ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana HS Football 2021 Thread

Reitz is the historical power in Evansville football. How are they this year? I didn't see them mentioned.
I had honestly forgot to include Reitz. I don’t have much of a projection for them beyond the fact they’ve been down the last couple of years and there has been some palpable tension on the Hill because of it. The community is used to championships, losing records don’t work for them.

and to your later comment about your alma mater having like 3 winning years since 1982, I’m afraid I’m no help there if you meant Washington. I was on one of the those nameless bad teams we produced over the last 40 years. Just terrible community support they’ve had since the McIntosh years. Purichia had some success, Counsil was a total botch, Rice never had a chance to change the culture, Brashear had a couple years supported by some great athletes, and Durnil did ok with the hand he was dealt. Still, no reason an athletic dept that has had enough good athletes over the years can’t consistently put out a better football product.

Reactions: hatchetdad
I had honestly forgot to include Reitz. I don’t have much of a projection for them beyond the fact they’ve been down the last couple of years and there has been some palpable tension on the Hill because of it. The community is used to championships, losing records don’t work for them.

and to your later comment about your alma mater having like 3 winning years since 1982, I’m afraid I’m no help there if you meant Washington. I was on one of the those nameless bad teams we produced over the last 40 years. Just terrible community support they’ve had since the McIntosh years. Purichia had some success, Counsil was a total botch, Rice never had a chance to change the culture, Brashear had a couple years supported by some great athletes, and Durnil did ok with the hand he was dealt. Still, no reason an athletic dept that has had enough good athletes over the years can’t consistently put out a better football product.
Reitz is an extremely prideful program, kind of like Hatchet Basketball

Sounds like Penn up north. The natives are getting restless. They are currently 0-2 and have not been great for a few seasons. Not normal for the Kingsmen.

Reactions: midwolfe
Our son plays for a tiny 1A school so every game is a huge challenge, especially against a long established local program like 2A Providence. Our guys lost bad last night but our son was able to bust loose for a 75yd TD kickoff return. Hope the link works.
Sorry, not sorry, for the shameless promotion but my son’s KO return for a TD came in at #5 on Hudl.
https://www.hudl.com/video/1/57a0c6daa006263358c2e5a1/612f2a31a680930504233b09

Kokomo Wildkats looking like the real deal this year. 3-0 and beat last season's 4A Semi State runner up Marion 42-14 tonight and have outscored opponents 111-34(winning by an average of 26 points) so far. They opened the season with a win against the Western Panthers, the team that beat the 3 peat 2A state champions last week.

Last edited:
Ask the locals about the time when South beat Castle back in the mid 80's in regionals. Castle was defending state champs, undefeated, at home and lost on the last play of the game on a kickoff. Can still remember Joe Smith calling the play on radio. South led the whole game until about 5 seconds to go. The rest is history.
What a travesty the end of the game was... and the BS coach was a complete classless a$$ who came over scream at us that, "it's over, it's over" like a 6th grade kid.

Ending did get a mention in SI though, so looking back that was kinda cool.

Columbus East 24
Seymour 28
The Olympians 96 game win streak in the Hoosier Hills Conference came to an end last Friday

Reactions: mk23
SIAC FINALS

13-10 Vincennes Lincoln over Central
42-0 Castle over Harrison
56-14 Jasper over Bosse
29-26 North over Reitz

Game of the week in the SIAC:

29-15 Memorial over 2A#2 Mater Dei

Reactions: ulrey
Kokomo keeps rolling through the season, beat McCutcheon 36-7 last night to improve to 4-0. The Wildkats defense has held opponents to 14 points or less in each game so far this year. Someone to keep an eye on going forward is Kokomo running back Plez Lawrence (550 yards, 8 rushing TDs, 3 receiving TDs) through the 4 games.

After sitting out a 1 game suspension last week for getting kicked out of the game against McCutcheon two weeks ago, Plez Lawrence ran for 5 TDs and led Kokomo to a 56-6 win over South Bend Washington today. He now has 13 rushing TDs in the games he's played in this season. Kokomo was supposed to play Anderson this week, but the Indians had to cancel due to COVID issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT