ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana set to face Maryland with postseason on the line

There's no doubt in my mind that whichever team wins the series will be in the field of 64. Maybe IU will make it in with just one win, but I sure wouldn't want to put my hopes on that. Actually, with the exception of Sommer, our pitching was pretty good over the weekend, and we have to hope our pitching will get us over the hump this weekend. I just hope Sommer's disastrous start to the Nebraska game last Friday was just an aberration.

Weather looking very iffy here in DC metro region for tomorrow and Saturday a little less iffy. UMD has turf infield and grass outfield. Would not be surprised if tomorrow becomes double header Saturday or Sunday and possibly not all three games get in?

Weather looking very iffy here in DC metro region for tomorrow and Saturday a little less iffy. UMD has turf infield and grass outfield. Would not be surprised if tomorrow becomes double header Saturday or Sunday and possibly not all three games get in?
Considering it's the end of the season and the importance of the series for both teams, I would hope they will do everything possible to get all three games in, even if they have to go to a Monday game.

Reactions: MatthewByrne5
Considering it's the end of the season and the importance of the series for both teams, I would hope they will do everything possible to get all three games in, even if they have to go to a Monday game.
I am sure they will do everything they can to play this weekend. NCAA selection show is Monday at 12pm so will do no good to play games Monday as NCAA field will already be set.

Reactions: ptrich
In an early game today (Fri), Neb beat Mich 1-0 which obviously has no bearing on the B1G championship which Neb has already won, but it could affect our end-of-season standing in the conference. It's still possible we could end up in a tie or better with Michigan for 2nd place. It's a small consolation since it's all about winning the championship, but at least I would rather be 2nd than 4th, and who wouldn't. On another note, I found it interesting that the last live baseball game of the season by BTN is an intriguing game between last place Minnesota and next to last place Purdue, late Sunday afternoon. They plan these schedules well in advance, but it would have been nice if they could have flexed our game into that time slot.

Last edited:
In an early game today (Fri), Neb beat Mich 1-0 which obviously has no bearing on the B1G championship which Neb has already won, but it could affect our end-of-season standing in the conference. It's still possible we could end up in a tie or better with Michigan for 2nd place. It's a small consolation since it's all about winning the championship, but at least I would rather be 2nd than 4th, and who wouldn't. On another note, I found it interesting that the last live baseball game of the season by BTN is an intriguing game between last place Minnesota and next to last place Purdue, late Sunday afternoon. They plan these schedules well in advance, but it would have been nice if they could have flexed our game into that time slot.
Big Ten Network has been a clown show since it launched. Better than nothing, but not by much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT