ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet!

I posted this over on the premium side as well. If these facts are true looks like CAM is building a winning foundation. Rome wasn't built in a day, I know you all have heard that before. Yet, the naysayers on here want it right now. Give the man time. Just saying.

I respect you, so I’m not going to say what I’d really like to say here, just that I disagree and would point out that the book isn’t closed on this season yet.

I posted this over on the premium side as well. If these facts are true looks like CAM is building a winning foundation. Rome wasn't built in a day, I know you all have heard that before. Yet, the naysayers on here want it right now. Give the man time. Just saying.

A day? Coop, we're on the homestretch of year 3. And there's been precious little improvement -- not only year-over-year, but over the course of individual seasons. Sure, our record looks better this year than it did in the two previous bad years. But a huge reason why is because we started with 7 Q3/Q4 cupcakes.

This is not "wanting it right now." People have been plenty patient.

Look, Archie's going to get another year, come what may. So we'll get another year to evaluate things -- and some people here are going to be eating crow. We'll just have to wait to see which group it is.

That said, I still maintain that IU basketball needs more than just a coaching change. Archie's disappointing tenure is yet another symptom of what ails us. So it's not all on him. But I don't think he has what it's going to take to change it.

The strides are not big enough. No way he shouldn’t have a Tourney team in year 3

Reactions: kkott and fpeaugh
\

1. Sure, our record looks better this year than it did in the two previous bad years. But a huge reason why is because we started with 7 Q3/Q4 cupcakes.

2. This is not "wanting it right now." People have been plenty patient.

3. Look, Archie's going to get another year, come what may. So we'll get another year to evaluate things -- and some people here are going to be eating crow. We'll just have to wait to see which group it is.

4. That said, I still maintain that IU basketball needs more than just a coaching change. Archie's disappointing tenure is yet another symptom of what ails us.

5. So it's not all on him. But I don't think he has what it's going to take to change it.

1. Wrong
  2. Wrong
  3. Correct
  4. Dumb
  5. Correct

Reactions: Radio Zero
The strides are not big enough. No way he shouldn’t have a Tourney team in year 3
I'm inclined to agree with Coopster, but I do appreciate the way you and crazed hoosier responded. Reasoned, civil differences of opinion about the program are a nice change from the hyper-angst and vitriol that usually accompany the responses of those here who want a coaching change. Curious to see how long it will be until the tone of this thread takes a turn off the rails.

We didn’t beat any top 25 teams his first year. Not sure where he got his stats from. We didn’t even beat any NCAA teams his first year.

Also, we’re currently 3-3 this year against top 25 teams. If Iowa falls out of the top 25 we will drop to 2-3.

We didn’t beat any top 25 teams his first year. Not sure where he got his stats from. We didn’t even beat any NCAA teams his first year.

Also, we’re currently 3-3 this year against top 25 teams. If Iowa falls out of the top 25 we will drop to 2-3.
It doesn't work that way. Wins and losses against Top 25 teams are registered when the game is played, not where the team is at the end of the season or some other arbitrary time.

It doesn't work that way. Wins and losses against Top 25 teams are registered when the game is played, not where the team is at the end of the season or some other arbitrary time.

That’s exactly how it works. Nobody gives a sh#t about what a team was ranked in November. Also, the tweet was still wrong even if they used that measure (IU was 1-7 his first year).

These are all just BS excuses. The same thing people did for Crean. It’s year 3 and we’re on the verge of missing the tournament for the 3rd straight year. And our recruiting is at a mid major level right now.

Let’s say I go run a 12 minute mile each day for the next week. Then the week after I run 11:55 miles. Then 11:50. It’s improvement but it doesn’t mean I’m going to be an Olympic runner eventually. It just means I started really bad and have barely improved.

These are all just BS excuses. The same thing people did for Crean. It’s year 3 and we’re on the verge of missing the tournament for the 3rd straight year. And our recruiting is at a mid major level right now.

Let’s say I go run a 12 minute mile each day for the next week. Then the week after I run 11:55 miles. Then 11:50. It’s improvement but it doesn’t mean I’m going to be an Olympic runner eventually. It just means I started really bad and have barely improved.
Let's say that you were the newly hired coach three years ago. What would you have done to rebuild the IU b-ball program?

dumb Twin dumb

Nope. Because nobody cares what a team is ranked when you DON'T play them. It only matters how good they are when you DO play them.

I’ll try it this way.

Scenario 1: IU beats the the number 1, 2, 3, 4 teams in November. Come March all 4 teams miss the NCAA tourney.

Scenario 2: IU beats 4 unranked teams in November. However, all 4 of those teams make the Final Four.

You’re arguing scenario 1 is more important. Doesn’t that seem silly? It’s clear that IU would have beaten better teams in scenario 2. The point of the tweet was to show IU was doing better against better teams.

Your positivity will not go unpunished!!

Piss off MF! What the hell do you think you’re doing? Get the F outta here with facts!

I like what you post on here. And when I say I like it, what I mean is I’m gonna give every one of your contributions a thumbs up - EVEN IF T.M.P. AND fpeaugh BOTH deem any given one “dumb.”
Haha. I blocked fpeaugh a long time ago. He just trolls for attention. TMP is alright. Don’t always agree, but I have no issue with conflict. I just have issues with complete idiocy (****peaugh)

Haha. I blocked fpeaugh a long time ago. He just trolls for attention. TMP is alright. Don’t always agree, but I have no issue with conflict. I just have issues with complete idiocy (****peaugh)
I don’t think that just because a person is in disagreement with oneself that the person is “dumb.”

How do your think that would have translated to JUCOs vs. high school seniors?
The best coaches get mostly HS kids. Archie has tried to land the top kids just most of them don’t want to play for him. Only two have.

It was actually a sweet response from him. He usually calls me a b#%ch. I guess he is trying to show me his softer side on Valentines Day.
It’s the imputation of irrationality that cuts so deeply, though. For example, I call Birnk a “bitch” all the time, but I try desperately to avoid calling into question his rational and rhetorical faculties.

Uphold forum integrity!

EDIT. Misspelled “that.”

The best coaches get mostly HS kids. Archie has tried to land the top kids just most of them don’t want to play for him. Only two have.
Thanks. I am more of a football follower than a basketball fan, so it's always interesting to see the differences in recruiting approaches. It seems like football players who are pro potential tend to stay for 3-4 years but basketball players will leave college whenever they get the chance, which makes it more difficult to build and sustain a team.

ADVERTISEMENT