ADVERTISEMENT

"Indiana Kids?"

HillzHoozier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2005
A quick glance at the offers made by the IU MBB staff shows 66 offers tendered for '23, '24, and '25 combined. Of those sixty-six, can anyone guess how many of those offers were extended to Indiana residents?

That's correct, GThomas-- six.

Crean got several including the Tipton Tornado, Hulls and Zeller, but by the end of his tenure he had earned a reputation of having rubbed the Indiana Prep community the wrong way.

Archie vowed to restore the IU recruiting philosophy to 'Indiana Out', getting Romeo and TJD as cornerstones, Damezi, Franklin, Leal and Galloway among others he added from the state.

When Woody took over, he alluded to getting 'Indiana players', but when you look at the offer sheets, for this regime that is apparently less about geography than it is about 'fit'. Or is it about the current instate talent pool?

My heart wants the next great IU team to be built from kids who grew up in the corn, shooting buckets against a barn by moonlight, or dunking and draining 3s on the humidity-oppressed playgrounds and gymnasiums of schools right here in the Crossroads of America.

Simultaneously, I understand getting DUDES to wear the Candystripes is the goal, and though we would like them all to be 'Indiana' kids, I am not sure it means as much at this juncture in IU history from where they hail, when the goal is a return to national relevance. I say, "get em wherever they grow em". Build it and they will come. Woody and staff seem to agree with me.

What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News