ADVERTISEMENT

Impeachment

News to me. Where are you seeing this?

Rumors and whispers, that's all at this point. Will see if anything comes of it. Would expect the censure idea gets floated though the media and see how it flushes out.

Last edited:
Maybe we'll hear from Don McGahn as well?

"Former White House counsel Donald McGahn, a key figure with firsthand knowledge of President Donald Trump's alleged efforts to short-circuit the Mueller investigation, must testify before Congress, a federal judge ruled Monday.

The ruling, which is sure to be appealed, affirms Congress' role in providing a check on executive power and rejects the White House's claims of absolute immunity.

U.S. District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson said the president "does not have the power" to prevent his aides from responding to congressional subpoenas on the basis of absolute immunity.

"Today, this Court adds that this conclusion is inescapable precisely because compulsory appearance by dint of a subpoena is a legal construct, not a political one, and per the Constitution, no one is above the law," Jackson wrote in a lengthy ruling issued late Monday.

"Stated simply, the primary takeaway from the past 250 years of recorded American history is that Presidents are not kings," Jackson wrote. "This means they do not have subjects, bound by loyalty or blood, whose destiny they are entitled to control."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-white-house-counsel-donald-225759038.html

So much obstruction from a single "innocent" man? Care to offer an explanation of why Trump was so adamant that McGahn not testify (and provide evidence of his "innocence")? I mean doesn't Trump want all the FACTS to come out? :rolleyes:

If McGhan doesn't testify because a president can prevent Congress from exercising it's Constitutional standing as a co-equal branch then we might as well allow any president with a favorable Supreme Court to ignore the Constitution.

A favorable Supreme Court being one with a majority favoring the unitary executive theory. Cannot help but think a GOP president has this majority. Now this scary. What has happened to all those Pubs who demanded a Constitution as written?

Rumors and whispers, that's all at this point. Will see if anything comes of it. Would expect the censure idea gets floated though the media and see how it flushes out.
It's not that I've not heard any discussion of censure, but what I've seen appears to be idle musing. I've not heard it spoken of as a serious possibility.

It's not that I've not heard any discussion of censure, but what I've seen appears to be idle musing. I've not heard it spoken of as a serious possibility.

Trump will be impeached. 100%.

50% of the public is a go on impeachment and removal from office:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/26/politics/cnn-poll-impeachment-views/index.html

Reuters/Ipsos poll released today shows a gradual increase in pro-Impeachment sentiment in the same poll thru before televised hearings to after the 2nd week...

"Public support for impeaching President Donald Trump has tracked steadily higher over the past few weeks while a U.S. House of Representatives committee held a series of televised impeachment hearings, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Tuesday.

The latest poll, conducted on Monday and Tuesday, found that 47% of adults in the United States felt Trump "should be impeached," while 40% said he should not.

The result, combined with Reuters/Ipsos polling over the past several weeks, showed that the number of Americans who want to impeach the president increasingly outnumbers those who do not.

Just before the hearings started on Nov. 13, the Reuters/Ipsos poll found that "net support" for impeachment, which is the difference between the number who support impeachment and the number who oppose, was 3 percentage points.

That increased to 4 points after the first week of hearings, and then to 5 points as the second week of hearings started. The latest poll shows that net support for impeachment is now at 7 points."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/net-support-impeachment-grew-steadily-230701181.html

Reactions: DrHoops
Message for 40% of America

The most selfless man on Earth, it should warm the cockles of your heart:

"The D.C. Wolves" sound like a shitty minor league baseball team.

Or a shitty minor league hockey team?

CW-SEASON-JERSEY-MONTAGE.jpg

Message for 40% of America

The most selfless man on Earth, it should warm the cockles of your heart:

"The D.C. Wolves" sound like a shitty minor league baseball team.

Reactions: sglowrider
Last edited:
Reactions: kobis18
As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow....

