ADVERTISEMENT

Impeachment=Violence

25th would be the best result overall for everyone. The party now full of racist insurrectionists, religious grifters, frauds, criminals and crack pots once formally known as the GOP, brought in the trash, they should be the ones cleaning it up. Too little too late, but it would be a good message to send.

Reports tonight saying Pence not ruling it out. He must’ve seen the videos of the rubes looking for him and chanting, “Hang Pence”.

Cannot let this go unpunished or the future results may be worse. Allowing fear of violence by fringe elements of Trump addled Incelwaffen decide anything, is the same as negotiating with terrorists. F**k that ... fear is their goal.

The people who incited and funded this need to have long prison sentences. Trump needs to be removed for his part and hopefully indicted (he won't be but should).

Plus more importantly it puts him in the spotlight which may lesson his idiotic impulses to cause more chaos.

You don't let this go unpunished. You respond when Biden Admin is in charge of security forces. Right now it appears that these marauders are better organized than our authorities. I don't think it's fringe in numbers. We are talking about hundreds of thousands in a cult, many of whom have combat experience. They just scored the greatest propaganda victory possible. I do everything possible to avoid a battle at this time. If the authorities managed to lose control again we could be on the verge of a failed state.

Impeachment at this point is merely symbolic, but symbols have meaning. Impeach his ass, then let it die in the Senate. He will be forever referred to as "twice impeached President Trump".
The wife makes killer twice-impeached potatoes.

Impeachment is not happening. There is neither the time nor the political will to do so.

Invoking the 25th isn’t happening unless Trump goes off the rails over the next few days. I would agree with others here that it’s likely only for situations where the president is incapacitated.

Where does that leave us? I think Biden’s DOJ and the appropriate law enforcement agencies should focus on investigating and prosecuting all those involved with Wednesday’s bullshit. Next, Biden should speak to the public directly and issue a warning that anyone(left, right, whatever) attempting something similar will be met with force. PERIOD. Protest is fine. Rioting is not. And if you attempt to overtake a building like the Capitol you’ll be treated as what you are. An invader and a threat.

Time to drop the hammer on Trump and spend an hour or so to formulate a real defense plan against these fat hillbillies. They will be running for the Hillz in under a minute. The passive strategy is not working. They need to be demoralized.

Reactions: T.M.P.
You don't let this go unpunished. You respond when Biden Admin is in charge of security forces. Right now it appears that these marauders are better organized than our authorities. I don't think it's fringe in numbers. We are talking about hundreds of thousands in a cult, many of whom have combat experience. They just scored the greatest propaganda victory possible. I do everything possible to avoid a battle at this time. If the authorities managed to lose control again we could be on the verge of a failed state.

You know what’s actually a failed state? Refusing to enforce our laws because an armed mob is threatening the government.

You know what’s actually a failed state? Refusing to enforce our laws because an armed mob is threatening the government.
Exactly. F every last one of these idiots. The fact that it’s reached a point where they’re referred to as a “threat” is a national embarrassment

Reactions: DrHoops
I was honestly shocked that Wed was the first violent episode. Starting impeachment at this moment is insane unless you are unafraid of more people dying. I can't imagine what may befall this country in the event of an impeachment. There's a time and place for reckoning, but this ain't it.

House will impeach him this week, but calendar doesn't leave enough time for Senate to consider it.

Not impeaching is bending over to mob rule. And is not acceptable.

House will impeach him this week, but calendar doesn't leave enough time for Senate to consider it.

There is legal authority for completing impeachment after the officeholder leaves office.

Were you demanding the authorities immediately move to arrest those involved here?

They were strategically patient.

Do you actually trust the leadership of our security forces at this time? Trump has installed his cronies in multiple key spots. We can wait two weeks for justice.

I think I'm in your camp, as much as it pisses me off letting Trump get away with it. Especially when he was so over zealous on wanting to punish protestors and rioters.

But at this point, it might just be best to let it go, if nothing else to calm things down. But if I were Biden and Garland, I would privately call Trump and tell him to get his shit in order or else.

My only exception is if Trump would try to pardon the rioters. Then I'd go after him with everything I got.

There is a ton of karma going on right now.

For example there is currently an executive order for ten year prison sentences for rioters.

Kind of funny if supporting Trump got you ten years in jail because of Trump.

Did you see what happened on Wed? What happens when hundreds or thousands show up with arms on Jan 20 and are ready to use them? You think the authorities will have the upper hand? From what I saw Wed, I doubt it.

Start putting out messages that BLM will be there on the 20th. You better believe law enforcement will show up ready.

• Haha
Reactions: TommyCracker
I, as has been mentioned by others, would prefer the 25th being inacted.

That would at least show some solidarity with both parties and puts Trump and his supporters on an island as threats.

Can't see that happening so it's going to be left up to Pelosi to put on her supposed witch costume and spank the child.

That's a more dangerous path as far as reaction. We're already seeing a tiny window of sympathy from the social media bans (which crack me up that Cruz and Ingraham is crying free speech violations aimed at conservatives....while tweeting themselves. Nevermind they are publicly traded companies but I digress).

Regardless of the heightened danger, there needs to be a react. A public reaction and swiftly.

The functional enticement of the impeachment is it rids everyone of Trump. I actually think Trump being banned will be a good thing for the republican party.

There are also saying he could lose most of his post service benefits. Not sure on secret service but even I would be a bit leery to send him out into public life with no govt security. He'll be ripped to shreds.

That wouldn't be good for the country IMO.

The other question is the time needed. At first I was like there's no way it could get invoked in time but now I'm hearing discussions that you need a percent of the 'present' congress to convict.

Does that mean if a congress person decides to take that day off, then the percent needed is lowered?

That's an interesting thought.

Mainly, when you think of it, do you want Trump still getting national security briefings and stuff like that.

I sure as hell don't. Hell sell that on eBay as soon as he gets it. Lol

I expect thousands of armed personnel will be on hand to protect the new President, VP, former Presidents, Chief Justice Roberts, and any members of Congress on hand. No way they’re not prepared after what just happened and with the leaders of our government there.

Yep.

Impeachment at this point is merely symbolic, but symbols have meaning. Impeach his ass, then let it die in the Senate. He will be forever referred to as "twice impeached President Trump".

This is the best they can hope for at this point and I am fine with it.

Reactions: glmiu11
I, as has been mentioned by others, would prefer the 25th being inacted.

That would at least show some solidarity with both parties and puts Trump and his supporters on an island as threats.

Can't see that happening so it's going to be left up to Pelosi to put on her supposed witch costume and spank the child.

That's a more dangerous path as far as reaction. We're already seeing a tiny window of sympathy from the social media bans (which crack me up that Cruz and Ingraham is crying free speech violations aimed at conservatives....while tweeting themselves. Nevermind they are publicly traded companies but I digress).

Regardless of the heightened danger, there needs to be a react. A public reaction and swiftly.

The functional enticement of the impeachment is it rids everyone of Trump. I actually think Trump being banned will be a good thing for the republican party.

There are also saying he could lose most of his post service benefits. Not sure on secret service but even I would be a bit leery to send him out into public life with no govt security. He'll be ripped to shreds.

That wouldn't be good for the country IMO.

The other question is the time needed. At first I was like there's no way it could get invoked in time but now I'm hearing discussions that you need a percent of the 'present' congress to convict.

Does that mean if a congress person decides to take that day off, then the percent needed is lowered?

That's an interesting thought.

Mainly, when you think of it, do you want Trump still getting national security briefings and stuff like that.

I sure as hell don't. Hell sell that on eBay as soon as he gets it. Lol
The "heightened danger" you mentioned began at least as early as Jan. 4-5 when the Proud Bois started to arrive in D.C. and continues today. The right-wingers are promoting violence, confrontation or other activity on Inauguration Day.

All the above developed without any steps being taken to impeach. The right-wingers are already dangerously motivated without impeachment. Refraining from impeaching Trump won't make things any better.

Plus, impeachment remains the only practical redress and punishment for what Trump did. Not impeaching Trump lets him off with a free pass. The Constitution does not de-authorize impeachment in the last days of a Presidency -- as we've discussed, there is precedent to complete impeachment after an officeholder leaves office.

Did you see what happened on Wed? What happens when hundreds or thousands show up with arms on Jan 20 and are ready to use them? You think the authorities will have the upper hand? From what I saw Wed, I doubt it.
Let's hope the President can defang the truly militant protestors.

CNN is now reporting that Pence is not entirely ruling out using the 25th Amendment. I guess he’s seen the footage of Trump’s supporters chanting “hang Pence” and realizing they may have been coming for him.
Pence is unwelcome in his home state, which voted in favor of President Trump at nearly 70% .....
He needs a home...

Anyone need another backstabbing traitor in their neighborhood?

Lard ass absolutely must be held accountable for the insurrection he cultivated and enabled.

End of story.

I don't give a shit if he has 3 days left in office. Impeach the fahk.

Once he's out of office, do anything possible to imprison him.

If his inbred mouth breather supporters don't like it, let 'em come back to the Capitol and hopefully they'll get treated the same way BLM members would have been treated had they attacked and occupied the Capitol, injuring and killing police.

Mow these terrorists down in a hail of gunfire.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Did you see how they turned and ran when a single bullet was fired at one person? Did you see how upset they got over a little tear gas?

The violence was planned and incited by a small number of extremists. The rest missed that memo. Don’t propitiate to terrorists. We have professionals assigned to giving the criminals due process. Meanwhile, we continue into the future fearlessly.

Okay, fine. I just think it's a waste of time and in the longer run will hamper any attempts to move forward on dealing with the challenges we face. There will be plenty of time to hold Trump accountable. I'm fine with staining with with another impeachment, but thinking there's a chance at conviction is a fever dream.
Congress has had shitloads of time to do nothing under McConnell’s iron hand. Now you’re worried about time management?

All fair points. I still agree with toasted. I just think the cure is worse than the disease. Trump’s a one off nut. I don’t think there will be any meaningful precedent set.
”Storming the Capitol was a nothingburger.”

According to some expert on MSNBC, the Senate can still take up the impeachment after 1/20 and even if Trump’s not convicted with 2/3, barring him from future engagements is separate and only requires a simple majority. (Iiuc)

Totally agree. Letting these people off the hook will only make them stronger. If we're really going to have a civil war, we may as well get it over with.

Exactly. F every last one of these idiots. The fact that it’s reached a point where they’re referred to as a “threat” is a national embarrassment

Reactions: iuwclurker
Let's hope the President can defang the truly militant protestors.
If Trump defanged all those as you suggest, here's what he would look like:
z4pds0z3rk201.png

Trump, with launch codes and executive orders, has proven as dangerous as any of the others.

Pence is unwelcome in his home state, which voted in favor of President Trump at nearly 70% .....
He needs a home...

Then the US Constitution is the traitor for your particular objectives. See, the Constitution doesn’t give an avenue for the VP to overturn the election, especially when there is no evidence to do so. We are a nation of laws and there have been numerous court cases that were all shot down. Sorry, but you gotta win some of those to show credence that your argument is remotely just.

He needs a home...

Methinks there are umpteen gazoolion Evangelicals who’d give Pence a domicile. Trump picked his stooge carefully.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT