ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana's Most Important Newcomer For 2020

red hornet

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
By Fansided.

DE Jovan Swann

Indiana was not that easy to figure out. They return a lot of talent from last season's 8 win team. Some changes are coming to Bloomington, however. Last year's starting QB Peyton Ramsey has decided to transfer, making room for highly touted QB Michael Penix Jr. to takeover. Penix will have talented receivers in Ty Fryfogle & Whop Philyor to throw to. Stevie Scott also returns at RB as well as possibly talented Peyton Hendershot at TE.

What fell apart for Indiana last season down the stretch was the defense. The Hoosiers gave up over 30 points in 4 of their last 6 games. Jovan Swann offers depth along the defensive line as well as leadership from a winning program. Deciding to come back home & play for the Hoosiers might benefit Indiana as much as Swann.

By Fansided.

DE Jovan Swann

Indiana was not that easy to figure out. They return a lot of talent from last season's 8 win team. Some changes are coming to Bloomington, however. Last year's starting QB Peyton Ramsey has decided to transfer, making room for highly touted QB Michael Penix Jr. to takeover. Penix will have talented receivers in Ty Fryfogle & Whop Philyor to throw to. Stevie Scott also returns at RB as well as possibly talented Peyton Hendershot at TE.

What fell apart for Indiana last season down the stretch was the defense. The Hoosiers gave up over 30 points in 4 of their last 6 games. Jovan Swann offers depth along the defensive line as well as leadership from a winning program. Deciding to come back home & play for the Hoosiers might benefit Indiana as much as Swann.
Personally feel OG Powell is the key over Swann. Swann will be a big part of the rotation at DT, but if gets hurt, we have plenty of bodies to throw in there. Powell will likely start at LG and back up the Center spot. The other starting guard is Katic. If Powell goes down there's a big drop off to Norwah. We need that interior OL to be solid. For me Powell is a huge key.

As for Hendershot he will be back. However I do expect him to miss a couple three games to start the season (if their is one).

Personally feel OG Powell is the key over Swann. Swann will be a big part of the rotation at DT, but if gets hurt, we have plenty of bodies to throw in there. Powell will likely start at LG and back up the Center spot. The other starting guard is Katic. If Powell goes down there's a big drop off to Norwah. We need that interior OL to be solid. For me Powell is a huge key.

As for Hendershot he will be back. However I do expect him to miss a couple three games to start the season (if their is one).

I hope you are right about all of this and if so IU should be ready to have a very good season. I hope the news about Hendershot is right and he didn't do what was reported. I sure he over reacted but I hope that is all.

ADVERTISEMENT