...? Matt Leinart...Reggie Bush and others were dumbfounded. When i grew up usc would play anyone and beat the snot out of em. Iowa smoked baby! That was awesome!

That was 49-24 against usc. Idc if they are down or not those guys are some of the best athletes on the planet every year. The other thing...? Matt Leinart...Reggie Bush and others were dumbfounded. When i grew up usc would play anyone and beat the snot out of em. Iowa smoked baby! That was awesome!

They aren't the USC you grew up watching and they really shouldn't have been ranked at 22nd (as was shown by Iowa moments ago).

Hope you're enjoying whatever you're drinking...

They aren't the USC you grew up watching and they really shouldn't have been ranked at 22nd (as was shown by Iowa moments ago).

Hope you're enjoying whatever you're drinking...
OKAY so if IU went in to the Holiday Bowl and beat usc like that it wouldn't be memorable, statement, HUGE win??? Whatevs...I'll take what I'm drinking you can just be delusional. :)

Lighten up, Francis. B1G win for the conference and the Hawkeyes.

I'm happy the Big Ten team won in that one.

Calling it some type of "statement win" is way, way over the top.

The USC coach is barely keeping his job and they are nowhere close to what I've always considered a top 25 team.

//Just my opinion.//

-Have no intention of "lightening up"-

I'm not the one jabbering about "statement wins" over an overrated team...

Last edited:
I'm happy the Big Ten team won in that one.

Calling it some type of "statement win" is way, way over the top.

The USC coach is barely keeping his job and they are nowhere close to what I've always considered a top 25 team.

//Just my opinion.//

-Have no intention of "lightening up"-

I'm not the one jabbering about "statement wins" over a highly overrated team...
jabbering about statement wins...Jeez your more delusional than I thought. To beat usc in their own backyard like that??? Thats like kicking the Yankees ass.

usc brings in KILLER talent every year! TOP 10 talent EVERY YEAR.

If they even got a whiff of a spark they could bury most top teams with the players and matchups alone. I understand they are not "coached" like they once were but the pieces are there and they could catch fire and go. When that bulb goes off they will torch most competition.

They have showed signs all year just struggling changing things up too much IYAM.

BUT to say a 25 point beatdown against arguably one of the greatest football programs to ever take the field? That bowl trophy will be one of the top highlights in the Iowa trophy room and you can count on that!

jabbering about statement wins...Jeez your more delusional than I thought. To beat usc in their own backyard like that??? Thats like kicking the Yankees ass.

usc brings in KILLER talent every year! TOP 10 talent EVERY YEAR.

If they even got a whiff of a spark they could bury most top teams with the players and matchups alone. I understand they are not "coached" like they once were but the pieces are there and they could catch fire and go. When that bulb goes off they will torch most competition.

They have showed signs all year just struggling changing things up too much IYAM.

BUT to say a 25 point beatdown against arguably one of the greatest football programs to ever take the field? That bowl trophy will be one of the top highlights in the Iowa trophy room and you can count on that!
I think the only statement that game made is how bad USC and the PAC12 truly are.

Reggie Bush made a great case that Iowa was a pretty average team. He layed (laid?) the blame squarely where it belongs - on the USC coaching staff.

But, I think any time a Big Ten team beats a traditionally strong school from another P5 conference is a great thing (uniess it's a certain team). This year, I truly want to see every Big Tean team win their bowl game. Now, THAT would be a statement!

Last edited:
I think the only statement that game made was how bad USC and the PAC12 truly are.

Reggie Bush made a great case that Iowa was a pretty average team. He layed (laid?) the blame squarely where it belongs - on the USC coaching staff.

But, I think any time a Big Ten team beats a traditionally strong school from another P5 conference is a great thing (uniess it's a certain team). This year, I truly want to see every Big Tean team win their bowl game. Now, THAT would be a statement!

I'm never sad to see P$U, or Michigan lose but if it burnishes our image in any way then I can hold my nose and hope they eek one out...;) Feel the same about "the" o$u this year...

USC is in turmoil right now. Check the recruiting rankings they’re like 80th for this year. Coach has no idea if he has a job. It’s a mess. Still, a GREAT win by Iowa.

USC is in turmoil right now. Check the recruiting rankings they’re like 80th for this year. Coach has no idea if he has a job. It’s a mess. Still, a GREAT win by Iowa.
The reason they are 80th is they only took 11 this class. The coach was also extended recently I believe. Iowa played a great game even if USC was a little over-rated.