Trump Denies Sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden Probe
Donald Trump denied directing Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine to look for dirt on his political rivals, in an interview with former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

“No, I didn’t direct him, but he is a warrior, he is a warrior,” Trump told O’Reilly in an interview streamed on the internet on Tuesday.

Giuliani has said publicly that he conducted an investigation “concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption” on Trump’s behalf.

Asked by O’Reilly what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine, Trump said “you have to ask that to Rudy.”

“Rudy has other clients, other than me,” the president added. “He’s done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years.”

And yet....

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Seriously folks.... we are dealing with grade school level criminals here. How dumb are these people?

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid
As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow....

Trump Denies Sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden Probe
Donald Trump denied directing Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine to look for dirt on his political rivals, in an interview with former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

“No, I didn’t direct him, but he is a warrior, he is a warrior,” Trump told O’Reilly in an interview streamed on the internet on Tuesday.

Giuliani has said publicly that he conducted an investigation “concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption” on Trump’s behalf.

Asked by O’Reilly what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine, Trump said “you have to ask that to Rudy.”

“Rudy has other clients, other than me,” the president added. “He’s done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years.”

And yet....

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Seriously folks.... we are dealing with grade school level criminals here. How dumb are these people?
They are criminally dumb.
But they are still infinitely brighter than their supporters and apparently that's all that matters.

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/3/20896869/trump-biden-ukraine-2016-letter-portman-johnson

Can Trump supporters read this? It seems to absolutely destroy any sad argument you're all still attempting to cling to, accusing Joe Biden of corruption

Trump is scum, the GOP has taken on Trump's scum as well, but Biden is corrupt as hell as well, and the DNC and their media arms playing see no evil hear no evil on him, hurts their credibility.

the other primary candidates have basically given him a pass for now and left the topic alone, while the Dem media has been far less than candid on this, as he was their great hope.

that Bloomberg got in tells you he knows it's only a matter of time before the corruption thing catches up with Biden.

would be great for the party if Biden would bow out before things blow up on him, and sooner or later the other candidates quit giving him a pass when he's been corrupt as hell, and things get ugly.

This nails Trumps “defense” that the aid was ultimately released. He was briefed on the WB complaint 2 weeks before the release. He ordered the release because he got caught. It’s exactly what we all knew, but cuts off another bull shit argument for the Trumpers.

Trump is scum, the GOP has taken on Trump's scum as well, but Biden is corrupt as hell as well, and the DNC and their media arms playing see no evil hear no evil on him, hurts their credibility.

the other primary candidates have basically given him a pass for now and left the topic alone, while the Dem media has been far less than candid on this, as he was their great hope.

that Bloomberg got in tells you he knows it's only a matter of time before the corruption thing catches up with Biden.

would be great for the party if Biden would bow out before things blow up on him, and sooner or later the other candidates quit giving him a pass when he's been corrupt as hell, and things get ugly.

"Biden is corrupt as hell"? Can you provide links,actual LINKS and not some revisionist characterization of Biden celebrating doing HIS JOB to support that contention? There are Real Time facts available from the Time in Question that show Biden in firing Shokin was acting as a designated representative of Bi lateral US policy, and the support of the British (and other NATO) Govts, as well as the IMF.

It's like you're channeling Lindsey Graham with his "we're not going to have a country where only one side gets investigated" BS. The same Lindsey who during Whitewater said (when urging the Impeachment of a Democratic President)...

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” the politician said. “Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

If you allow Trump to play to your cynicism and smear Biden for doing what he was supposed to do in firing Shokin, then you allow him to get away with turning the Presidency into his own personal fiefdom. At this point, I don't even care that he will likely not be removed by his Senate enablers. I just want him to have the stain of being Impeached on his record (and his ego) as a badge of honor that history will record how we stood up to his attempts to subvert the office for his own pleasure. Future generations need to know that not all of the American people were acquiescent in this abomination of an "Administration"...

This nails Trumps “defense” that the aid was ultimately released. He was briefed on the WB complaint 2 weeks before the release. He ordered the release because he got caught. It’s exactly what we all knew, but cuts off another bull shit argument for the Trumpers.

Yes, it’s been said that the whistleblower might’ve actually saved him. Who knows when or if they were going to release the funds, but what is clear is that they weren’t motivated to until they appeared to be caught. However, it’s still illegal for the executive branch to withhold funds that were appropriated by the legislative branch. .

What makes you think that Trump supporters can read? If they can, they wouldn't be supporting Trump, the hollowest man on earth!
You’re turning into SHF with these snarky and witless posts. You and I aren’t Trump supporters, but others are, and they can obviously read.

Reactions: Lucy01
You’re turning into SHF with these snarky and witless posts. You and I aren’t Trump supporters, but others are, and they can obviously read.
A first grader maybe able to read some words. But if the adult reads at a first grade level they are unable to critically think about what they've read. They are functionally illiterate compared to their peers.

I don't think it's so much that some people can't read,as it is they choose NOT to read. I can't tell you how often I see comments posted regarding articles on political forums, which by their content show that the person did not even read beyond the title. Yet they have no problem posting comments about what they chose not to read...

A perfect example is the tape of Biden "celebrating" at the CFR event, where common sense tells you he wouldn't be acknowledging an illegal action on his part. Just reading the actual transcript demonstrates that (as usual) Trump took something widely out of context and portrayed it as something completely different than it actually was. Not to mention the reporting/ accounts from the time, available thru doing a basic google search.

But the fact that Trump is able to successfully do this time and time again shows he knows his supporters and what they will willingly allow him to get away with. I thought his statement about "shooting someone in broad daylight" was ridiculous at the time. But now I see that it just demonstrates how well Trump knows his hardcore base...At this point, these hardcore supporters have all the characteristics of being part of a "cult of personality"...

They comprehend what they want to comprehend. Everyone does that to an extent, but the hard core Trumpsters have taken that to another level.
It is worth talking about what other level things are being taken too. Currently folks like Rick Perry are publicly saying that Trump is the "chosen one". That is, Trump is a messiah. Other evangelists are saying that those who oppose Trump are "demonic". These "religious" followers are prepping and being prepped for holy war. They are hungering for apocalypse. If they get a chance they will murder people like me...and then, if people like you object, they will murder you too. There is no analog to this on the left, let alone among Democrats broadly.

"Biden is corrupt as hell"? Can you provide links,actual LINKS and not some revisionist characterization of Biden celebrating doing HIS JOB to support that contention? There are Real Time facts available from the Time in Question that show Biden in firing Shokin was acting as a designated representative of Bi lateral US policy, and the support of the British (and other NATO) Govts, as well as the IMF.

It's like you're channeling Lindsey Graham with his "we're not going to have a country where only one side gets investigated" BS. The same Lindsey who during Whitewater said (when urging the Impeachment of a Democratic President)...

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” the politician said. “Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

If you allow Trump to play to your cynicism and smear Biden for doing what he was supposed to do in firing Shokin, then you allow him to get away with turning the Presidency into his own personal fiefdom. At this point, I don't even care that he will likely not be removed by his Senate enablers. I just want him to have the stain of being Impeached on his record (and his ego) as a badge of honor that history will record how we stood up to his attempts to subvert the office for his own pleasure. Future generations need to know that not all of the American people were acquiescent in this abomination of an "Administration"...

if you can't add 2 + 2, that's on you.

and where did i bring up anything about the firing?

These "religious" followers are prepping and being prepped for holy war. They are hungering for apocalypse. If they get a chance they will murder people like me...and then, if people like you object, they will murder you too.

You really believe this?

Now we know why Trump made sure to add the phrase "No quid pro quo" when speaking to Sondland. Aside from the fact that he probably had no idea what it means, we now know that he got it from the WB complaint, and used it to retroactively attempt to insulate himself against allegations that were not yet public knowledge. I'll say this for him, he is a conniving SOB...

I mean seriously the dude says things like "bigly" and "a lot of people say"... Does anyone with any portion of a brain honestly feel he would be capable of interjecting a phrase like "no quid pro quo" into a conversation without prior coaching by a legal team?

Last edited:
It is worth talking about what other level things are being taken too. Currently folks like Rick Perry are publicly saying that Trump is the "chosen one". That is, Trump is a messiah. Other evangelists are saying that those who oppose Trump are "demonic". These "religious" followers are prepping and being prepped for holy war. They are hungering for apocalypse. If they get a chance they will murder people like me...and then, if people like you object, they will murder you too. There is no analog to this on the left, let alone among Democrats broadly.
I seriously doubt all that.

Oh my. We've got a crazy one

This organisation (TruNews) was given press credentials by the White House, and Trump's actually taken questions from them: Warning --- particularly vile.

The Far Right is as bad as the Far Left?

Good luck 'Merica!

I seriously doubt all that.
In early 2016 you would have seriously doubted a great deal that has come to pass including the election of Trump in the first place as well as the complete capitulation by Republican elites to Trump. Authoritarian governments typically murder lots of their own citizens. Trump, explicitly, admires those types of authoritarians. He talks them up.

In early 2016 you would have seriously doubted a great deal that has come to pass including the election of Trump in the first place as well as the complete capitulation by Republican elites to Trump. Authoritarian governments typically murder lots of their own citizens. Trump, explicitly, admires those types of authoritarians. He talks them up.
You’re being dismissed as too extreme, and I’m being dismissed as too assholish, but neither of us was saying anything like what we’re saying now during the Bush administration, for example. I never said or thought that GWB was a Russian stooge. I never said or thought that GWB was a sociopath. I never said or thought that GWB was corrupt. I never said or thought that GWB was a racist. I never said or thought that GWB was abusing his office for personal benefit. I never said or thought that Bushism was a form of fascism. I never imagined GWB as anything other than a conventional American President that I wanted out of office.

But today I say all those worst things about Trump, and I mean them. Either people like you and I are crazy, or his supporters are, because someone has lost his f#cking mind.

I don’t think it’s us.

You’re being dismissed as too extreme, and I’m being dismissed as too assholish, but neither of us was saying anything like what we’re saying now during the Bush administration, for example. I never said or thought that GWB was a Russian stooge. I never said or thought that GWB was a sociopath. I never said or thought that GWB was corrupt. I never said or thought that GWB was a racist. I never said or thought that GWB was abusing his office for personal benefit. I never said or thought that Bushism was a form of fascism. I never imagined GWB as anything other than a conventional American President that I wanted out of office.

But today I say all those worst things about Trump, and I mean them. Either people like you and I are crazy, or his supporters are, because someone has lost his f#cking mind.

I don’t think it’s us.
Wait, you mean 9-11 wasn't an inside job?

I don’t think it’s us.

and yet reality is, GWB perpetrated the most "impeachable" act any president can perpetrate

should have been impeached, and should be in prison. (even if not legally viable).

and for all Trump's lies, all of them put together pale in comparison to the harm they did when compared to GWB's primary lie.

we let GWB off way to easy for an unspeakable act.

one with horrible consequences even today.

all that doesn't make Trump any less vile and any less worthy of impeachment for his abuse of office and obstruction, but just sayin.

the Pub voters and GOP in general have certainly not distinguished themselves.

the difference between the situations, is that GWB wasn't publicly attacking the Dems all day every day, (many of whom were willing accomplices for political expediency), thus didn't get the push back that Trump does, who does attack all day every day with his non stop lies, and the fact that the Dems in DC don't share the blame today.

Last edited:

I don’t think it’s us.
Yeah...I have watched your transformation over all these years. Trump seems like something new but it seems more accurate to say that Trump simply brings out in the open what was always implicit in the GOP.

Trump seems like something new but it seems more accurate to say that Trump simply brings out in the open what was always implicit in the GOP.
No, he simply brings out the worst in them. This isn't the evil version of the Republican Party, they actually had a political ideology, were accountable (enough) and competent (enough). It's something worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT