ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comments from Purdue AD Morgan Burke today

Re: Silly...

The only way you will sell out the Bucket game at IU is to sell beer in the stadium and give it free to anyone with a student ID.

Re: There wasn't much atmosphere Saturday.....

If they would do away with one bye week, they could play it the last game before Thanksgiving. Maybe, students, however, will have left campus already.

Lucas Oil is a GREAT atmosphere for a college or NFL game

I have gone to every one of the B1G Ten Championship games in Lucas Oil....even in the 2nd game (Nebraska v Wisconsin) that was a blowout, that atmosphere was 10 times greater than in Memorial or Ross-Ade. People should not say what it is like in there when they have never attended a college game there...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Agreed, if the joint is 1/3 full it's embarrassing to both schools.

It isn't like either campus is long drive from Indy.

Well gee, a BB Final Four has atmosphere, too. Any championship game does.

We're talking about a regular season game between 2 teams traditionally playing for the bottom of the barrell (pun intended).

Re: Lucas Oil is a GREAT atmosphere for a college or NFL game

I've been to the Penn State game in the RCA dome and the Ball State game in LOS. Sucked.

Originally posted by hoosierbugs:

Every time IU considers a neutral site game, the B town businesses gripe because it takes away from their revenue opportunity....

Sometimes, you just can't win...

Football weekends at restaurants are biggest of the year. From the son of a former Btown restaurant owner I totally side with the businesses that this would affect big time! Keep it alternating sites. If PUke wants to move the game to Lucas Oil as their home game-go for it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT