ADVERTISEMENT

Instructive Covid Graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Covid response, not just from China, but from around the globe seems quieter now than what it should be, given that “we’re all in this together”. I’ve often wondered if the government knows more than what they’re letting on. Something just doesn’t seem right with everyone just so uptight.
247 news cycles...people get bored hearing the same news over and over. The numbers in Brazil and India are skyrocketing.

I agree because there are people who are asymptomatic. I've never known anyone who had the flu and they said, "I didn't know I had the flu".
bingo. I love when people say they had 'a touch of the flu'. I've Influenza A and B both in the past couple yrs. When you HAVE the flu...you F'n know it. There is no grey area. Hits you like a ton of bricks.

Anybody who thinks trump was a shoe-in was wishfully thinking (foolish wishes, but wishes). Compared to the perfect storm that put him in office rather than a qualified person, Covid's only one thing. And he had a chance to deal with it well but he blew that trying to talk the stock market into not imploding and pretending it's nothing to worry about. Funny how the stock market saw the truth so much better than the Fox-watchers. Trump has one thing in mind: being elected president. Lying's a big part of that. Some of you seem to be believing him; I'd like to think most of those didn't graduate from IU.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Anybody who thinks trump was a shoe-in was wishfully thinking (foolish wishes, but wishes). Compared to the perfect storm that put him in office rather than a qualified person, Covid's only one thing. And he had a chance to deal with it well but he blew that trying to talk the stock market into not imploding and pretending it's nothing to worry about. Funny how the stock market saw the truth so much better than the Fox-watchers. Trump has one thing in mind: being elected president. Lying's a big part of that. Some of you seem to be believing him; I'd like to think most of those didn't graduate from IU.
Speaking of a qualified person, has anyone seen Joe? Shouldn’t we be hearing more by now from a man of such charisma?

Some facts from https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/19/faster-response-prevented-most-us-covid-19-deaths/

"In contrast, President Trump consistently ignored confidential and public early warnings from experts and intelligence agencies prior to the 15th confirmed U.S. case on Feb. 14, then acted far more slowly and inconsistently than South Korea. The White House banned flights from China on Feb. 2 but later permitted more than 40,000 travelers from China to enter the U.S. From February through April, President Trump made dismissive and contradictory statements to which government agencies and the public paid close attention."

and

"Due to exponential viral spread, our delay in action was devastating. In the wake of the U.S. response, 117,858 Americans died in the four months following the first 15 confirmed cases. After an equivalent period, Germany suffered only 8,863 casualties. Scaling up the German population of 83.7 million to America’s 331 million, a U.S.-sized Germany would have suffered 35,049 Covid-19 deaths. So if the U.S. had acted as effectively as Germany, 70% of U.S. coronavirus deaths might have been prevented."

The whole Covid response, not just from China, but from around the globe seems quieter now than what it should be, given that “we’re all in this together”. I’ve often wondered if the government knows more than what they’re letting on. Something just doesn’t seem right with everyone just so uptight.

they do know more than they're letting on.

as of 6/17/2020, per CDC, (which tends to run a little delayed),

under 25 yrs old, 151 covid deaths total in US to date.

25 - 34 yrs old, 699 deaths total

35-44 yrs, 1,780 total

45-54 yrs, 4,976 total

55-64 yrs, 12,307 total

65-74 yrs, 21,462 total

75-84 yrs, 27,529 total

85 yrs plus in age, 34,435 total

so under 45 yrs old, 2,630 US covid deaths total to date.

45 and over, 100,709 deaths.

under 25, you're virtually immune. (about 62 killed and 300 injured by lightning each yr in US).

under 35, you're 10 times more likely to be murdered.

under 45, you're 5 times more likely to be murdered.

with 3 cable news channels doing covid coverage for months now, have you every heard any, or any other tv channel or MSM outlet, break down the deaths by age group, regardless of the vast differences.

to not have a national covid strategy that reflects the vast difference in how age groups are affected, is beyond insane.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Reactions: Paterfamilias

Speaking of a qualified person, has anyone seen Joe? Shouldn’t we be hearing more by now from a man of such charisma?
I don't find Joe especially charismatic but charismatic clearly doesn't equal presidential. Joe cares and will try hard to do a good job. Despite Republicans trying to paint him as another trump, he's a good man. Let's hope people realize it's time for a good man.

I don't find Joe especially charismatic but charismatic clearly doesn't equal presidential. Joe cares and will try hard to do a good job. Despite Republicans trying to paint him as another trump, he's a good man. Let's hope people realize it's time for a good man.
Please let us know who that person is, but it sure isn't Biden. A "good man", nice try.

And here we go. It took over 24 hours but we finally got to the real point of your post. So, yeah. Wrong board.

I'd vote for a turnip and potato over Biden or Trump.
Well, yea. The potato is younger than one and far smarter than the other.

I wonder which if the two will delegate effectively like an executive leader should? Like, I doubt either would send their unqualified son in law to solve Covid by emailing friends, or send a daughter to a diplomatic function, right?

That would just be beyond incompetent..

So the turnip is the answer.
Yes, but it's not running.

Go for the smarter of the two potatoes even though a choice between two potatoes is still a choice for potatoes, the smarter potato will, you know, be smarter. And always remember "if we don't test for vegetables, there will be less vegetables."

Well if your diabetic and 2 bad choices in the potato exist then the turnip is still the right answer.

There will be a college basketball season.
It may not have fans in the stands, but the teams will likely play.

they do know more than they're letting on.

as of 6/17/2020, per CDC, (which tends to run a little delayed),

under 25 yrs old, 151 covid deaths total in US to date.

25 - 34 yrs old, 699 deaths total

35-44 yrs, 1,780 total

45-54 yrs, 4,976 total

55-64 yrs, 12,307 total

65-74 yrs, 21,462 total

75-84 yrs, 27,529 total

85 yrs plus in age, 34,435 total

so under 45 yrs old, 2,630 US covid deaths total to date.

45 and over, 100,709 deaths.

under 25, you're virtually immune. (about 62 killed and 300 injured by lightning each yr in US).

under 35, you're 10 times more likely to be murdered.

under 45, you're 5 times more likely to be murdered.

with 3 cable news channels doing covid coverage for months now, have you every heard any, or any other tv channel or MSM outlet, break down the deaths by age group, regardless of the vast differences.

to not have a national covid strategy that reflects the vast difference in how age groups are affected, is beyond insane.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Almost every tracking web site...and there are several breaks it all down by age. Relying on CNN, MSNBC or FOX for your information is dangerous at best. You can see the results of this problem all over The Water Cooler.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
Well, yea. The potato is younger than one and far smarter than the other.

I wonder which if the two will delegate effectively like an executive leader should? Like, I doubt either would send their unqualified son in law to solve Covid by emailing friends, or send a daughter to a diplomatic function, right?

That would just be beyond incompetent..
or set his son up on the advisor board of a shady Ukrainian energy company, even though his son knows nothing about natural gas, or Ukraine. And yet get paid like he's the world's leading expert. Then hop aboard AF2 and help his son secure a $1.5B loan from a Chinese bank for his son's 'investment firm'. See, we can go on and on all day. Unfortunately the last several presidential elections have left us trying to pick the least common denominator.

There will be a college basketball season.
It may not have fans in the stands, but the teams will likely play.
I could see a touchless IR Temp check of every fan entering AH, if you are running a temperature you are denied entry. And wear masks. With a posted health checklist for every fan to do a self health assessment before entering the building. Exactly what I have to do every day before entering the building to work on my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT