ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana men's soccer to play in 34th straight NCAA Tournament

Yeags press conference: Guys are ready to play, tournament will be a bubble-they'll stay in NC as long as they are still playing, preparing for either first game opponent, thinks 2 semester schedule will eventually be approved:

Yeags press conference: Guys are ready to play, tournament will be a bubble-they'll stay in NC as long as they are still playing, preparing for either first game opponent, thinks 2 semester schedule will eventually be approved:

i said this before but two semester schedule doesn't jive with mls. i guess it is what it is but top fall teams won't have the same spring roster

i said this before but two semester schedule doesn't jive with mls. i guess it is what it is but top fall teams won't have the same spring roster
Yeah that's gotta stink to lose your top players to the draft mid-season. It'd be like IU losing Bezerra and Josh Penn type players. Strangely, it's the elite program coaches who seem to be pushing this the most.

Yeah that's gotta stink to lose your top players to the draft mid-season. It'd be like IU losing Bezerra and Josh Penn type players. Strangely, it's the elite program coaches who seem to be pushing this the most.
For sure. I wonder why? maybe to offset the cries that college soccer is worthless in terms of development because they don't play enough games/practices

I'm pretty sure Yeagley has said that if this is adopted, they are working with MLS draft and trying to get it get pushed to June after season. There is multiple aspects to make this work and that is one of them. The coaches are not just saying 'let's adopt a split season and lose our players halfway through'.

Only people on this board are gullible enough to think the draft aspect to not be considered as part of the change.

Yes players would join midseason but that already happens in MLB.

St. Francis Brooklyn is the opponent for IU. They beat Milwaukee in OT in the "play-in game" tonight.

St. Francis is the Northeast conference champion. Looking at their roster, they have 5 players from the NYC area and everyone else is international-several French players. 6-1-2 on the year with the only loss to Merrimack College.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT