ADVERTISEMENT

In thinking this team will be in the NCAAT

I also think that some of you will be very unhappy about that.

It's not inconceivable that we go .500 the rest of the way and win a game in the BTT. That gets us 20+ wins and 11 losses in a good conference. Some decent wins early and OSU. Maybe we beat MSU.

Won't be easy, but we're certainly in a position to play ourselves into the tourney at 12-3.

It's not inconceivable that we go .500 the rest of the way and win a game in the BTT. That gets us 20+ wins and 11 losses in a good conference. Some decent wins early and OSU. Maybe we beat MSU.

Won't be easy, but we're certainly in a position to play ourselves into the tourney at 12-3.
Even better since we're at 13-3. ;)

It was a very straightforward denial. You’re just not smart to understand that. You and the other busybodies should worry more about your own contributions rather than weakly trying to tell everyone else how they should think and post. Funny to watch you squirm and equivocate whenever the truth about you is revealed.
Mary, Mary....Why you buggin?

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
No, I didn’t make up anything. Dakich passed along a rumor you didn’t like and you tried to spin it from there. There’s nothing more to it, and you got caught lying as a result. There’s an obvious reason you continue to look like a dishonest fool. Oh, and the stalking is so cute. Your inferiority complex and insecurities fit you well. But thanks for not charging rent.

No, YOU passed on the rumor claiming it was Dan's. I simply took you at your word, which in retrospect was dumb.

Please quote the "lie"

Also answer the question posed to you.

It was a very straightforward denial. You’re just not smart to understand that. You and the other busybodies should worry more about your own contributions rather than weakly trying to tell everyone else how they should think and post. Funny to watch you squirm and equivocate whenever the truth about you is revealed.

Twisting yourself into Mr Pretzel is not helping your cause. Just tell the truth, the coverup is ALWAYS the greater problem

Twisting yourself into Mr Pretzel is not helping your cause. Just tell the truth, the coverup is ALWAYS the greater problem
What are you talking about, Ace? Dakich passed along a rumor he heard, and it was discussed extensively here. Then, in your creepy pursuit of me, you tried to attribute the genesis of the rumor to me. It was a stupid lie and another poster busted you over it until you went vague in a vain attempt to avoid the topic and your falsehoods. In short, the only person pissing their pants over it is you. You’re brimming with insecurity and inferiority, two common traits of your narcissism.Now, waste all the time you want to your little heart’s content, but please quit wasting everyone else’s.

What are you talking about, Ace? Dakich passed along a rumor he heard, and it was discussed extensively here. Then, in your creepy pursuit of me, you tried to attribute the genesis of the rumor to me. It was a stupid lie and another poster busted you over it until you went vague in a vain attempt to avoid the topic and your falsehoods. In short, the only person pissing their pants over it is you. You’re brimming with insecurity and inferiority, two common traits of your narcissism.Now, waste all the time you want to your little heart’s content, but please quit wasting everyone else’s.

You're Ass covering 101 Ace. You are soooo predictable. BTW answer the simple question posed to you in the other thread about previous usernames. Several posters want to see if you will tell the truth.

Your Ass covering 101 Ace. You are soooo predictable. BTW answer the simple question posed to you in the other thread.
It’s “You’re”, not “Your”. College graduates know this.

And, no, I’m not covering anything. You made something up, you can’t support it, you got caught lying, and now you look like an idiot trying wiggle out of it.

Further, I’m no one else, Ace. But you probably should re-stock “your” shelves with Depends if “you’re” going to continue to follow me everywhere. Some waterproof boots might help, too.

It’s “You’re”, not “Your”. College graduates know this.

And, no, I’m not covering anything. You made something up, you can’t support it, you got caught lying, and now you look like an idiot trying wiggle out of it.

Further, I’m no one else, Ace. But you probably should re-stock “your” shelves with Depends if “you’re” going to continue to follow me everywhere. Some waterproof boots might help, too.

It was used as a label so it was correct. I didn't make anything up, I used your post stating that "Dakich's rumor" was that BK was coming Sat. He did not and now you are dodging.

Back to the subject at hand...are you saying that you have not used multiple previous User names on this site? We understand you may not ne anyone else at the moment...you used that dodge once before. Answer the simple yes or no question...carefully.

I think Dakich said he’d be at the game Saturday, so that’s his rumor. We’ll see if he’s correct. As for Dolson, he might get the job, but the AD employees aren’t campaigning for him with donors and, even if they were, it wouldn’t carry any weight by doing it that way. And the court renaming thing isn’t happening.

B-B-B-B-Busted.

Ok, so you lied about this...now the big test; answer the question above truthfully and redeem yourself.

B-B-B-B-Busted.

Ok, so you lied about this...now the big test; answer the question above truthfully and redeem yourself.
The first sentence of my post proves “you’re” a liar or just frighteningly stupid. Thanks for confirming that spelling may be the least of your concerns. You might want to stock up on Depends. Now that you’ve admitted you had no argument, go waste someone else’s time with your desperate stalking. “You’re” still brimming with inferiority and insecurity.

The first sentence of my post proves “you’re” a liar or just frighteningly stupid. Thanks for confirming that spelling may be the least of your concerns. You might want to stock up on Depends. Now that you’ve admitted you had no argument, go waste someone else’s time with your desperate stalking. “You’re” still brimming with inferiority and insecurity.

blah blah blahblah blah Are you finished? Good.

Answer the question

Yes.....or....No?

Another thread into the sewer. We really need to have a pinned thread for this sort of nonsense. It’s ok to be obsessed about IU basketball and to discuss it. It’s not ok to be obsessed about people that post on this forum.

Agreed, and that is what I would like to get back to. Talking IU hoops!! Unfortunately this board has been reduced from one of the best IU forums available to what we have here today by a couple of ubertrolls who drove a ton of great objective posters away. I am next, and that is certainly their goal. It is just too bad that the mods can't block by IP address.

enjoy...

Another thread into the sewer. We really need to have a pinned thread for this sort of nonsense. It’s ok to be obsessed about IU basketball and to discuss it. It’s not ok to be obsessed about people that post on this forum.

Thank you.

BOTH “sides” involved in this stupidity - which is roughly at the level of a fight amongst junior high school girls - are ruining this forum.

Or maybe this board needs moderators that take out the trash. They only seem to drop by on a game day though.
If you take a look at his posting history relative to mine, you’ll see he very consistently follows me around in an effort to provoke. Not a big fan of that, especially when this is a place to just talk IU basketball. He seems to have backed away, so hopefully he’s stopped.

If you take a look at his posting history relative to mine, you’ll see he very consistently follows me around in an effort to provoke. Not a big fan of that, especially when this is a place to just talk IU basketball. He seems to have backed away, so hopefully he’s stopped.
But Brnk, you keep coming back and stirring the pot. Either one of you could stop the cat fight.

Listen and respond with thought and empathy...not just with the intent to respond...

Just make up one's mind to just talk basketball...it's easy. Would clean up this site...

But it is the internet. And there is no such things as personal, social and civic responsibilities, I guess.

Reactions: DiscoBriscoe
But Brnk, you keep coming back and stirring the pot. Either one of you could stop the cat fight.

Listen and respond with thought and empathy...not just with the intent to respond...

Just make up one's mind to just talk basketball...it's easy. Would clean up this site...

But it is the internet. And there is no such things as personal, social and civic responsibilities, I guess.
To be fair, there’s plenty I’ve ignored from both that poster as well as a few others whose primary purpose seems to be to worry about what everyone else has to say, rather than about their own opinions. Your coaching is good though, and I’ll work to follow it more diligently. This seems like a good place to talk IU basketball but some of the “extremists” on all sides take things way too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Per your profile you’ve been here two months. You claim you’ve not had another name. You don’t have much history here, right?

Reactions: MrBing
Per your profile you’ve been here two months. You claim you’ve not had another name. You don’t have much history here, right?
Viewing as a non-member first, posting after that. I like to read several IU basketball boards, but I don’t post much on any of them. With that, I sense you’re one of the posters who I should steer clear of due to the tone of your posts. If your purpose now is to mud wrestle, I’ll pass.

You need to be here a long time so you can learn such IU facts as "getting Keith Smart and Dean Garrett helped us win 1987 championship" absolutely brilliant.

Viewing as a non-member first, posting after that. I like to read several IU basketball boards, but I don’t post much on any of them. With that, I sense you’re one of the posters who I should steer clear of due to the tone of your posts. If your purpose now is to mud wrestle, I’ll pass.
Yes he's a complete douche my guess some 50 year old NERD

I also think that some of you will be very unhappy about that.

To get back to the original topic a little bit......

We're at 13-4 with 14 games to go, 3-3 in the BT.

I think CAM has got another bad break with Phinisee seemingly being unable to play effectively due to physical issues. CAM's done a lot wrong here in his time imo, but it also seems that he (and we) are also snake bit. It seems to me that Rob is the most important player on this roster because there is no other player on this team that can effectively play his position, even for 1 full game.

Here's the remaining schedule:

--at Nebraska
--v. MSU
--v. MD
--at PSU
--at OSU
--v. Purdue
--v. Iowa
--at Michigan
--at Minnesota
--v. PSU
--at Purdue
--at Illinois
--v. Minnesota
--v. Wisconsin

I think we will beat Nebraska. They haven't dome much since the Purdue game. The only other road game I see as a realistic possibility is PSU. They've lost 3 straight and they've really struggled with physical teams. TJD & Brunk match up well there. So that's 2 possibles. The remaining road games look like nearly certain losses.

Giving us at Nebraska & at PSU, with 5 road losses, we're at 5-8/15-9.

Who do we beat at home? I would say probables are PSU & Minnesota. That takes us to 7-8/17-9 with these games remaining, all at home:

--MSU........unlikely, but possible
--Maryland......unlikely, but possible
--Purdue.....50/50
--Iowa.....60/40
--Wisconsin....40/60

If we get 3 of those last 5 its 10-10 & 20-11.

That, to me, is the most optimistic take if Phinisee remains seriously impaired.

Thoughts?

Just for reference, so far, we're 13-4 and don't have what anyone would call a bad loss on our record.

To date, on the bracketolegy, every team we've lost to is in the tournament, as are we. If we can go 500 the rest of the way, I think we're easily in the tournament and then you never know what happens.

As everyone says, just get in and see what happens.

Reactions: MrBing

I think CAM has got another bad break with Phinisee seemingly being unable to play effectively due to physical issues. CAM's done a lot wrong here in his time imo, but it also seems that he (and we) are also snake bit. It seems to me that Rob is the most important player on this roster because there is no other player on this team that can effectively play his position, even for 1 full game.

--at Nebraska
--v. MSU
--v. MD
--at PSU
--at OSU
--v. Purdue
--v. Iowa
--at Michigan
--at Minnesota
--v. PSU
--at Purdue
--at Illinois
--v. Minnesota
--v. Wisconsin

I think we will beat Nebraska. They haven't dome much since the Purdue game. The only other road game I see as a realistic possibility is PSU. They've lost 3 straight and they've really struggled with physical teams. TJD & Brunk match up well there. So that's 2 possibles. The remaining road games look like nearly certain losses.

Who do we beat at home? I would say probables are PSU & Minnesota. That takes us to 7-8/17-9 with these games remaining, all at home:

--Purdue.....50/50
--Iowa.....60/40
--Wisconsin....40/60

That, to me, is the most optimistic take if Phinisee remains seriously impaired.

Thoughts?
I think we can win or lose every game left. I think we'll win at least half of them but I couldn't tell you which ones they'll be. The team is still too hot and cold but when or if we play the same way in two or three straight games I'd feel good about predicting the remaining games. Of course I hope we play three straight good games like against OSU and FSU and hopefully all wins instead of bad games like against Wisconsin.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Just for reference, so far, we're 13-4 and don't have what anyone would call a bad loss on our record.
I would personally edit that to "don't have what anyone would call a loss to a bad team on our record." The road games at Wisconsin and Maryland were pretty bad games that the team was never really in.

The Arkansas and Rutgers games, while ugly, they were in and could have, maybe should have if they were a better team, won.

--at Nebraska
--v. MSU
--v. MD
--at PSU
--at OSU
--v. Purdue
--v. Iowa
--at Michigan
--at Minnesota
--v. PSU
--at Purdue
--at Illinois
--v. Minnesota
--v. Wisconsin

--Purdue.....50/50
--Iowa.....60/40
--Wisconsin....40/60

Thoughts?

Trying to predict the actual wins never seems to work. The team loses games they shouldn't, and wins games that we never expect them to. Bottom line seems to be that we must win 50% of our remaining games in the B10 and win a game in the tourney. That should get us in. Personally, I don't care how it gets done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I would personally edit that to "don't have what anyone would call a loss to a bad team on our record." The road games at Wisconsin and Maryland were pretty bad games that the team was never really in.

The Arkansas and Rutgers games, while ugly, they were in and could have, maybe should have if they were a better team, won.

No.

When selection Sunday comes, we don't have a bad loss if Wisconsin or Rutgers make the dance. We don't have that, "what happened there" loss that we've had in the past.

Do you think the selection committee is gonna look at every team and say, they lost so and so game by 20, we're they ever in it? No. We beat Ohio State by 18, yet lost to Wisconsin by 20. We didn't have a field goal the final 10 minutes or so of the first half of the State game. Do you think the selection committee cares about that? No. They're gonna only look at that score.

As fans, we watch every game. The selection committee doesn't watch these games like that. They might watch one or two of these, but their crunching numbers and then watching tourney games. A 20 point loss to a Wisconsin, in Wisconsin, in early December, isn't as big of a deal as long as they make the tournament.

No.

When selection Sunday comes, we don't have a bad loss if Wisconsin or Rutgers make the dance. We don't have that, "what happened there" loss that we've had in the past.

Do you think the selection committee is gonna look at every team and say, they lost so and so game by 20, we're they ever in it? No. We beat Ohio State by 18, yet lost to Wisconsin by 20. We didn't have a field goal the final 10 minutes or so of the first half of the State game. Do you think the selection committee cares about that? No. They're gonna only look at that score.

As fans, we watch every game. The selection committee doesn't watch these games like that. They might watch one or two of these, but their crunching numbers and then watching tourney games. A 20 point loss to a Wisconsin, in Wisconsin, in early December, isn't as big of a deal as long as they make the tournament.
You'll get your bad loss Saturday night.

I don't give a shit about your posting history or his. If this board had any moderators that were semi-conscious they would delete all the BS back and forth crap that happens between two posters that have more time on their hands than common sense. But the moderators here suck and the board continues its downward spiral as people lose interest in coming here. Use the ignore button and get on with your life. No one gives a crap about your feud and who started it.

Ordy has had many usernames here after being banned many times for bad behavior dating way back to IUDanapoint etc. He was most recently Prankster Mary.

He swore he would never respond to another of my posts about 650 replies ago. Laughably living in his head for three years.

I gave him the opportunity to tell the truth just once about this and he can't do it. Once a weal person...always a weak person.

lol,

Yes or no?

Ordy has had many usernames here after being banned many times for bad behavior dating way back to IUDanapoint etc. He was most recently Prankster Mary.

He swore he would never respond to another of my posts about 650 replies ago. Laughably living in his head for three years.

I gave him the opportunity to tell the truth just once about this and he can't do it. Once a weal person...always a weak person.
I know he’s PranksterMary and he’s lying when he says he’s not. He’s used the exact same phrases, word for word, several times under both names. His style is unique too and they’re identical. It’s amazingly cowardly for him to deny it, but it’s what I expect from him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT