ADVERTISEMENT

Impeachment

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001
it is getting ready to happen. The stock market is tanking as a result...

WaPo reports moderate Dems in Trump districts have shifted in the last day to support proceeding.

THE BIG IDEA: Several House Democrats facing tough reelection fights next year in districts that Donald Trump carried in 2016 are expressing openness to impeachment for the first time, a major tipping point that reflects their palpable outrage over the president’s purported conduct toward Ukraine and will intensify pressure on their colleagues who hold safer seats to follow suit.

The latest is freshman Rep. Haley Stevens of Michigan. She picked up an open seat in the Detroit suburbs last fall that Republicans had held for decades. Trump won the district three years ago by 4.4 percentage points. In a statement sent after 7 a.m., Stevens said she did not get to this point lightly – “but rather out of a sober obligation to stand up for the rule of law and our national security.”

“Over the last several days, I have been deeply alarmed by reports of serious abuse of power by President Trump,” Stevens wrote. “The President is alleged to have used the power of his office to pressure a foreign head of state for his own personal political gain. Furthermore, the Director of National Intelligence continues to illegally withhold information about this matter from Congress. If investigations confirm recent reports, these actions represent impeachable offences that threaten to undermine the integrity of our elections and jeopardize the balance of power within the federal government.”​

Reactions: MrBing and meridian
YES! I hope they move forward with this. It will help Trump get re-elected!

Do you really think impeachment proceedings will make him more popular with a majority of Americans? Sure, it will anger his base.

But I don't see how it's good for him with the critical middle-of-the-road voters. That's why it's so significant that many of the House Dems who represent those voters only shifted their opinions on proceeding in the last 24-48 hours. They see how Biden-gate is playing out with the people they represent.

It’s almost as if whistleblower is a legal term and not some Johnny Do-goodie-Woke term.
The procedures and protections of the statute are being defied by the administration. At what point do we realize we're going by the Marquis of Queensberry rules while Trump is using brass knuckles?

Senate passes unanimous resolution demanding whistleblower complaint

4:45 p.m.: The Republican-led Senate unanimously passed a resolution calling on the acting director of national intelligence to provide the whistleblower complaint to the intelligence committees.

The administration has so far refused to provide the complaint to Congress, saying the report does not constitute an "urgent threat" requiring congressional notification.

The upper chamber adopted the resolution introduced by Democratic Minority Leader Chuck Schumer by voice vote on Tuesday afternoon.

The resolution says the House and Senate Intelligence Committees "should be allowed to evaluate the complaint in a deliberate and bipartisan manner consistent with applicable statutes and processes in order to safeguard classified and sensitive information."​

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/t...up-over-trump-ukraine-call-live-updates-2019/

YES! I hope they move forward with this. It will help Trump get re-elected!

giphy.gif

The least disruptive and practical (given the GOP control of the Senate) is to "impeach" Trump by defeating him in the 2020 election.

I mention "disruptive" because Trump operates best in chaos. The impeachment process can be pure chaos.

Pelosi has it right.

Politico now reporting that Trump will release the whistleblower statement.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/24/white-house-whistleblower-complaint-release-1510341
Prepared and released by a graduate of the Rose Mary Woods School of Contortion and Transcription.
\
LOL. That's what I figure will be the case with the "transcript" of the phone call Trump says he'll release. But the whistleblower's original complaint may be trustworthy. The whistleblower himself can call bullshit once it's released if it's been altered.

Reactions: kobis18
Pelosi is a smart cookie.

Gets rid of Trump and Biden at the same time.

Could be? I can live with that outcome.

Same here. Let Joe take one for the team.

The Dems need to get rid of both. This will be fun to watch.

Are you three sane? The victim should withdraw because a psychotic megalomaniac has demand he be investigated? Is that the standard?

So the day after Biden withdraws, Trump calls for Harvard to investigate Warren, Warren must withdraw?

Talk about nuts...

\
LOL. That's what I figure will be the case with the "transcript" of the phone call Trump says he'll release. But the whistleblower's original complaint may be trustworthy. The whistleblower himself can call bullshit once it's released if it's been altered.

But the two magic words (national security) have already been invoked, we may never know the identity of the whistler or the contents of the report. Although, something changed Pelosi's mind about impeachment, I just hope she is well informed with something more than news stories or considerations of vulnerable House seats.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT