ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries....

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
My wife asked me and somehow caught her know-it-all husband flat-footed.

I've not read anything to the contrary...I'm assuming we're getting most of the dinged-up kids back for the bowl (obviously not Cronk or Penix)...but the active players....

I've not read anything to the contrary...I'm assuming we're getting most of the dinged-up kids back for the bowl (obviously not Cronk or Penix)...but the active players....

I did hear CTA say last week that Stevie Scott's return is questionable.

Typically with the bowl it hasn't been the injuries that have hurt us. It's been the players sitting out of the game to prepare for the NFL draft....

Reactions: vesuvius13
Typically with the bowl it hasn't been the injuries that have hurt us. It's been the players sitting out of the game to prepare for the NFL draft....

I do not remember this...which Hoosier sat out a bowl?

(I've heard of some cases from other teams.)

Another question--Is the team practicing now? If not, when do they start?

Scott has a lower leg injury. Possibly a knee was mentioned but I don't believe it was a tear. Maybe some kind of deep contusion. The kid took a pretty major hit during the Michigan game to the side of his leg by somebody's helmet.

Here's what I don't understand...how could Scott be questionable for a game two days after Thanksgiving and questionable for a game the day after New Year's Day? Clearly, he was out for the Bucket game. Why not be honest? Questionable is questionable and part of the game, but deeming players with injuries that will have them out for the season as questionable seems really dumb. Were we that worried about Purdue knowing James was going to play?

Here is why it matters: When Ramsey came out for the first series against Ohio State, it let the air out of the stadium. It was a gut punch. Clearly, they would have beaten us either way, but fan energy can be the difference in a 50/50 game.

Last edited:
Questionable doesn't sound promising at all for Stevie! I think he is a difference maker and would give the offense a psychological bump. Even if he is healthy enough to play, will that be good enough? Can Sampson have a repeat performance? Would love to see Stevie on the field Jan 2!

Questionable doesn't sound promising at all for Stevie! I think he is a difference maker and would give the offense a psychological bump. Even if he is healthy enough to play, will that be good enough? Can Sampson have a repeat performance? Would love to see Stevie on the field Jan 2!

Agreed...he would be a big plus. I'm sure Stevie would love to showcase his abilities to a national audience during a bowl and help lead us to a victory. We should know something before Christmas. #LEO

Here's what I don't understand...how could Scott be questionable for a game two days after Thanksgiving and questionable for a game the day after New Year's Day? Clearly, he was out for the Bucket game. Why not be honest? Questionable is questionable and part of the game, but deeming players with injuries that will have them out for the season as questionable seems really dumb. Were we that worried about Purdue knowing James was going to play?

Here is why it matters: When Ramsey came out for the first series against Ohio State, it let the air out of the stadium. It was a gut punch. Clearly, they would have beaten us either way, but fan energy can be the difference in a 50/50 game.
Questionable means just that, questionable . Trust me no one is trying to play games here or toy with your emotions somehow. Injuries can sometimes clear up quickly or linger, they just don’t know until medical staff gives clearance. This isn’t unusual, if you follow the NFL at all, Jordan Howard is going on his 5th week where they deem him “”questionable”. He has practiced in a limited fashion, but has not been cleared for contact yet, Pederson says every week, we don’t know for sure when we’ll get him back.
When Penix was hurt the second time, the announcement was made , he is out for the year including the bowl game. They always announce when a player is done for the year, IF they know that to be true.
Lastly, what CTA actually said about Stevie Scott is that he is “optimistic “ that Stevie will be available, but he had to wait until they started practicing to see how it goes.

Questionable means just that, questionable . Trust me no one is trying to play games here or toy with your emotions somehow. Injuries can sometimes clear up quickly or linger, they just don’t know until medical staff gives clearance. This isn’t unusual, if you follow the NFL at all, Jordan Howard is going on his 5th week where they deem him “”questionable”. He has practiced in a limited fashion, but has not been cleared for contact yet, Pederson says every week, we don’t know for sure when we’ll get him back.
When Penix was hurt the second time, the announcement was made , he is out for the year including the bowl game. They always announce when a player is done for the year, IF they know that to be true.
Lastly, what CTA actually said about Stevie Scott is that he is “optimistic “ that Stevie will be available, but he had to wait until they started practicing to see how it goes.
I disagree. I think they are playing games and its smoke and mirrors. To be honest I like it! The opposition has to prepare for both players. Now its more difficult to prepare for two different QBs then two different running backs, but Purdue (and now Tennessee) have to watch tape on both guys.

I disagree. I think they are playing games and its smoke and mirrors. To be honest I like it! The opposition has to prepare for both players. Now its more difficult to prepare for two different QBs then two different running backs, but Purdue (and now Tennessee) have to watch tape on both guys.
You can disagree all you want, but you wouldn’t be correct.

Trust me Tennessee is going to watch every game IU played this season and we are going to do the same.

Reactions: JWilk1234
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT