ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana improved. Miller gets another year

He's going to get another year, but in no defensible way does he deserve it. What does the impending AD change have to do with him deserving (or not deserving) anything?

What if the AD we hire decides to jump ship after one year....Archie will deserve a fifth year, regardless of how his fourth year turns out?
Crazed, you and I agree on a lot of things, but I disagree with you on this. There are many ways to defend whether or not Miller deserves another year. First, it's a matter of opinion about whether or not he deserves it. We disagree on that. Second, his contract will ensure that he gets another year whether you or I think he should. That's really not a matter of opinion. Third, the AD change matters not even a little bit. We should agree on that. ;)

Reactions: Radio Zero
There will just be another set of excuses when we are. The excuses will continue until the narrative finally changes overnight and everyone will claim they never like Archie.

The NEXT coach though....

Hall of Famer before he even coaches a game at IU.
I think you're describing yourself. You seriously don't have any self-awareness at all.

Reactions: Radio Zero
9-9
8-12
9-11

We have been reduced to calling this “improvement.”

Look, Archie’s going to get another year. On that much, we agree. But it’s not because he’s earned it - because he hasn’t.
Archie has the program on stable footing with a solid base of his players and incoming talent like Lander. Gone are 20 turnover games and horrible defense. If you don't see the difference between Crean and Archie, you aren't looking very hard.

9-9
8-12
9-11

We have been reduced to calling this “improvement.”

Look, Archie’s going to get another year. On that much, we agree. But it’s not because he’s earned it - because he hasn’t.
Cherry picking stays isn’t going to fly here. So take that shit outta here.

Overall record improved year over year. SOS/ranking improved year over year. Period. Just suck it up buttercup. If you can’t handle it maybe go back to cheering for Purdoo

If he finishes in the bottom half of the conference next season then he needs to go. If we do make a change after next season I’ve lost faith that IU won’t screw up that hire too.

Totally agree with the contention that Archie needs to do something next year that is way past the first three years.

I understand the sentiment of "I’ve lost faith that IU won’t screw up that hire too" but I don't think Glass screwed up the last hire. The hiring of Archie was widely hailed as the best hire in college basketball. If he is fired after four years then IMO, that doesn't make it a bad hire. If you have ever hired people then you know that everything can look and feel right but it doesn't always turn out that way. Knight has said that IU was the perfect place for him, it fit. Maybe Archie isn't going to fit but calling it a bad hire is only possible in hindsight.

Third, the AD change matters not even a little bit. ;)

You don't think that the AD change matters, "not even a little bit"?

So, if Archie's contract was not structured like it is, you think that a new AD comes in and maybe his first action is to fire Archie?

I seriously doubt that. If that is your contention, do you have any examples of that happening before?

You don't think that the AD change matters, "not even a little bit"?

So, if Archie's contract was not structured like it is, you think that a new AD comes in and maybe his first action is to fire Archie?

I seriously doubt that. If that is your contention, do you have any examples of that happening before?
Nope. Not at all. First, the contract IS structured as it is and no AD would fire the coach with that kind of buy out. Second, I don’t think any sane AD would believe Miller deserves to be fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT