ADVERTISEMENT

Insider: Juwan Morgan's return means raised expectations for IU basketball

I
What does JM mean by “senior citizen flow”?
It means Morgan is grouping himself among the senior citizens (by college basketball standards). If I'm wrong, who cares, because I'm still a very big Juwan fan.

I still think Davis' recovery remains of vital importance. Davis' ability to back down an opponent but then pass to someone either outside for a jumpshot or to another inside player like Juwan for a layup is crazily-important and crazily-obvious. Davis is a good passer (as well as many other things). Don't sell him short.

Guys, we didn't have enough outside shooters last year. It may well be different this time. Several players may be able to develop an outside shot. At this time, we don't know, but I'm cheering for Davis' complete recovery for his sake as well as IU's success.

Go Hoosiers. Go Us.

I

It means Morgan is grouping himself among the senior citizens (by college basketball standards). If I'm wrong, who cares, because I'm still a very big Juwan fan.

I still think Davis' recovery remains of vital importance. Davis' ability to back down an opponent but then pass to someone either outside for a jumpshot or to another inside player like Juwan for a layup is crazily-important and crazily-obvious. Davis is a good passer (as well as many other things). Don't sell him short.

Guys, we didn't have enough outside shooters last year. It may well be different this time. Several players may be able to develop an outside shot. At this time, we don't know, but I'm cheering for Davis' complete recovery for his sake as well as IU's success.

Go Hoosiers. Go Us.

Isn't Davis like 6 months older than Morgan even though he's a class behind?

This is a strong incoming IU Freshman class. New guards, depth and shooting on the wing, new post players and rim protectors. Phinesee and Romeo guard tandem could be special.

Reactions: Sassy61
I just don't have a good feeling about Davis productivity this season. He won't be basketball ready till fall, he's going to have a lot of catching up to do in a short period of time.

I just don't have a good feeling about Davis productivity this season. He won't be basketball ready till fall, he's going to have a lot of catching up to do in a short period of time.

Davis had limited effectiveness before he got hurt.

I see him getting two fouls in the first eight or nine minutes of a game and then sitting the rest of the first half. In the first couple minutes of the second half he will likely pick up his third foul and then get another long breather. With eight minutes to go in the game he will pick up his fourth foul and again take a seat. And when the game is over he will have logged less than 15 minutes.

He was certainly foul prone before he got hurt and the surgery will only make things worse.

I certainly hope I am wrong but see the center position being another committee effort next season.

Reactions: Lucy01
I see Freshmen stepping up at every position in luding the Center position. Jake Forrester and Race Thompson could be better than they are ranked in HS. I think Jake's length and active body could make him a good rebounder and rim protector. I think Race has ruggedstrength and a good shooting touch. should complement each other well.

Exactly my thinking 82. I think he will again struggle with foul trouble, maybe even more so coming off injury.
Hope I'm wrong though.

The good thing is we only need him for about 15 mins a game this year right? Last year we were counting on him to be option 2 or 3 at the start of the year, but next year that will not be the case. If he can give us 15 minutes, and 8 points a night while drawing as many fouls as he commits I think that will be enough. He will be used as a change of pace guy, can see a lot slower tempo being played when DD is on the floor than when he is out as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT