ADVERTISEMENT

In crunch time who should handle the ball?

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
And who should take the last shot?

Yeah, I have no idea either. It's not about courage to take the shot. It's about the skill to create and make the shot. And it is not on this roster.

Yeah, I have no idea either. It's not about courage to take the shot. It's about the skill to create and make the shot. And it is not on this roster.
Nope, we have no playmakers. But everyone we play seems to.

My answer is that a last possession play should run with ball movement particularly moving without the ball to get open. I don't care which guard handles the ball because I want them to pass instead of dribble around.

Rob or Geronimo for the last shot.

By the way, Durr and Duncomb are both decent shooters. Race has improved his shot. Geronimo has a nice mid range J. Stewart can shoot within the offense but I don't want him putting the ball on the floor.

If we need a bucket, I’d love to have Edwards.

if we are up, and the other team is going to foul, give me Alford.

If we're going to run stuff similar to what we have, with the same guys on the court...

Then I'd say dump it down to Trayce on the right block, and then space/clear out. Let him work, and try to get middle. And if people collapse on him, hope that he makes the right read and passes it well to the right person.

If this question was open to them playing anyone, and running any style offense...I'd say put Trayce and Race in each short corner. Then do some sort of dribble handoff action with Xavier and Trey, and then have Parker spotting up opposite wing.

That should give Xavier or Trey, whoever ends up making the move towards the basket, plenty of room in the middle of the court to get into the lane. At that point, if there's help off either big, dump it down to them. If Parker's man collapses instead, kick it out to him. If there isn't much help, both Trey and Xavier are capable finishers at the rim, and both are decent free throw shooters should they draw fouls.

You could insert Tamar for Trey in this situation too. I just think Trey is a little stronger right now with the ball. Tamar does bring more of an outside shooting threat advantage though.

If and when Rob comes back, he'd be another guy to use in those dribble action roles.

We don't have a single player on our team that we can "1-4 flat" with and have any confidence they'll be able to make winning plays.

If we're going to run stuff similar to what we have, with the same guys on the court...

Then I'd say dump it down to Trayce on the right block, and then space/clear out.

Nah. Opponents would foul him and and at best he would make one of two.

Reactions: SoccerSammy

Anyone but X...he is a turnover waiting to happen or throws up same type of circus type shot trying to be a hero.

That's the best and easiest answer, it is definitely NOT anyone on this roster. There needs to be a major purge of Archue culture.Players that are just happy to be here need to go, we need more players that want to go and aren't just happy to have to spend their time in college, The happy to be here stuff is called the walk on players, but we start players with that attitude and their stupid social media BS and NIL wishes. I think it;s a bunch of crap and we need players that have talent and want to showcase it on the court vs. Facebook or whatever the hell they try to advertise themselves on

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT