ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Offers Luka Garza

Anything to define your agenda the way you do. Winning the toughest conference in the country 4 years ago, is an elite accomplishment. Being the only coach in the Big Ten two win two titles in the last 5 years, is an elite accomplishment. Finishing as one of three finalists in the nation out of 350 DI coaches, is an elite accomplishment. Why are you so angry?

You dismiss Sweet 16 rings saying elite schools don't do that, are you now going to dismiss banner acknowledging Big Ten titles? You never had a problem with the Big Ten title banners in the past, but I expect you to demand that the banners get taken down because we, at IU, only celebrate elite success. Get the campaign started.
Still waiting on those quotes...With all of your moral posturing I can't believe you would stoop to lying

If conference titles weren't elite level successes, why did Bob Knight post them to banners at Assembly Hall? Or did Knight celebrate simply mundane success, too?

EP-150419884.jpg

How long have you been an IU fan?

Knight never posted those banners above. Outside of the five national championship banners, he hung only two others: 1975 UPI National Champions ( to honor the undefeated Hoosiers from that year) and the 1983 Big Ten Champions (to honor the FANS from that year who gave great support even when the team struggled past Ted Kitchel's injury).

You really ought to stop - you're looking more and more uninformed all the time.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
How long have you been an IU fan?

Knight never posted those banners above. Outside of the five national championship banners, he hung only two others: 1975 UPI National Champions ( to honor the undefeated Hoosiers from that year) and the 1983 Big Ten Champions (to honor the FANS from that year who gave great support even when the team struggled past Ted Kitchel's injury).

You really ought to stop - you're looking more and more uninformed all the time.
I thought he hung one for the 89 team as well?

I didn't think RMK hung them but I wasn't 100% certain

Fair point. My fault. See how that's done. I made a mistake and admitted it. You should try it sometime.

If conference titles weren't elite level successes, why did Bob Knight post them to banners at Assembly Hall? Or did Knight celebrate simply mundane success, too?

EP-150419884.jpg
You realize that you just revealed yourself to be a fraud with this post, right?

I'm sorry . . . . <sob> . . . I'll try to do better from now on
Look, either learn and adhere to the standard set of excuses or you face the very real possibility of having to defend your position based on basketball-centric facts and reasoning.

Look, either learn and adhere to the standard set of excuses or you face the very real possibility of having to defend your position based on basketball-centric facts and reasoning.

But I thought I was already doing that??

<smh>

But I thought I was already doing that??

<smh>
Repeat after me . . . It's only been 8 years, other coaches haven't been to a final four, every school has transfers, it's hard to recruit in Indiana, Big Ten tournaments don't matter, NCAA tournaments are all about luck. Please, please learn the drill.

I came over to read what you guys had to say about him. Don't see anything so I'd thought I'd start a thread.

Garza's getting plenty of offers. Iowa has been chasing him for a long time now, but welcome to the race.
Didn't he use to pitch for the Cubs?

Repeat after me . . . It's only been 8 years, other coaches haven't been to a final four, every school has transfers, it's hard to recruit in Indiana, Big Ten tournaments don't matter, NCAA tournaments are all about luck. Please, please learn the drill.
You forgot the "Marquette is not a place in the new college basketball world of the last 25 years to be a top 10 program consistently" line.

Do you still think RMK hung those banners

Does it really matter what I say, you're just going to lie and say I said something else

I think RMK during his tenure authorized those banners to continue to exist and be updated. At only point, even creating a separate banner for a Big Ten title.

Do you think the Big Ten is an elite conference? I do. Thus, winning a Big Ten conference title is an elite accomplishment for winning in an elite conference and that would mean an elite success. Of course you aren't willing to admit that the Big Ten is an elite conference, because that would derail your claim that the coach had achieved elite successes, and you don't like to admit you are wrong.

So for the record, you won't take a stand on whether the Big Ten is an elite conference. Got it.

I think RMK during his tenure authorized those banners to continue to exist and be updated. At only point, even creating a separate banner for a Big Ten title.

Do you think the Big Ten is an elite conference? I do. Thus, winning a Big Ten conference title is an elite accomplishment for winning in an elite conference and that would mean an elite success. Of course you aren't willing to admit that the Big Ten is an elite conference, because that would derail your claim that the coach had achieved elite successes, and you don't like to admit you are wrong.

So for the record, you won't take a stand on whether the Big Ten is an elite conference. Got it.
You think that's what RMK authorized during his tenure? Too funny that you let yourself get revealed this way.

You just make crap up

You just make crap up

Your deflection and inability to answer a question because of your pride makes me sad. You made an incorrect statement because you wanted to bash on our coach. You were proven wrong, but you can't admit it to the point your pride is so boastful that you now won't even acknowledge that the Big Ten is an elite conference.

We are done, everyone sees this one for what it is. Pick a new battle, this one you lost.

Your deflection and inability to answer a question because of your pride makes me sad. You made an incorrect statement because you wanted to bash on our coach. You were proven wrong, but you can't admit it to the point your pride is so boastful that you now won't even acknowledge that the Big Ten is an elite conference.

We are done, everyone sees this one for what it is. Pick a new battle, this one you lost.
I'll answer your question when you link me quotes you attributed to me earlier

You think that's what RMK authorized during his tenure? Too funny that you let yourself get revealed this way.

Coach Knight gave the go ahead to anything that was hung in AH when he was there. I was part of the administration at the time. If he didn't want something in there, it wasn't in there. Coach Knight knew the Big Ten was an elite conference, and he felt it proper to continue to acknowledge the achievements of IU teams that won the conference. He had the proper view. His program was going to recognize the achievements and the legacy of IU, and the accomplishments along the way for elite achievements.

Coach Knight gave the go ahead to anything that was hung in AH when he was there. I was part of the administration at the time. If he didn't want something in there, it wasn't in there. Coach Knight knew the Big Ten was an elite conference, and he felt it proper to continue to acknowledge the achievements of IU teams that won the conference. He had the proper view. His program was going to recognize the achievements and the legacy of IU, and the accomplishments along the way for elite achievements.
Those banners were hung after he was fired. Pretty sure that IU didn't go to him for permission

You can try to dodge this all you want, but you revealed yourself to be a fraud. You have zero credibility here as a result.

It was commissioned and hung after he was dismissed. If you'd worked there or had any sort of insight into the program, you'd know this. There's a hole in your foot for a reason.

It was commissioned and hung after he was dismissed. If you'd worked there or had any sort of insight into the program, you'd know this. There's a hole in your foot for a reason.

The 1983 banner for the Big Ten title, Coach Knight had put up there to recognize the accomplishments of the team and fans. It most certainly was up there during his tenure.

The 1983 banner for the Big Ten title, Coach Knight had put up there to recognize the accomplishments of the team and fans. It most certainly was up there during his tenure.
That wasn't the banner that you claimed he hung up, nice try though

This actually hurts your argument. RMK thought winning the title should be an expectation...only to be honored when a special circumstance warrants it

That doesn't sound elite to me

That wasn't the banner that you claimed he hung up, nice try though

This actually hurts your argument. RMK thought winning the title should be an expectation...only to be honored when a special circumstance warrants it

That doesn't sound elite to me

Did coach Knight not have the Big Ten championship trophies on public display, since they weren't elite? How much time have you spent inside the athletic offices of IU over the years? I spent many a year, and we were proud to acknowledge the elite level of the conference through banners, trophies, plaques. Unfortunately displaying them properly to the public wasn't always possible or in the best light in those days because of the lack of a proper viewing location, which of course has since been solved.

That's what happens with elite accomplishments, you earn elite recognition. The Big Ten is an elite conference. Coach Knight acknowledged that. He didn't hide the recognition, didn't send it back to the conference office, didn't tell recruits to come play for a mediocre conference. Continue to wiggle on this all you wish, you lost this battle.

Did coach Knight not have the Big Ten championship trophies on public display, since they weren't elite? How much time have you spent inside the athletic offices of IU over the years? I spent many a year, and we were proud to acknowledge the elite level of the conference through banners, trophies, plaques. Unfortunately displaying them properly to the public wasn't always possible or in the best light in those days because of the lack of a proper viewing location, which of course has since been solved.

That's what happens with elite accomplishments, you earn elite recognition. The Big Ten is an elite conference. Coach Knight acknowledged that. He didn't hide the recognition, didn't send it back to the conference office, didn't tell recruits to come play for a mediocre conference. Continue to wiggle on this all you wish, you lost this battle.
I didn't say that it shouldn't be acknowledged, regardless of the lies you told...it's an honor, and a noteworthy accomplishment, but it isn't elite....to be elite you have to be on the national level

With your logic MD is elite, why did we fire him ?

We have different opinions on what is elite, why does that bother you so much?

Last edited:
Two Big Ten titles in the last 4 years, three Sweet 16's. Rome takes time rebuild. The 9 years comment is someone with an agenda. The first three years nothing was going to happen, massive rebuild. We are on the right track.

he's been past the sweet 16 once in 17 years. no, he's not as bad as some say but he's not as good as you are hoping either.

and remember we got a 5 seed this year -- shows what the ncaa thinks of winning wildly unbalanced conference titles.

saying he's finally on the right track after the 6 years you are willing to count is still depressing when you compare it to his similarly paid peers. massive rebuild? Baylor was a massive rebuild -- IU just needed someone who could coach and not turn a bunch of players over. year 3 was a symptom of the latter. we're now getting Baylor results at Tom Izzo pricing. yay!

you know it's okay to want more for your favorite team, right? lol

First off, your math is wrong. It is 4.4 because we didn't finished 9th, but tied for 8th two years ago.

Not only good, near the top of the Big Ten. Wisconsin, OSU, IU, Michigan all clumped together. Only one school in the Big Ten from the last five years has two Big Ten titles. Can you figure out which one?

e8om5g.jpg

I did not include Maryland or Rutgers because they haven't participated the last 5 years.

hehehe but look at the NCAA runs the other tops schools have been on in the last 5 to 6 years.

why can't IU do that? why don't you want at coach at IU who can do that? weird

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

You posted this picture earlier:

If conference titles weren't elite level successes, why did Bob Knight post them to banners at Assembly Hall?

EP-150419884.jpg

Very simple: Did Bob Knight have those banners you pictured put up? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

hehehe but look at the NCAA runs the other tops schools have been on in the last 5 to 6 years.

why can't IU do that? why don't you want at coach at IU who can do that? weird

I do want a coach that can do that, we're on our way. Sorry if I have more patience than you do.

ADVERTISEMENT