ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana HS Football 2021 Thread

Center Grove and Cathedral are the two best teams by a mile. 4A is pound for pound the best class. Roncalli is the team to beat but newcomer Chatard will have something to say about it. They've outscored the Rebels 81-14 the last two years.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Center Grove and Cathedral are the two best teams by a mile. 4A is pound for pound the best class. Roncalli is the team to beat but newcomer Chatard will have something to say about it. They've outscored the Rebels 81-14 the last two years.
Royals. 🤫

Can’t wait for the Chatard/Roncalli game on 9/3

Reactions: mk23
Who is good in Evansville these days? I went to Castle during the Lidy years, but haven’t followed southern Indiana sports in a while.

Reactions: ulrey
Who is good in Evansville these days? I went to Castle during the Lidy years, but haven’t followed southern Indiana sports in a while.
I want to say Central and castle. Memorial is pretty good. It’s like anything else. They all are good at times.

I want to say Central and castle. Memorial is pretty good. It’s like anything else. They all are good at times.
Central has had a great run recently despite going through 3 coaches in 4 years, with their 4th in 5 starting this year. But I think they project to be down a bit with graduation.

Memorial has been very consistently good the last several years, don't know where this year stands and they're bumped to 4A due to success factor and probably won't make a deep tournament run.

Castle & Mater Dei have been consistent. North has been middling but improving.

Bosse & Harrison are in rough shape still.

With Jasper & Vincennes joining the SIAC, they could be in the mix (much more Jasper than VL). I'm not sure how much though. I would expect the SIAC to be fairly wide open with a good chance of a split championship this year with teams trading losses.

I imagine this will be the first year in a while where no schools from the SIAC will be in position to make a deep tournament run. The rest of SW Indiana is kind of meh too. Gibson Southern is in a kind of do or die year. They've had a hard time getting past Memorial then Southridge & Heritage Hills in the tournament. If they can't do it with Allen & the Castle OL transfer leading the way, I don't know what to say. Nick Hart is a fine coach, but he seems like he did more with less early in his tenure there.

Central has had a great run recently despite going through 3 coaches in 4 years, with their 4th in 5 starting this year. But I think they project to be down a bit with graduation.

Memorial has been very consistently good the last several years, don't know where this year stands and they're bumped to 4A due to success factor and probably won't make a deep tournament run.

Castle & Mater Dei have been consistent. North has been middling but improving.

Bosse & Harrison are in rough shape still.

With Jasper & Vincennes joining the SIAC, they could be in the mix (much more Jasper than VL). I'm not sure how much though. I would expect the SIAC to be fairly wide open with a good chance of a split championship this year with teams trading losses.

I imagine this will be the first year in a while where no schools from the SIAC will be in position to make a deep tournament run. The rest of SW Indiana is kind of meh too. Gibson Southern is in a kind of do or die year. They've had a hard time getting past Memorial then Southridge & Heritage Hills in the tournament. If they can't do it with Allen & the Castle OL transfer leading the way, I don't know what to say. Nick Hart is a fine coach, but he seems like he did more with less early in his tenure there.
Hearing Vincennes is the team to beat.

Hearing Vincennes is the team to beat.
That'd be a stunner, IMO. Unless they were just wrecked by COVID last year, they had a pretty sub-par year for their first in the SIAC. They've fallen pretty hard since the Hidde years. Salters looks to be bringing them back, but it takes time.

Having a son playing for Center Grove, I am excited to see how they do. As dominant as they were last year, most around the program feel this years team may be better. In 14 games last year, 10 had a running clock in the 2nd half.
Someone mentioned Bloomington South above. As good as the McCullough boys are, the team as a whole was not great when we scrimmaged them a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: mk23
Having a son playing for Center Grove, I am excited to see how they do. As dominant as they were last year, most around the program feel this years team may be better. In 14 games last year, 10 had a running clock in the 2nd half.
Someone mentioned Bloomington South above. As good as the McCullough boys are, the team as a whole was not great when we scrimmaged them a couple of weeks ago.
Really excited for the Center Grove-Cathedral game again this year. Last year was one of the best high school football games I've ever seen. Have a grandson who will be starting his freshman year next week.

Is Coach Moore expected on the sidelines this year? I know he’s going through health issues right now.

• Sad
Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk23
Since we were talking about the SIAC
1. Memorial*-Returns 20 starters from an 8-4 and went on an 8 game winning streak and returns loads of studs

2. Mater Dei*- Surprised a lot of folks last season going to Semi State, will be a strong contender for SIAC and state

3. Castle*- Same issue with Mater Dei, improved and should be a SIAC contender

4. Jasper*- It’s Jasper, they will good, but did lose solid players

5. North- Should have another above .500 regular season if things goes there way, tough matchups in the early weeks

6. Central- Biggest question mark in the SIAC, new coach this year, lost roughly 90% of their offensive power, but returns a couple of good players on defense

7. Reitz- Can Reitz have a breakthrough?

8. Vincennes Lincoln- Still some time before they get back to their winning ways, but showed promises last year

9. Harrison- Same old story

10. Bosse- Same old story

*All 4 teams are interchangeable, most likely the SIAC championship will be a split title

Reactions: ulrey
Yes. There was actually a nice article in the Indy Star today on Coach Moore. As of now, he plans to be there all year. With health, things can always change quickly.
I hadn't heard anything about that until I read the article this morning. Prayers for Coach Moore.

We will be a solid team this season, should watch us out in 4A South, but it will be tough beating the likes of East Central, Roncalli/Chatard, and Jasper in our sectional.

We are projected to finish in the top 3 of the SIAC and a deep run at state, on paper at least. We did lose our QB due to graduation, but our QB1 for this year is highly athletic and around 5’11 now. Overall, we should be at least a 10/11 win team

Preview of local teams in my part of the state. Hopefully my old high school's new coach can quickly turn things around and make the fans forget the embarrassment that has been the last couple of years

Westfield kicks off the season 8/20 against Cathedral. Should be a good one.

My nephew is a Soph for Westfield and his class is undefeated the last three seasons, don't think there's been a game closer than two scores, so I'll be catching some JV too this fall.

What’s the outlook for the Fighting Generals of Clarksville (AA)?
Clarksville? Well, I do know they haven’t been doing too well (6-66, the last 6 seasons) and to be respectful, they probably won’t do too hot. But the last 2 years have shown improvements going 3-7 in 2019 and 2020. So they will probably be in that range. I’m from Evansville Memorial, so I don’t know much from them, except they are in in the Mid-Southern Conference

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT