ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana upsets a "big boy" program

How good is Wisconsin gonna be next year?

I've read where they might replace Coan at QB with an up-and-comer. They also are losing Taylor, but return some serviceable RBs and all their FBs. They look to be solid and deep at TE. The OL loses 3 starters, but Wisconsin always has a good OL. And they're losing 3 WR, including their game-changer, Cruikshank . . . who transferred to Rutgers, of all places.

On defense they lose MLB Chris Orr, three OSLBs and a couple of starters on the DL, but return both DEs and their entire secondary.

So how good is Wisconsin gonna be? Are they gonna be ripe for IU to pick off in the first game for a 'big boy' win? If IU wins, will it be because IU is good, or because Wisconsin is down? Or because it's too early for Wisconsin to have gelled yet?

I've read where they might replace Coan at QB with an up-and-comer. They also are losing Taylor, but return some serviceable RBs and all their FBs. They look to be solid and deep at TE. The OL loses 3 starters, but Wisconsin always has a good OL. And they're losing 3 WR, including their game-changer, Cruikshank . . . who transferred to Rutgers, of all places.

On defense they lose MLB Chris Orr, three OSLBs and a couple of starters on the DL, but return both DEs and their entire secondary.

So how good is Wisconsin gonna be? Are they gonna be ripe for IU to pick off in the first game for a 'big boy' win? If IU wins, will it be because IU is good, or because Wisconsin is down? Or because it's too early for Wisconsin to have gelled yet?
Wis is always good

Reactions: red hornet
If IU wins, will it be because IU is good, or because Wisconsin is down?
It really makes no difference to me if we win because we are good or they are bad. Just win.
The optimists will say it's because IU is good, the pessimists that WI is bad. We went through this already this past season.

Since you asked I will bite. In one word Wiisky will be solid as they have been over the past dozen years. It will be a 7-8 to a 9-10 win season depending on how well they fill the RB and open OL slots. Who replaces WR's is also in question. QB we will know more after spring ball. A lot of key roles to fill on the offensive side of the ball.

With all these changes in mind I like our chances to pull out a win in the season opener. I think we have a better shot of beating them on the road in an opener than say game six or seven.

It will take a hell of an effort on our part but it can be done. #LEO

It never really has matters to me if Purdue is ranked or shitty when we beat them. I think I actually prefer shitty. Their girls are less ugly when they're sad.
Well, you know the old adage, the farmers send their girls to market & their pigs to Purdue! LOL

ADVERTISEMENT