ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting SI ranking of IUFB

Has WI a lot lower than I’d think and Purdue a lot higher than I’d think. But like where he has IU, seems fairly accurate at #5. (I’d flip WI & PU and could agree with his rankings.)

Reactions: red hornet
Has WI a lot lower than I’d think and Purdue a lot higher than I’d think. But like where he has IU, seems fairly accurate at #5. (I’d flip WI & PU and could agree with his rankings.)
Not sure what exactly you mean by he has WI lower and Purdue higher and you’d be happy if he flipped them. It’s not an opinion piece or projection, the teams aren’t able to be moved. It’s a collaboration of data on recruiting rankings as well as adjusting the rankings for player effectiveness (I.e. they played to their expectations they stay, above expectations they raise, below expectations they drop). This isn’t a projected final BIG standings or anything like that.

Not sure what exactly you mean by he has WI lower and Purdue higher. It’s not an opinion piece. It’s a collaboration of data on recruiting rankings as well as adjusting the rankings for player effectiveness (I.e. they played to their expectations they stay, above expectations they raise, below expectations they drop). This isn’t a projected final BIG standings or anything like that.

I get it’s a data analysis but do think it’s then a predicted. I think those PU “expectations” are higher than should be. That’s my gut, not a computer algorithm. I could be wrong but still think PU will have some issues on OL, maybe QB and overall defense.

One of the reason I posted this was to get conversations going despite the author not really being a college analysis but a Michigan guy trying to rate the 2020 season.

One issue I see is the evaluation doesn't seem to account for teams that lost a lot of talent being able to replace them with a lot of talent ie LSU ranked below IU. It is a interesting look at the 2020 season if his numbers can be verified.

The way I read it they are talking returning production. They even said it doesn't account for new players (freshman, transfers). Nothing to get too excited or bent about as it is not a top 25 ranking or where teams will end up. It's a good thing no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT