ADVERTISEMENT

In the NFL

Don't get over to the football board often, but I can tell you the Carolina Panthers are very high on Ian Thomas. Throughout training camp, if there was 1 name that was consistently being mentioned as a pleasant surprise, it was Thomas. The general feeling is that they believe they have their eventual replacement for Greg Olsen! Big shoes to fill, but wanted to share the update if it hasn't been discussed.

Don't get over to the football board often, but I can tell you the Carolina Panthers are very high on Ian Thomas. Throughout training camp, if there was 1 name that was consistently being mentioned as a pleasant surprise, it was Thomas. The general feeling is that they believe they have their eventual replacement for Greg Olsen! Big shoes to fill, but wanted to share the update if it hasn't been discussed.

All, I don't know if anyone is aware, but Thomas' minutes are about to jump considerably. Greg Olsen reinjured his foot in the first game and is going to be out for several games, and so Ian Thomas is currently the starting tight end for the Carolina Panthers.

And, I think they'll use him a bit, as Cam Newton has always relied on his tight end. They continue to heap praise on him. Don't be surprised if he gets his first NFL TD in the next few weeks. I'll almost be more surprised if he doesn't! Not bad for a 4th rd draft pick. Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
It's hard to believe that Saffold is still in the league. He's had an unusually long NFL career, and an outstanding career, too. He should retire and enjoy his wealth.

I like reading about these Hoosier pros.

Reactions: 76-1 and snowling
It's hard to believe that Saffold is still in the league. He's had an unusually long NFL career, and an outstanding career, too. He should retire and enjoy his wealth.

I like reading about these Hoosier pros.
on the other end of the spectrum, spriggs is a bust in green bay. will be out of the league soon

ADVERTISEMENT