ADVERTISEMENT

In thinking this team will be in the NCAAT

I also think that some of you will be very unhappy about that.
Not true. But I'm not ready to proclaim we are in until I see how we do these next two road games. We will have to win one or two on the road.

Not true. But I'm not ready to proclaim we are in until I see how we do these next two road games. We will have to win one or two on the road.
I didn't single anyone out in particular. To deny that there are some who will be disappointed by a tourney invite is disingenuous.

Last edited:
Reactions: limestonecowboy
I enjoyed todays game a lot...took my 3 kids w me and Sat in L13. My daughter said it was the best game so far that she’s been to, so that makes it a great day for me!

Archie was animated as can be today, pounding the table at Armon F for something...
We faced a 15-1 scoring run to close the first half...

But another B10 win...and each win gets us closer to the tourney.

Winning is the priority.

It’s pretty simple. If they’re .500 or above in league play they will. If not, they won’t.

I think you and a few others here will celebrate a tournament berth in the same way some of us used to celebrate Big 10 and NCAA championships. Times, and IU basketball, have certainly changed.

maybe but it does seem like IU has to start making the tourney regularly again before we start sizing up banners. but I get “process” isn’t a big thing with internet coaches.

I also think that some of you will be very unhappy about that.

Maybe. I’ll be unhappy (annoyed is a better word choice) if we make the tourney as a 11 seed and lose in the first round. I’m not sure why any IU fan would be happy with that result. To each their own.

Last edited:
Maybe. I’ll be unhappy (annoyed is a better adjective) if we make the tourney as a 11 seed and lose in the first round. I’m not sure why any IU fan would be happy with that result. To each their own.
I hear ya, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with setting markers, arbitrary or not. i for one think the tournament is one of those markers. in year three you should make the tournament, irrespective of circumstances. if miller doesn't, he should be fired. if he does, great, on to the next year. today was great and should quiet members of the peanut gallery like myself.

I hear ya, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with setting markers, arbitrary or not. i for one think the tournament is one of those markers. in year three you should make the tournament, irrespective of circumstances. if miller doesn't, he should be fired. if he does, great, on to the next year. today was great and should quiet members of the peanut gallery like myself.

I agree. My arbitrary marker is a little higher than just making the tourney this year. I think we have enough talent to be a top 25ish team. The Big Ten has a lot of solid teams, but it’s looking like only MSU is elite. We can compete with everyone else.

I agree. My arbitrary marker is a little higher than just making the tourney this year. I think we have enough talent to be a top 25ish team. The Big Ten has a lot of solid teams, but it’s looking like only MSU is elite. We can compete with everyone else.

I’ve been saying it consistently all year. We should easily make the tourney as (around) a six seed or better. This should be a top 25 team, and perhaps we will be soon. Yes, the b10 is tough in that ever team except 2 are good teams. I think we have a legitimate shot to go 3-1 over our next four, or possibly even 4-0.

I think you and a few others here will celebrate a tournament berth in the same way some of us used to celebrate Big 10 and NCAA championships. Times, and IU basketball, have certainly changed.

then your thoughts would be misguided.as.they pertain to me. I would be pleased that there's been some progress made. The 73 FF team through the perfect season occurred during my Jr high and High School days. I was at IU for the 81 season. I can recognize the difference between those accomplishments and a tournament invite this season.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
I’ve been saying it consistently all year. We should easily make the tourney as (around) a six seed or better. This should be a top 25 team, and perhaps we will be soon. Yes, the b10 is tough in that ever team except 2 are good teams. I think we have a legitimate shot to go 3-1 over our next four, or possibly even 4-0.

The next 6 games are a very difficult stretch. I’ll be happy if we go 3-3 during it.

says the dude who didn’t think Brunk would contribute this year. Lol. Poop-tinted glasses are a bitch.
I never said that. I said he wouldn’t be the savior many were expecting. And I think that’s been proven.

I think we make the tourney, but that's mostly me just not being able to stomach another year missing it. I've also said before if Archie can't fix it, I'm not sure anyone can.
Bahaha...so you are saying the fate and hopes of IU hoops all lay at the hands of Archie!?!?!?

LOL. When the going gets tough break out the hyperbole. How many were claiming he was going be a savior? A million,1, a million and 1?
Living in Dayton, watching Archie Miller do very well here, I recommended on here that he be given a close look. Maybe he would make the semifinal cut and be in the top 3 of potential hires at Indiana.

For a mid-major university, Dayton, Archie Miller took Brian Gregory's empty cupboard of players and kept building "Archie's Team." I loved his defensive thoughts and when he got long basketball players they excelled relative to others in the conference. One could see that he made adjustments during the year and in games. His tactics for in-bounds plays worked. And the teams were better than the sum of their parts. Players developed year to year. Teams got better throughout the year. The team is more important than any one player. They won their conference and did as well as Dayton has done back to back as ever has been accomplished. (With the exception of '67 when Donoher and Dayton got into the final game of the NCAAT.} Miller appeared smart as a whip, was not one to BS, and appeared clean. That is all one could ask at that time.

Whether that transfers to the B1G, no one knows, but why not? He has had assistant coach jobs in places like Arizona and Ohio State. And while at Dayton, they had challenges which always ended, it seemed, when Archie asks each player to state what do they want out of the season and their time at the university and how they propose to accomplish their goals...in front of the other players.

I was slightly surprised but pleased that he was offered the job as HC at IU. But, all things considered, I believed then and I still do that he will excel at IU. I don't have a clue whether he will be able to hang a banner or multiple banners at IU when IU next wins the NCAAT. But, I don't see why not.

He has been climbing out of the hole that others gave him to climb out of. He is not a magician. He is more of a tactician. Players respond to him...well those that want to work at basketball. He has built lots of goodwill inside of Indiana with respect to recruiting. He does need to get a few from outside that fit his team strategy. I envision that IU will go from impulse to Warp speed real soon. His key is having a PG that is tops in the B1G and a team of long basketball workers. Then IU will really click. Maybe. I hope so.

They just need everyone pulling in the same direction. And hit free throws and even a few more 3's. Keep defending each possession. They will compete at or near the top of the B1G almost every year.

Last edited:
Living in Dayton, watching Archie Miller do very well here, I recommended on here that he be given a close look. Maybe he would make the semifinal cut and be in the top 3 of potential hires at Indiana.

For a mid-major university, Dayton, Archie Miller took Brian Gregory's empty cupboard of players and kept building "Archie's Team." I loved his defensive thoughts and when he got long basketball players they excelled relative to others in the conference. One could see that he made adjustments during the year and in games. His tactics for in-bounds plays worked. And the teams were better than the sum of their parts. Players developed year to year. Teams got better throughout the year. The team is more important than any one player. They won their conference and did as well as Dayton has done back to back as ever has been accomplished. (With the exception of '67 when Donoher and Dayton got into the final game of the NCAAT.} Miller appeared smart as a whip, was not one to BS, and appeared clean. That is all one could ask at that time.

Whether that transfers to the B1G, no one knows, but why not? He has had assistant coach jobs in places like Arizona and Ohio State. And while at Dayton, they had challenges which always ended, it seemed, when Archie asks each player to state what do they want out of the season and their time at the university and how they propose to accomplish their goals...in front of the other players.

I was slightly surprised but pleased that he was offered the job as HC at IU. But, all things considered, I believed then and I still do that he will excel at IU. I don't have a clue whether he will be able to hang a banner or multiple banners at IU when IU next wins the NCAAT. But, I don't see why not.

He has been climbing out of the hole that others gave him to climb out of. He is not a magician. He is more of a tactician. Players respond to him...well those that want to work at basketball. He has built lots of goodwill inside of Indiana with respect to recruiting. He does need to get a few from outside that fit his team strategy. I envision that IU will go from impulse to Warp speed real soon. His key is having a PG that is tops in the B1G and a team of long basketball workers. Then IU will really click. Maybe. I hope so.

They just need everyone pulling in the same direction. And hit free throws and even a few more 3's. Keep defending each possession. They will compete at or near the top of the B1G almost every year.
Every IU fan here in Dayton has similar thoughts about him. Also, Dayton fans think those that have given up on Miller at IU are stupid. That's saying it as nicely as I can say it.

You said Brunk would be another Fitzner.

Good call.
He was wrong about TJD, too. At very least he's equal to Morgan but I'd say he's playing better. With TJD the interior D is much better and TJD also does a much better job of drawing fouls while fouling less himself.

PPG: Morgan 15.5, TJD 14.8
RPG: Morgan 8.2, TJD 8.0
BLK: Morgan 1.1, TJD 2.1
FTA: Morgan 3.9, TJD 6.2
TOV: Morgan 1.9, TJD 1.3
PER: Morgan 27.8, TJD 31.3

A bunch of other stats are basically equal, with Morgan having slightly more assists per game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT