ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet!

I posted this over on the premium side as well. If these facts are true looks like CAM is building a winning foundation. Rome wasn't built in a day, I know you all have heard that before. Yet, the naysayers on here want it right now. Give the man time. Just saying.
Oh FFS his teams play like garbage

He makes Mike Davis look like Bob Knight

How dumb are you people ?

Thanks. I am more of a football follower than a basketball fan, so it's always interesting to see the differences in recruiting approaches. It seems like football players who are pro potential tend to stay for 3-4 years but basketball players will leave college whenever they get the chance, which makes it more difficult to build and sustain a team.
Football players have to stay at least 3 years before they can go to the NFL or they to would also go earlier. I wish they would do the same with college basketball.

Football players have to stay at least 3 years before they can go to the NFL or they to would also go earlier. I wish they would do the same with college basketball.
I am in complete agreement. This way kids can get a degree or come real close instead of what is going on now with the one and done. It's supposed to be college basketball not a stop gap.

I'm inclined to agree with Coopster, but I do appreciate the way you and crazed hoosier responded. Reasoned, civil differences of opinion about the program are a nice change from the hyper-angst and vitriol that usually accompany the responses of those here who want a coaching change. Curious to see how long it will be until the tone of this thread takes a turn off the rails.
He has landed back to back MCD AA I. Romeo and TJD (both 1st rd talent) and has failed to build a quality roster around them. This team lacks a pg, shooting and athletic penetrating wings. Next year class won’t make much of an impact so hopefully he can develop guys in year 4 because I havent seen much player development at all.

He has landed back to back MCD AA I. Romeo and TJD (both 1st rd talent) and has failed to build a quality roster around them. This team lacks a pg, shooting and athletic penetrating wings. Next year class won’t make much of an impact so hopefully he can develop guys in year 4 because I havent seen much player development at all.
I won't try to make the case that Archie has done a bang-up job building this team. Two years in a row he has failed to remedy this team's most glaring weakness - lack of shooters. That's on him. But I don't agree that he hasn't recruited a good core otherwise. Hunter and Phinisee were both highly regarded recruits and we've seen glimpses of how good each can be when they are healthy. Franklin also has shown flashes of becoming a valuable guy. Archie was able to bring in Brunk, who has been a huge boost to this team. Thompson is beginning to demonstrate that he can be a valuable contributor as well. Injuries to these guys have really limited what they've been able to do thus far. That isn't on Archie.

The biggest obstacle to consistent success the last two years has been the limited talent and inconsistent play of upperclassmen. Durham and Smith have major limitations. Davis is a shell of the player he could have been without the injury, and Green is inexplicably schizophrenic. I remain convinced that if we can find a true three-point threat and stay healthy, this team can be a top twenty team next year.

I won't try to make the case that Archie has done a bang-up job building this team. Two years in a row he has failed to remedy this team's most glaring weakness - lack of shooters. That's on him. But I don't agree that he hasn't recruited a good core otherwise. Hunter and Phinisee were both highly regarded recruits and we've seen glimpses of how good each can be when they are healthy. Franklin also has shown flashes of becoming a valuable guy. Archie was able to bring in Brunk, who has been a huge boost to this team. Thompson is beginning to demonstrate that he can be a valuable contributor as well. Injuries to these guys have really limited what they've been able to do thus far. That isn't on Archie.

The biggest obstacle to consistent success the last two years has been the limited talent and inconsistent play of upperclassmen. Durham and Smith have major limitations. Davis is a shell of the player he could have been without the injury, and Green is inexplicably schizophrenic. I remain convinced that if we can find a true three-point threat and stay healthy, this team can be a top twenty team next year.
Need a shooter at the 3 and we need better pg play. Phinnisee is solid but he isn’t a creator on offense at all.

I think they will be a top 25 team, next year. They will have talent and experience. Their defense will keep them from being a top 10 team.

Most likely both. The offense and defense are ranked similar this year. The offense has improved this year, unlike the defense which has regressed.
Right, but I think to beat good teams the offense needs to be rolling. We have 6
Losses where we hovered around or below 60 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT