ADVERTISEMENT

In 1994 Johnny Cash and is whole family played the Vogue for $45. Guns and Roses is asking for $400

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
The inflation in ticket prices has increased so much faster than in most industries. I think I blame corporate greed and monopolies for this happening. I’m sorry I’m not about to pay over $2000 to take a family of 5. I’m sure there’s cheaper seats, but there were none to be found at 12:00pm when non presale seats went on sale. Honestly I don’t give a **** about fat Axel.

The inflation in ticket prices has increased so much faster than in most industries. I think I blame corporate greed and monopolies for this happening. I’m sorry I’m not about to pay over $2000 to take a family of 5. I’m sure there’s cheaper seats, but there were none to be found at 12:00pm when non presale seats went on sale. Honestly I don’t give a **** about fat Axel.
Don Henley and Glenn Frey ..

And it's spelled As'l and pronounced Asshole..

Reactions: Eppy99
I would pay it if:

- I was seated front and center in front of Slash.
- After the show Slash took me back stage and showed me his settings on his Marshall.
- Steven Adler was there with a sack of blow and couldn't wait to share it with me and the band.
- I had a driver home.

Reactions: sluggo69
No1HuKR.jpg

Don Henley and Glenn Frey ..

And it's spelled As'l and pronounced Asshole..

I remember the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over Tour - I was living in Raleigh NC and would have liked to seen them at Walnut Creek. Can't remember the exact numbers, but they were wanting something like $125 for a decent seat when most good concerts were about $40-50. I decided they really didn't need my money and I really didn't need to see them. I'm fine with a guy wanting to make a buck, but they took concert tickets a quantum leap forward with that tour. Haven't really felt the same about them since.

I remember the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over Tour - I was living in Raleigh NC and would have liked to seen them at Walnut Creek. Can't remember the exact numbers, but they were wanting something like $125 for a decent seat when most good concerts were about $40-50. I decided they really didn't need my money and I really didn't need to see them. I'm fine with a guy wanting to make a buck, but they took concert tickets a quantum leap forward with that tour. Haven't really felt the same about them since.
Concerts up to 94 in a major arena were 20 to 30 dollars. And that included a 3 dollar ticketmaster surcharge.

It wasn't the first time Henley and Frey did that shit. They raised prices of their albums by a dollar twice in the 70's and they also raised gate prices more than once before the HFO tour.

Don't blame the Artists for the prices of tickets, It's free enterprise. If people weren't willing to pay the prices, they wouldn't charge that price, or their tour production would drown in red ink. The other aspect is this unholy alliance between Ticket Issuers and Ticket Brokers. Somehow these brokerage firms are just lucky enough to obtain a large number of prime seats at initial price and then turn around and sell them at inflated prices.

The easy solution. Don't buy tickets to concerts, nobody will tour, and there will be no such thing as a ticket or ticket price.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT