ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa visits to open B10

Eight B1G teams will be opening conference play this weekend, while five teams will continue nonconference play. With our game against Iowa starting at 6 p.m., the temp is expected to be 47 with winds out of the north at around 16 mph.

Reactions: snowling and RBB89
I assume Gordan will pitch tomorrow. Who will get the ball on Sunday? Saalfrank or Sommer maybe Franklin. I hope that Krueger got his stinker game out of his system.
Go Hoosiers!

Great to see them respond after what happened in the top half of the inning. What was annoying about the hit batter and the passed ball that scored a run, is that Milto had two strikes on both batters. Oh well, it all ended well.
I missed the first 3 reaching in the Top of 9th. What happened? Pauly was just cruising...so I didn't think I needed to be riveted. My bad.

B2 - Fineman doubles, Barr walks, FC leaves runners on the corners, K, Richardson singles in a run and IU has runners on the corners, double steal plate another run, Houston walks and Fo ends the inning.
Gordon working for the Hoosiers this sunny afternoon.

After 2:

* * R H E
UI 0 1 0
IU 2 2 0

Go Hoosiers!

3rd: Hawks go 1, 2, 3. Ashley singles, Lloyd walks, FO, Barr walks to fill the sacks, Dunham singles to RF and 2 runs come in, that chases the UI starter, but DP ends the threat.
A good crowd has made it to the Bart; reported to be about 80% full. GBR!

After 3:

* * R H E
UI 0 1 0
IU 4 4 0

Go Hoosiers!

Wow, 13 runs after six innings. Maybe we should save some of these for tomorrow while going for the sweep.

IU adds 4 runs in the 5th (most on Richardson's bases clearing double). Houston drives in 2 more with a triple in the 6th and Gorski brings him in with a single. Gordon is still working and having a very good outing. GBR!

After 6:

* * R H E
UI 0 1 0
IU 13 12 0

Go Hoosiers!

Getting the sweep won't be easy as it seems Iowa saves their best pitcher for the Sunday game in Grant Judkins, at least that's been the case over their last two weekend series. It's a case of their best pitcher going against a team's third pitcher in the rotation. Judkins has an ERA of 1.52 over 29.2 IP. He averages a hair over one strikeout per inning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT