ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana boys blast kentucky hilljacks 93-70..Luke Brown with 18 pts!

So? It happened and you can’t wish it away. The rankings can’t be wished away. Is there anything else you are unhappy or emotional about?
I'm not unhappy or unemotional about anything. What I am saying is 1 game can't reasonably be used to say someone is better than someone else. I never even said it did or didn't happen.

I'm not unhappy or unemotional about anything. What I am saying is 1 game can't reasonably be used to say someone is better than someone else. I never even said it did or didn't happen.
I never said he was better lol. I said he out played him. Still being emotional. Also 7 games in a history can’t be used to make a judgment on historical dominance. If you look at total body of work IU is superior in every way. I look for these next few years to be very interesting.

I never said he was better lol. I said he out played him. Still being emotional. Also 7 games in a history can’t be used to make a judgment on historical dominance. If you look at total body of work IU is superior in every way. I look for these next few years to be very interesting.
They have to be for iu. Tons of questions imo.

They have to be for iu. Tons of questions imo.
Why do you continue lurking here spouting your Purwho nonsense. We really don't care about how good you think the traditional underachievers in West Lafayette are or will be. I suspect that you will be disappointed this next season as you always are when the Boilers don't get far in the tournament. While IU has been crap the last four years, the entirety of the IU-Purdue rivalry has been so one sided that even with the non-performance of IU over the last 20 years, Purdue has still done nothing to make up the deficit of five (5) NCAA Men's Basketball Championships. How many banners does Purdue have? Last count was zero. The last time Purdue went to an NCAA championship game was 1969 (IU went in 2002) so keep trying to make yourself believe that there is even an argument to be had on the relative merits of the two programs, there isn't any equivalence now or likely ever. It is more likely IU will hoist a sixth banner before Purdue even sniffs one.

Just go away to your Purdue board and feed your fellow farmers with your bs.

Why do you continue lurking here spouting your Purwho nonsense. We really don't care about how good you think the traditional underachievers in West Lafayette are or will be. I suspect that you will be disappointed this next season as you always are when the Boilers don't get far in the tournament. While IU has been crap the last four years, the entirety of the IU-Purdue rivalry has been so one sided that even with the non-performance of IU over the last 20 years, Purdue has still done nothing to make up the deficit of five (5) NCAA Men's Basketball Championships. How many banners does Purdue have? Last count was zero. The last time Purdue went to an NCAA championship game was 1969 (IU went in 2002) so keep trying to make yourself believe that there is even an argument to be had on the relative merits of the two programs, there isn't any equivalence now or likely ever. It is more likely IU will hoist a sixth banner before Purdue even sniffs one.

Just go away to your Purdue board and feed your fellow farmers with your bs.
Where was I spewing BS? I'll call a spade a spade. Simply discussing basketball. That a crime based on my name alone? No where have I insulted either program or any player.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
They just going to magically start out recruiting Purdue? It's not that easy. As mentioned above, 2023 is pretty light on instate talent. 2024, idk any names. Do you?
Indiana doesn't have to wait for state high school players. We will draw talent nationwide.And yes, Woodson has shown success in recruiting. He landed a 5 star recruit a short time after taking the job.

Purdue does well in recruiting when IU is near a coaching change. Purdue is in trouble if Woodson/Fife et al are as good as I think they will be.

Indiana doesn't have to wait for state high school players. We will draw talent nationwide.And yes, Woodson has shown success in recruiting. He landed a 5 star recruit a short time after taking the job.

Purdue does well in recruiting when IU is near a coaching change. Purdue is in trouble if Woodson/Fife et al are as good as I think they will be.
Wasn't crean fired in part because he didn't get instate players though?

Even if woodson has success, it doesn't really scare me. This isn't the same purdue program of 6 years ago. Purdue has better assistants than ever and better infrastructure than ever. That plays a huge role.

I won't speak on how good woodson can be because I honestly have zero idea. I could paint a realistic picture to bad, average, and good. It will be interesting to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Wasn't crean fired in part because he didn't get instate players though?

Even if woodson has success, it doesn't really scare me. This isn't the same purdue program of 6 years ago. Purdue has better assistants than ever and better infrastructure than ever. That plays a huge role.

I won't speak on how good woodson can be because I honestly have zero idea. I could paint a realistic picture to bad, average, and good. It will be interesting to watch.
Crean was fired because he sucked. He sucked for many reasons. His brand of basketball was unwatchable. The result was he wasn't going to recruit anywhere.

Woodson seems great with the parents. He tells the recruits what they need to improve. That input from someone that has evaluated NBA players would make most recruits listen.

The only question I have is how well he will teach his offense to young players. His defense will be man to man with an emphasis on winning the individual defensive match ups within a team concept. Every kid in Indiana will understand his defense.

Crean was fired because he sucked. He sucked for many reasons. His brand of basketball was unwatchable. The result was he wasn't going to recruit anywhere.

Woodson seems great with the parents. He tells the recruits what they need to improve. That input from someone that has evaluated NBA players would make most recruits listen.

The only question I have is how well he will teach his offense to young players. His defense will be man to man with an emphasis on winning the individual defensive match ups within a team concept. Every kid in Indiana will understand his defense.
I heard a lot of complaints about how clean didn't recruit indiana. I understand that wasn't the sole reason, but iu fans I know didn't like that he didn't.

I heard a lot of complaints about how clean didn't recruit indiana. I understand that wasn't the sole reason, but iu fans I know didn't like that he didn't.
You can’t blanket comment. It was certain Indiana players. He wasn’t recruiting any great or good players. Parents figured out he was a used car salesman and not a good coach. He burned a ton of AAU bridges. His recruiting was tanking by the minute. He not only didn’t recruit Indiana but he was locked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT