ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting read about Trump being a cult leader

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001
It's a long article but I have listed some of the highlights. So maybe TDS is a real thing after all.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/ex...nd-control-cult-is-facing-its-biggest-crisis/

Hassan warned early on that Trump’s followers were effectively cult members and would not be swayed from supporting their leader for any reason. With the coronavirus pandemic, Trump’s power over his followers is on full display, as he and his spokespeople are now suggesting that older and other vulnerable Americans should be willing to risk their lives in order to “save the economy” — and of course to aid Trump’s victory in the 2020 presidential election.

Hassan also warns that Trump’s followers are capable of committing acts of great violence against their fellow Americans, should their leader command it.

You can also listen to my conversation with Steven Hassan on my podcast “The Truth Report” or through the player embedded below.

As usual, this conversation has been edited for clarity and length.

How does Donald Trump fit the profile of a cult leader?

Donald Trump fits the stereotypical profile of all destructive cults. These traits include malignant narcissism. Trump can easily be compared to Jim Jones, Sun Myung Moon, and other cult leaders. Trump always had a cult of personality around him in terms of his businesses and his social interactions with people. But once Trump attained the presidency, he took over the Republican Party and instituted a fiefdom where he rewards loyalty and punishes anyone who displeases him.

As for definitions, a “destructive cult” is an authoritarian pyramid-structured group with someone at the top who claims to know all things and says God is working through him or her. Trump does that as well. Donald Trump is also trying to control people’s behavior, the information they have access to, and their thoughts and emotions, to make them dependent and obedient and under his control. Consider the novel coronavirus pandemic and how Trump has all these followers who do not trust real experts and only take what Trump says to be true. Trump’s followers also don’t believe in science and medicine.

Do members of cults know that the leader is lying but convince themselves it does not matter? Or have the cult members totally lost the ability to think rationally?

Unfortunately, when a person is in a mind control group, critical thinking does not take place. Thinking in a cult does not depend on independent verifiable data. Information about the world — empirical reality — goes through a filtering system where the default is to support the cult identity and the cult leader and what they tell you to believe. The way to escape a mind control cult’s power and influence is for a person to find a way to access who they were before they got involved in the cult. A person in that situation needs to separate themselves from the ongoing indoctrination.

39tids.jpg

Reactions: meridian
About two years ago, I confronted a Trumpflake on my facebook who posted links that were both fake in Trump's accomplishments (or basic historical facts) and fake in current events regarding Democratic politicians (or anyone who opposed Trump). After several weeks of saying, "This is fake. Here's a link to show you..." They replied and said they didn't care. They essentially only posted in defense of Trump and to, yes, own the libs. And they're still doing the same and believe all of the Deep State and MSM bullshat. In other words, they're delusional and there are several others on my facebook just like this - most from rural Indiana.

My second encounter was in Colorado at a public place where this group was trying to impeach the governor and other Dem elected officials. I walked up to ask why they wanted the Governor impeached and they claimed something that was in line with Trump did. I said, "So, you believe Trump should be impeached for this as well, right?"... Then they flipped out and said I was only there to cause trouble. It's absolutely insane and scary.

I pretty sure we're seeing this in this forum as well. Some people are feeling some sort of acceptance and reinforcement, then clinging on to it. Absolutely delusional.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT