ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana All Stars; Jrs vs Srs.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Great event at NA. I got the whole team to autograph a T-Shirt. Very good game. I'll start with the Sr team. They were led in scoring by.........yep, you guessed it, Romeo. He has 26 pts, a game high. And 11 rebounds, also a game high. 8 of them offensive. 11-12 from the charity line. He actually didn't have a good game, but was still the MVP. So good. 2nd leading scorer was a suprise. It was Damezi Anderson. I am impressed. He's a physical wing and my goodness is his shot pure. He buried at least 3 treys and a couple mid range shots in this game. His defense is good too. Phinsee was the 3rd highest scorer with 11 pts and 5 assists. His on the ball defense is relentless. Eric Hunter is a good athlete. But he is rail thin. His jumpshot isn't good either. I can't see him helping Purdue for at least a year or two. Aaron Henry can play, but man he's a ball hog. He wants every shot. He doesn't make many either. I like Jarron Coleman that's going to Ball State. He's a nice wing. Someone should recruit Sean East. All he does is bury 3 pointers.

For the Jrs. TJD and Brooks were absent. I am not at all impressed with Mason Gillis. He had 6 pts and 5 turnovers. I hope he is going to Purdue. He's another project for them. Thompson did not play. I have no idea why, but man is he small? The 2 best Jrs were Armaan Franklin and Brandon Newman. Both of these dudes are Big Ten guards. Newman shoots better but Franklin is a better slasher. Both had 20 pts. The Mulloy kid going to Butler wasn't much of a factor. Damani Jones is a 6"8 320 lb kid from Ben Davis. He had 20. The kid is a monster. He's actually an OT recruit. His brother Caleb Jones (6"9 350) plays OT for IU. I envision that he may end up here.

All in all, it was a great game, especially Romeo getting to play in his home gym one more time. I can't wait for basketball season.

Damezi Amderson is going to surprise a lot of people. He is very strong also and can rebound and block shots. I think Damezi can be a point forward with the ball in his hands at the top of the key, he is a load to stop on drives or with his shooting and scoring ability. Damezi does a little bit of everything well.

Last edited:
Reactions: alishedobbs
I think Damezi (Amderson) csm be a point forward with the ball in hos hands at the top of the key he is a moad to stop on drives or shooting.

Moad off my mind but how's hos (Amderson's) grammar? You claim he csm walk the walk but csm he talk the talk?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT