ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

Six wins and a 3-6 conference record should never be celebrated as a milestone if program building is the goal, based on where Allen started. It’s an example of the “good enough” attitude that is accepted by far too many.
I’m going to celebrate it if it happens. I want 6 wins to not be good enough, but for us, it is. You can’t go straight to a 9/10 win season after being 5-7 the past 10 years. It’s not that it’s only 6 wins, it’s that progress is being made.

Pizza was great at Mother Bears... talked to some nice folks (despite my IOWA gear). Had a couple cocktails at Kilroy's. FYI, good college buddy of mine is the marching band director at IU. Great host and ambassador for IU...he loves Bloomington.

Back in the room quite toasty, thanks for the hospitality Hoosiers. Great game tomorrow...but we're gonna have to take this one. You can get a 2-1 back in basketball season.

Pizza was great at Mother Bears... talked to some nice folks (despite my IOWA gear). Had a couple cocktails at Kilroy's. FYI, good college buddy of mine is the marching band director at IU. Great host and ambassador for IU...he loves Bloomington.

Back in the room quite toasty, thanks for the hospitality Hoosiers. Great game tomorrow...but we're gonna have to take this one. You can get a 2-1 back in basketball season.
That trade you're speaking about, that's long been the typical IU trade...it sucks in my book!!

Reactions: IUgradman
One thing important to both Iowans and Indianans. And almost unknown in Illinois or elsewhere in the country. And basically the only reason we should have any sort of rivalry with you or our most hated rivals at Purdue. The pork tenderloin sandwich. What a treat from God. And Iowans and Indianans are the only people who know about it.
Hoosiers

It's an obviously improved version of Indiana football. That is very clear to any critical observer. This version of Iowa football is just very, very deep. And talented.

They play games for a reason.

I was blown away at your tight end stats. Two out of the top 3 receivers on your team are tight ends. I wish IU would utilize our TE's more. Do you guys send them over the middle, flat, in between safeties and LB's???

All of the above and more. Iowa's TE seem to run the entire route tree and both Fant and Hockenson track the ball incredibly well, have good hands (Hockenson has GREAT hands), and both have speed, though Fant is at NFL levels of speed even for premium TEs (sub-4.5 40 at 6'5'' and 240 pounds). Both guys are red zone nightmares which is a big reason why this Iowa team is so much better at converting red zone opportunities into TDs instead of FGs. It's made a HUGE difference. Iowa usually has one really good tight end, but this year we have two future NFL TEs starting and Fant is projected to go in the first round. No shame in getting beat up by them; they torched Ohio State and a lot of other teams this year and last year. But, yeah, they are turning it up a notch the past few games. I don't know how other teams are going to be able to match up the rest of the season. They're just that good.

ADVERTISEMENT