Considering the only other time this season in which Iowa put up points like that was against Miami (OH) and Middle Tenn, if not a statement at the very least an eye opener in terms of what most would have expected given the Iowa offense this season.

I'm never sad to see P$U, or Michigan lose but if it burnishes our image in any way then I can hold my nose and hope they eek one out...;) Feel the same about "the" o$u this year...
Well, I'm never 'sad' to see them lose. I'd just rather they beat their bowl opponents this year because I'm really tired of hearing about the SEC.

The reason they are 80th is they only took 11 this class. The coach was also extended recently I believe. Iowa played a great game even if USC was a little over-rated.

That’s understandable but they don’t have an excuse to loose out on all the talent in their backyard.

Justin Fowe-Oregon
Bryce Young-Alabama
Clarke Phillips-Utah
CJ Stroud- Ohio St
Jermaine Burton-Georgia
Johnny Wilson-Arizona St
Kourt Williams- Ohio St

All Southern Cali kids. I get you can’t get them all but damn... They missed on some big time kids. That’s on the staff.

There were literally conflicting reports a couple weeks ago if he had a job and extensions are meaningless. And I believe 10 of their 11 guys are 3 stars. Hardly a banner class or situation.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
There were literally conflicting reports a couple weeks ago if he had a job and extensions are meaningless. And I believe 10 of their 11 guys are 3 stars. Hardly a banner class or situation.

They are very young and positions are blocked for a couple of years, much like us. Not trying to defend them but the P12 has made the playoffs maybe once? I like seeing USC lose but I'm not going to be the one throwing stones from where we sit.

That’s understandable but they don’t have an excuse to loose out on all the talent in their backyard.

Justin Fowe-Oregon
Bryce Young-Alabama
Clarke Phillips-Utah
CJ Stroud- Ohio St
Jermaine Burton-Georgia
Johnny Wilson-Arizona St
Kourt Williams- Ohio St

All Southern Cali kids. I get you can’t get them all but damn... They missed on some big time kids. That’s on the staff.

Did you guys hear the latest drama regarding the recruitment of Justin Flowe? He is the #1 rated LB in the country and the USC coaches have raised big issues with the recruiting tactics of Cristobal at Oregon.
The USC coaches said Flowe told them that Oregon staff are telling recruits that the USC coaches were racists and would only recruit Polynesian LBs or something to that effect.

Did you guys hear the latest drama regarding the recruitment of Justin Flowe? He is the #1 rated LB in the country and the USC coaches have raised big issues with the recruiting tactics of Cristobal at Oregon.
The USC coaches said Flowe told them that Oregon staff are telling recruits that the USC coaches were racists and would only recruit Polynesian LBs or something to that effect.

Negative recruiting has gone on for years. I read that Flowe wore number 5 because his favorite all time player was Reggie Bush. Pete Carroll might have been shady and Kiffin at that time was over his head but they both could recruit. They should have fired Helton. Schools more than likely are using the “dead man walking” pitch. No way he’s going to last another 2 years.

It sucks that coaches have to go to that level. I’m sure that dipshit Brohm tries the same crap.

I would say it was a big win for Iowa because it gave them their tenth win. USC had a very good offense. I would agree that this is not the USC of old, their defense was pretty much man handled most of the night by Iowa's offense. Joel Klatt even remarked about how Iowa fans would be saying "why couldn't Iowa's offense play this good all season". His answer was solid, many teams in the BiG have top 30 defenses, which USC did not. To me that is a pretty good compliment for teams in the BiG. Being an Iowa fan, I will say this......Every win is a big win, it's much better then a loss....LOL Good luck in your bowl game, I will be rooting for the Hoosiers. ;)

Hmmm...... hard to believe Oregon would do something like that.

Just kidding - it's exactly the kind of thing I would expect them to do.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Way to go Iowa! You won the game and can now continue to beat out IU for recruits like Deonta Craig. From the state of Indiana there are now Tracy, Johnson, Brents, and Britt on the Iowa roster. Just offered 2 more 2021 Indiana players. Keep winning those bowl games cause many on this board support you.

Way to go Iowa! You won the game and can now continue to beat out IU for recruits like Deonta Craig. From the state of Indiana there are now Tracy, Johnson, Brents, and Britt on the Iowa roster. Just offered 2 more 2021 Indiana players. Keep winning those bowl games cause many on this board support you.
Amen,I will say it again,I’ve never understood why you should feel obligated to root for a team because they are in your conference.
I get a kick out of the response ‘well if —— wins it makes IU look better lol
No it doesn’t....at all.

ADVERTISEMENT