ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Bilas article (link). Top 65, officiating, etc

.Gerdis

All-Big Ten
Dec 10, 2003
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ollege-basketball-rankings-2019-20-version-20

interesting read;
-No great teams in college basketball
-Talent is down across the board
-Officials are better than ever, but officiating sucks and is a real problem for the sport*

*maybe 10 years ago I was speaking to a former all B10 basketball player from the 60s. He also played in the NFL and was an author. He mentioned that he couldn’t even watch college basketball anymore, that it had become wrestling. This seems to be particularly an issue in our conference.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ollege-basketball-rankings-2019-20-version-20

interesting read;
-Officials are better than ever, but officiating sucks and is a real problem for the sport*

*maybe 10 years ago I was speaking to a former all B10 basketball player from the 60s. He also played in the NFL and was an author. He mentioned that he couldn’t even watch college basketball anymore, that it had become wrestling. This seems to be particularly an issue in our conference.
If someone would just pay attention to the three-second lane and start calling it when someone is in there for five seconds, the game would improve immensely.

interesting read;

The Wisconsin method of fouling but not getting a foul called has gotten out of hand. They literally fouled every possession against OSU. It seems like they started cracking down for a while a few years ago and now the refs are allowing the wrestling match in the lane.

The Wisconsin method of fouling but not getting a foul called has gotten out of hand. They literally fouled every possession against OSU. It seems like they started cracking down for a while a few years ago and now the refs are allowing the wrestling match in the lane.
I think they let them play. Wesson was brutal. High elbows, screens were criminal. Most were not called. Holtmann was outcoached big time. His whining was ridiculous. Another athletic team that relies on their length rather than moving their feet. His players were constantly out of position and were handsy as any Purdue team I can think of.

I think they let them play. Wesson was brutal. High elbows, screens were criminal. Most were not called. Holtmann was outcoached big time. His whining was ridiculous. Another athletic team that relies on their length rather than moving their feet. His players were constantly out of position and were handsy as any Purdue team I can think of.

I absolutely hate watching games like that one. Gene Keady would love it.

ADVERTISEMENT