ADVERTISEMENT

impressed with IU football

Jan 4, 2015
Average UT teams embarrassed Iowa, Northwestern and Nebraska in our last three bowl games. The speed and skill disparity was evident then.

It was not so today. There’s more parity than 5 years ago. We saw that with Minnesota and Auburn last night; we saw it tonight also.

Vols were very fortunate to win. I expected going in that we had a decisive talent advantage. While that may be true, IU game planned and executed well enough to win. This was not UT’s best ball, but IU had a lot to do with that.

It’s hard not to like Allen. What IU accomplished in 2019 is impressive, and the next few years look even more promising given the players you return.

Last edited:
You have to remember we played without 2 of our 3 senior offensive linemen. A backup quarterback that I would take all day long. What a fighter!!! We were missing our starting running back. Finally lost one of our main weapons for a period time and was not 100% most of the game. If it was not for a few mental lapses late by players and coaches late. And 2 missed kicks we would have won. I love the direction the program is going.

You have to remember we played without 2 of our 3 senior offensive linemen. A backup quarterback that I would take all day long. What a fighter!!! We were missing our starting running back. Finally lost one of our main weapons for a period time and was not 100% most of the game. If it was not for a few mental lapses late by players and coaches late. And 2 missed kicks we would have won. I love the direction the program is going.

Very reasonable post to yes, a disappointing loss tonight.

and the VOLS were missing players as well and without some missed QB opportunities in the first half would have won the game going away. The point is it is football and woulda shoulda coulda doesn’t really hold water.

Average UT teams embarrassed Iowa, Northwestern and Nebraska in our last three bowl games. The speed and skill disparity was evident then.

It was not so today. There’s more parity than 5 years ago. We saw that with Minnesota and Auburn last night; we saw it tonight also.

Vols were very fortunate to win. I expected going in that we had a decisive talent advantage. While that may be true, IU game planned and executed well enough win. This was not UT’s best ball, but IU had a lot to do with that.

It’s hard not to like Allen. What IU accomplished in 2019 is impressive, and the next few years look even more promising given the players you return.
Hate to say it but these posts are actually making it slightly easier. Worst loss I can remember for any Indiana team.

and the VOLS were missing players as well and without some missed QB opportunities in the first half would have won the game going away. The point is it is football and woulda shoulda coulda doesn’t really hold water.
Mmmmm....win going away?? Might have won but that game was going down to wire.
We also missed a few opportunities to put it away.

ADVERTISEMENT