ADVERTISEMENT

Important Week

Charlesroast

Freshman
Aug 4, 2013
This coming week is important for the 2019 season IMO. While 7-7 is not what we would have liked, 9-5 was probably about what we could hope for. However, where this team ends up will be greatly impacted by what happens after this week when conference play begins.

I hope to see:
1. Signs that Kaletha, Fineman, and Bradley can begin to get out of their slumps at the plate. Their careers stats say they are much better hitters than their current averages indicate.
2. At least some game action for Richardson, Holtz, and Bridges. We could use some more outfield flexibility, IMO, and there are no indications of when of if Dunham returns this year. (In turn Ashley could plug in at 2nd) Each one of these guys has exhibited offensive skills, though not at this level. This week should provide a chance to see them in game action.
3. We are carrying a lot of pitchers on the 35 man roster. Of course no knowledge of the health/availability of all of them but we haven’t seen lefties Busald & Dunkleberger, nor Brown who drew some positive pre-season mention. We have guys with good stuff, who have control had control issues. Would like to see the little used arms get a view, and some of the control guys given the ball and told ‘I don’t intend to come out to get you, don’t make me’. 36 innings with Canisus should give us some opportunities for both.

I believe this team is not as far away as some fear. I hope this week gets us on a positive path for Iowa and the rest.

Reactions: snowling and RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT