ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana boys blast kentucky hilljacks 93-70..Luke Brown with 18 pts!

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
for the 100th win in the series. Indiana leads the series 100-44. Luke Brown! led the way with 18 pts on 7-9 shooting. Indiana Girls won too, 69-58, and lead series 51-38.

broilee recruits- furst 13, tkaufman4, and bwadell 2.

about 1200 at the game. If interested, head to Southport for tonight's game.

Last edited:
for the 100th win in the series. Indiana leads the series 100-44. Luke Brown! led the way with 18 pts on 7-9 shooting. Indiana Girls won too, 69-58, and lead series 51-38.

The guy Luke was guarding must have had 30, right?

perhaps the recruiting fight for Luke Brown will be next yr.

So happy we passed on this kid. The only thing he can do well is run the offense and shoot lights out. Why would we need him?
But he can’t jump over a phone book
He played inferior competition
He’s too slow
He’s not in the top 100
He’s not worthy of a scholarship from mighty IU.
I think some of you are forgetting we won it all in 1987.

Reactions: UncleMark
He’s too slow
He’s not in the top 100
Steve Alford?

Reactions: Crayfish57
He’s too slow
He’s not in the top 100
Did he have a single power 5 offer?

The Owensboro Messenger & Inquirer had no pre-game story on the game. The newspaper is a corporate money pig today. In years past it was owned by the Hager Family, Kentucky Wesleyan graduates that hire reporters from the local collages and even from as far away as Indiana Pyle school of journalism. They were bought out and are no longer local. They don't cover anything local well. No one in Owensboro and I mean no one knew the game was being played at the Sportscenter. I remember when huge crowds filled Freedom hall in Louisville and the Coliseum in Indy to watch the games.

Indiana boys win again, 86-70. LBrown with 10 pts, 4 assists and 4 rebounds. Boys are 27-3 in last 30 games against the 'billies. kentucky can watch elite hoops, but cannot play great hoops. Indiana needs to play Illinois or Ohio. kentucky needs to play Montana or North Dakota. LBrown is better than the haters want to admit..,.

furst had 14 pts and 17 rebounds, and will start over kauffman (10 pts). waddell with 1 point.

Girls lost 78-76.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Indiana boys win again, 86-70. LBrown with 10 pts, 4 assists and 4 rebounds. Boys are 27-3 in last 30 games against the 'billies. kentucky can watch elite hoops, but cannot play great hoops. Indiana needs to play Illinois or Ohio. kentucky needs to play Montana or North Dakota. LBrown is better than the haters want to admit..,.

furst had 14 pts and 17 rebounds, and will start over kauffman (10 pts). waddell with 1 point.

Girls lost 78-76.
Kaufman hurt his finger and only played 12 minutes last night, but I agree. Kaufman needs some development, but has a higher ceiling imo. Curious to see how they develop.

Kaufman hurt his finger and only played 12 minutes last night, but I agree. Kaufman needs some development, but has a higher ceiling imo. Curious to see how they develop.
yes, kaufman was much better last night. Wesley will be a baller. Also, I would welcome a furst/tk transfer to IU anytime they want to!

yes, kaufman was much better last night. Wesley will be a baller. Also, I would welcome a furst/tk transfer to IU anytime they want to!
Wouldn't get your hopes up. Curious how quick woodson can get an iu presence back for state recruits. Assuming Washington goes to Purdue, it has to start with the 2023 class for iu, right? Nije getting an iu offer? Sounds like he might get a Purdue offer, so wasn't sure.

Wouldn't get your hopes up. Curious how quick woodson can get an iu presence back for state recruits. Assuming Washington goes to Purdue, it has to start with the 2023 class for iu, right? Nije getting an iu offer? Sounds like he might get a Purdue offer, so wasn't sure.
CJ Gunn is coming in 2022. There are only a couple of B1G level players in the state in 2022. Washington wants to share a spot with Kaufman? Woodson brought in a 5 star in Bates, and along with Duncomb, the '21 class is equal to purdue's, IMO. I know furst and tk are not coming to IU, and just wanted to compliment their talents.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
2023 is likely right. Until then, enjoy the fruits of IU's screw ups.

CJ Gunn is coming in 2022. There are only a couple of B1G level players in the state in 2022. Washington wants to share a spot with Kaufman? Woodson brought in a 5 star in Bates, and along with Duncomb, the '21 class is equal to purdue's, IMO. I know furst and tk are not coming to IU, and just wanted to compliment their talents.
I wasn't knocking iu in any fashion. I was genuinely bringing it up as discussion. A lack of talent does play a role. I am curious on duncomb and how good he is. Seemed to jump up rankings when no one could go to games.

Washington and TKR won't play the same position at Purdue.

They just going to magically start out recruiting Purdue? It's not that easy. As mentioned above, 2023 is pretty light on instate talent. 2024, idk any names. Do you?
Why wouldn't they? The have for decades and got right back in the saddle after recovering from the last screw up with Sampson that opened the door for PU recruiting.

Now, it may be different this time around but there is nothing historically to support that hope of yours. Loss to out of state programs has been more of an issue.

Why wouldn't they? The have for decades and got right back in the saddle after recovering from the last screw up with Sampson that opened the door for PU recruiting.

Now, it may be different this time around but there is nothing historically to support that hope of yours. Loss to out of state programs has been more of an issue.
More money and better assistants than ever at the Purdue program. Makes a huge difference actually. Makes it tough to compare 15 years ago.

They just going to magically start out recruiting Purdue? It's not that easy. As mentioned above, 2023 is pretty light on instate talent. 2024, idk any names. Do you?
They historically have and IU even matched Purdue on a down year. That statement was just emotional on your part.

More money and better assistants than ever at the Purdue program. Makes a huge difference actually. Makes it tough to compare 15 years ago.
Those things won't hurt but tough to cvercome the long history of what IU is in the state and the league. Actually, what I think will result is PU getting more of the kids that were going out of state.

They historically have and IU even matched Purdue on a down year. That statement was just emotional on your part.
Hard to say they matched Purdue truthfully. Unless you want to use rankings as an indicator as to how good someone is. Rankings that, are likely more flawed then ever do to covid and what not.

We can look at these classes in 3 years and discuss.

Those things won't hurt but tough to cvercome the long history of what IU is in the state and the league. Actually, what I think will result is PU getting more of the kids that were going out of state.
But that's the thing. History, sure. But it is just that, history. Recent success and money go just as far. You can buy your way to a championship before history can get you there imo. History will always keep iu in discussion I'd they have a good coach.

But that's the thing. History, sure. But it is just that, history. Recent success and money go just as far. You can buy your way to a championship before history can get you there imo. History will always keep iu in discussion I'd they have a good coach.
You are way out historied...and even now way out monied.

out exposed
out supported
out followed
out "facilited"
out "expectationed"

Matt is a good coach, I like him. He has a knack for finding the second-tier kids that fit his system and getting them to play hard. The two times IU has fumbled...he benifitted short-term. Matt has dominated IU on the court of late. People outside of WL still sort of roll their eyes about that.

I like the combination of leadership talent that scott has assembled. Let's see if they can keep up with matt, but far more importantly...let's see if they can get IU back on track nationally.

Now PU grads and other's whose narrative it is to trash IU athletically and academically will disagree...but it is the truth.

Hard to say they matched Purdue truthfully. Unless you want to use rankings as an indicator as to how good someone is. Rankings that, are likely more flawed then ever do to covid and what not.

We can look at these classes in 3 years and discuss.
Truthfully our big man outplayed your big man head to head. Our wing is pretty darn good. It’s an emotion biased post that’s all. It’s not hard to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT