ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine this team without TJD

Instead of wafting into the conversation like an air biscuit (I couldn't resist :)). You could have chosen to engage in conversation. You would hope someone who claims to be mature and the emotional superior person would choose that route. I then would have informed you that my post wasn't directed towards you because I have no idea what your expectations are. It was directed towards YOTHN (the person I quoted and responded to) because he does have lower expectations. I came to that conclusion after he was still defending Crean after year 6, 7, 8, and 9.

I don't have time to address all of your rant and it would fall on deaf ears anyway. I will say I have never advocated for Archie to get fired right now or after last year. I've only ever said he should be fired after this year if he misses the tourney again or is a bubble team. If you think that is ridiculous (I don't think ridiculous if you disagree), it says more about you than me . If you take a step back, I don't think it's your buddy that has coping issues with their sports team.

Lastly, since you're overly concerned with how people are in real life. I am actually easy going and happy person. Pointing out Archie isn't that good of a coach, doesn't upset me or ruin my day.
I don't rant. ;) It was an oversight that I didn't clarify that I wasn't talking about you. I meant to. However, the assertion is constantly made by some of the obsessively negative posters they are negative because they have high expectations and everyone else has low expectations. That's absurd and that was the point.

I hope the New Year is starting out good for everyone. I'm checking out for a couple hours to go swim laps before watching some football. My resolution is actually to swim and work out more and get rid of about 20 post-military pounds this year.

How many times have you been banned? You weren't banned because you discuss basketball or the program.
Not once, but this is your typical stance. Take personal shots at people, question their maturity and loyalty, and then attempt to position yourself on some imagined moral high ground. Never anything of substance or intelligence, just pettiness. It’s so childish. There’s a reason you’re not well thought of here. You can’t or won’t talk IU basketball and you chase down any poster who doesn’t see the world through your jaded, busybody lens. Why not go away and leave this place to the IU fans who want to follow and discuss the program? That’s obviously not you based on your “contributions” here.

Indiana is currently giving up 32.4% from three, which ranks 162 out of the 353 teams in division one. Maryland, Illinois, Penn State, and Wisconsin rank lower. Although it’s not good, it’s also not glaringly bad either. I realize it was an issue the last two years, but this team has done a much better job challenging shots. Our rotations are much faster. Against Arkansas, we did a nice job challenging threes in the half court for the first thirty minutes. During the last ten minutes, they started hoisting them in transition and a few steps back from the line. Those are the low percentage shots we want to force them to take, but they knocked them down. I think you can live with that, and just move on to the next game as fast as possible.

It’s not horrible, but it’s not real good either. It translates to about a 49% effective field goal percentage. Considering, most of the teams we played so far haven’t had good poster players that we had to double down on, it’s a concern. I do agree with your assessment on the end of the Arkansas game. They hit some tough shots and Green gifted them a couple.

I’m worried more about the offense. The last 8 or 9 minutes were awful and it’s the 5th game in a row where we have had prolonged stretches like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cshartle123
I don't rant. ;) It was an oversight that I didn't clarify that I wasn't talking about you. I meant to. However, the assertion is constantly made by some of the obsessively negative posters they are negative because they have high expectations and everyone else has low expectations. That's absurd and that was the point.

I hope the New Year is starting out good for everyone. I'm checking out for a couple hours to go swim laps before watching some football. My resolution is actually to swim and work out more and get rid of about 20 post-military pounds this year.

Happy New Year to you, as well. Enjoy the day.

I’m worried more about the offense. The last 8 or 9 minutes were awful and it’s the 5th game in a row where we have had prolonged stretches like that.
3 points in the last 8 minutes. 1 from a FT (missed other one) and a layup after the game was basically over.

0 shots by TJD. Only 3 shots from players not named Green or Franklin - 1 of those 3 off an offensive rebound. Watching the game live it seemed like the guards (Green in particular) were trying to take over the game. These numbers back that up.

Last edited:
I understand the point of this post. There's a lot of average college basketball talent on this team and one stud. CAM needs more talent; that's on him and no one else. If it doesn't change soon, he needs to go.

Saying they haven't improved (outside of Davis) is just misrepresenting the past. Most of the games are on the internet. Go back and watch them and tell me Durham, Green, Smith, etc aren't better than when they came in....or even just look at the stats.

They havent improved.
They just have bigger roles.
BIG difference

Morgan is the only one who really improved.

Your post has already been proven wrong. I don't recall one person on here complaining when Archie was hired. People started "complaining" when he started losing a bunch of games. Some people have higher expectations, which upsets you for some reason. Instead of recognizing people can have differing opinions, you choose to whine about them.

He\shes probably a liberal.
Literally the modern day definition of it

Were one of the best offensive in the paint teams in the country, if not the* best.

We need to close out games\stop runs

It helped with your mom the other night for sure

Your support of miller after 2 out of 3 blowout losses in the big ten in year 3 is absurd. That said, your drive by personal attacks on multiple threads are entertaining. The boards used to have mods to ban this stuff. Allowing it to exist is a new vibe for the board. The team is so damn boring it’s hardly worth discussion. The drive by attacks help.

When u get old. No exercise helps especially for ya ex milt
Your support of miller after 2 out of 3 blowout losses in the big ten in year 3 is absurd. That said, your drive by personal attacks on multiple threads are entertaining. The boards used to have mods to ban this stuff. Allowing it to exist is a new vibe for the board. The team is so damn boring it’s hardly worth discussion. The drive by attacks help.

there are no real mods on the free board. That being said a little fun “sparring” with fellow fans upsets you that much. I’d back you, any IU fan on this board, over a PU or UK troll. Any day, week, year. We’re all passionate, believe in our thoughts

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT