ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting (depressing, as well) Ohio stat.

I’m afraid you’re the one who lives in a bubble. You aren’t on twitter, are you? You’ve had this discussion before where you don’t think masks are political. Of course not al, but many many are. You’re beyond naive if you don’t accept that.
I think masks are political for a small fraction of people. I think far less people pay attention to politics than you believe, and aren’t wearing masks for a host of reasons that have nothing to do with politics. I think you live in a bubble. You post like a women’s studies prof in Bloomington.

I think masks are political for a small fraction of people. I think far less people pay attention to politics than you believe, and aren’t wearing masks for a host of reasons that have nothing to do with politics. I think you live in a bubble. You post like a women’s studies prof in Bloomington.
Lol is that supposed to be an insult? You post like someone who doesn’t understand what’s going on outside your little bubble. Like I said, you don’t have twitter, do you? Expand your horizons. You did read the article about the culture wars right? You think it’s just a coincidence that every single liberal on here wears a mask and the ones who do not just happen to be Trumpsters? It’s a microcosm of the country. But sure, it’s just a coincidence. Sure thing.

Lol is that supposed to be an insult? You post like someone who doesn’t understand what’s going on outside your little bubble. Like I said, you don’t have twitter, do you? Expand your horizons. You did read the article about the culture wars right? You think it’s just a coincidence that every single liberal on here wears a mask and the ones who do not just happen to be Trumpsters? It’s a microcosm of the country. But sure, it’s just a coincidence. Sure thing.

snail trails every time you type that word no
Doubt

I think you’re living in a bubble going to farmer’s markets following politics and don’t have a clue about how people live. I could be downtown in the most dangerous city in America in ten minutes and see zero masks. Zero. And it doesn’t have a darn thing to do with trump.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I think you’re living in a bubble going to farmer’s markets following politics and don’t have a clue about how people live. I could be downtown in the most dangerous city in America in ten minutes and see zero masks. Zero. And it doesn’t have a darn thing to do with trump.

good point, had to go downtown Indy the other day. Virtually none of the blacks had masks, those trump votes?

trump seems to have used the Dennis system perfectly on her

in my experience with women being obsessed with loving me or hating me, they were still obsessed and the end result was ALWAYS the same

What is the "Dennis system"? Just curious...

This is comical

Reactions: StelioKantos
Lmao you and your dumb articles. Go outside to a city. Walk around. Go to a Walmart in a bigger city. Go to the black neighborhoods in a city. You live in a bubble. And post like a gender studies prof at Iu. It’s a privilege to be so concerned about trump. Posting articles from intelligencer....
She better not go when it's raining. She would drown

Reactions: mcmurtry66
She better not go when it's raining. She would drown
It's like the law school profs i had at IU. Great people. Smart people. spent 30 years in academia and wouldn't have the foggiest clue how to practice law. the practice of law had zero to do with what they taught, and bore zero relation to their moot courtroom in bloomington.

It's like the law school profs i had at IU. Great people. Smart people. spent 30 years in academia and wouldn't have the foggiest clue how to practice law. the practice of law had zero to do with what they taught, and bore zero relation to their moot courtroom in bloomington.
My profession is the same. The majority of profs live in a theoretical world.

Yup. at least a third of the judges here used to be cops and fireman. they went to law school at night that was focused solely on passing the bar. they couldn't give two shits about the theoretical/policy stuff we learned at bloomington.

I'm probably full of shit, but (aside from the nursing home concerns) I've come to the conclusion that it's come full circle and is all about the masks. That's the single most effective measure we can take. Distancing and hand washing and surface cleaning and all that is fine and dandy, but if people aren't masked up then we're kidding ourselves. No amount of hand washing is going to help me if some unmasked asymptomatic assclown coughs in my direction from close range.
You may be right, but you can still kill the virus with soap and water if you hurry. Wear a nylon-type jacket to the store and zip it to your chin when you run errands, plus wear a mask. Open doors with your jacket sleeve. Keep your errand jacket in the garage for a couple days after you get back from Kroger's or wherever.

What I'm relying on are the articles that say the virus lives only three days/72 hours on plastic and metal surfaces at room temperature and even less on paper, cardboard and fabric. So, No. 1, you can leave many things you buy in the garage for a couple days and win. No. 2, don't forget that simple soap (available since 2800 B.C.) and water will kill the virus. Wipe off plastic bottles of vitamins, ketchup and similar packages in plastic wrap with soap and water.

I really feel I'm being cheated by not being able to watch that microscopic virus die in my garage.

I think masks are political for a small fraction of people. I think far less people pay attention to politics than you believe, and aren’t wearing masks for a host of reasons that have nothing to do with politics.
Then there are the selfish, self-centered, ignorant bastards who just don't wanna wear them, and justify that with political arguments. "I have a Constitutional Right!"

It reminds me of that great scene in back to school (i think that's what it's called) when rodney dangerfield is in class talking about who he needs to grease etc. then when the prof asks now where we should build our company dangerfield goes "how about fantasyland."

Good Lord you must live in a bubble. Out of 100 people going into speedway I bet less than 5 have paid any attn to what trump or any president has said...ever. They aren’t reading the paper or watching briefings. They’re watching honey boob boo. Your farmer’s market is a whole different demo. Apples to oranges, and nothing to do with trump.
Wow. "They aren't reading the paper," seriously? You blew your credibility with that reference to the 1950's Daily Planet and the other ancient reference to honey boo boo.

When we've all seen all those people recently surround and attack small town reporters screaming "fake news," and claiming COVID-19 is a hoax and that the economy must be opened RIGHT NOW (Just like Trump and Pence claim) it's apparent they are parroting Trump. It's silly to suggest otherwise.

i only wish there was more evidence they were parroting Rudolph Giuliani so even you could see how ridiculous the Trump administration has become.

Wow. "They aren't reading the paper," seriously? You blew your credibility with that reference to the 1950's Daily Planet and the other ancient reference to honey boo boo.

When we've all seen all those people recently surround and attack small town reporters screaming "fake news," and claiming COVID-19 is a hoax and that the economy must be opened RIGHT NOW (Just like Trump and Pence claim) it's apparent they are parroting Trump. It's silly to suggest otherwise.

i only wish there was more evidence they were parroting Rudolph Giuliani so even you could see how ridiculous the Trump administration has become.
"All those people" attacking "small town reporters...." how many people do you think live in a small town? a small amount?

What about morons who don't wash their hands? How do we recognize them in traffic?

You mean like the one on the right, that hasn't washed his hands in 10 yrs, because "germs aren't real"? Btw, the moron on the left wanted to make the hygiene challenged moron Head of the VA until ACTUAL veterans shut that idea down...

Pete-Hegseth-e1544504668770.jpg

"All those people" attacking "small town reporters...." how many people do you think live in a small town? a small amount?
You're the one that generalized about a small amount of people (100) going into a gas station and then extrapolated your biases to the general population. Don't blame me if you don't like your own methodology.

You're the one that generalized about a small amount of people (100) going into a gas station and then extrapolated your biases to the general population. Don't blame me if you don't like your own methodology.
I said that as a sample. I stand by my claim that the lion’s share of folks who aren’t wearing masks aren’t doing so to make a political statement - like the 3,000 people at a block party in Fla.

Great Clips?

"A hair stylist in Springfield, Missouri, exposed as many as 91 people to coronavirus after working at a salon for eight days while symptomatic, health officials said Friday.

The exposed include 84 Great Clips customers and, potentially, seven coworkers, said Clay Goddard, director of the Springfield-Greene County Health Department. The condition of the stylist, who was not identified, was not revealed.

So far, no other positive case connected to the stylist has been confirmed, but the county is nonetheless facing "a glut of cases," Goddard said.

Those exposed at the salon would be offered tests.

"The good news is both the clients and the hairstylists were masked" at the time of exposure, he said.

Goddard said at a news conference Friday that more cases like this would quickly strain Springfield's ability to care for patients.

"The hair stylist worked while sick," he said. "I’m gong to be honest with you: We can’t have many more of these."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hair-stylist-exposed-84-people-022258253.html

Both the stylists and clientele at Great Clips are generally younger, so this will definitely be an interesting situation to follow. For one thing it will show us where "contact tracing" is in terms of effectiveness in the Springfield,MO area. Also I seem to remember that MO has been fairly lax from the start on lockdown issues, so the fact that the stylist originally contracted the disease when visiting another part of the state is troubling in terms of transmission potential...

The use of masks (unlike MI and NY cases) is encouraging, but 8 days with a lot of symptoms present is scary. They said they sanitized the building and it's now safe to go back, but my guess is that business location is going to lose customers at an untenable rate, and could even face legal problems once the inevitable case is discovered.

Even victims who recover are faced with a mountain of medical debt. I think the owner of that particular "Great Clips" location is about to face a nightmare- financially and emotionally... All because of ONE person's wanton disregard of the safety of themselves and others...

Just an addendum to the Great Clips in Missouri. They've now had a 2nd stylist test positive,and he/she worked 6 days and exposed another 50 or so people to the virus. It's very disturbing that while supposedly all the stylists and patrons were masked, somehow out of a staff of probably 10 or so stylists 2 have now tested positive.

Also, the first stylist who was actually experiencing symptoms is known to have also visited Dairy Queen, Walmart, and a fitness center. This is beginning to sound eerily similar to the 30 something in S Korea who visited 5 nightclubs in one night and exposed close to 100 people...

https://www.wthr.com/article/hairst...-coronavirus-140-clients-missouri-great-clips

Three times I’ve asked you and three times you didn’t answer. Get on twitter and read some stories. Here’s one. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1213801 A GOP Governor has to beg people to stop shaming those wearing masks. Who is in a bubble again?
Why do you ignore the young black population not wearing masks? The house parties in Chicago? The 3,000 people block parties? The ones that Biden just expects to vote democrat? Because it doesn’t comport with the sorority house/twitter I hate trump bubble you live in? You know blacks are dying at a far higher rate than whites? Are they catching it from maga protestors?

Out of 1,781 corona virus-related deaths through Wednesday, 1,183 have been in long-term care facilities. That's 66.4%.

Not sure where other states stand, but I would wager that the numbers are also well out of proportion to each state's population. Given the age, poor health and the packing in of the residents it's not surprising these numbers are skewed.

Now, throw in that several Ohio prisons were hotspots, one has to wonder about why our efforts haven't been as proportional.

Opening churches "early" seems to be a potential problem given that the average age of the parishioners is higher than the general population and folks are more tightly packed.

An interesting dilemma is unfolding in nursing home facilities resulting from the shut down of nursing homes.

Prior to screening, only 5 of the 42 residents participated in therapy services; however, following a two-week isolation period, that number rose to 24 residents requiring one or more therapy disciplines. Each resident was screened by physical, occupational and speech therapists to assess potential risks from isolation such as decreased mobility and behavioral changes, trends found during a two-week period of strict isolation and functional impact due to COVID-19.

https://www.rehabcare.com/rehabcare...-impact-of-covid-19-in-therapy-during-webinar

That is going to be a massive increase in pent up need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT