ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine this team without TJD

I'm actually much more concerned about three point defense.

Were going on three years of constantly getting lit up from three and it's starting to really annoy me.

I thought the length of this team along with the bulk would make us much more imposing defensively.

We have a mediocre coach. His system sucks. His recruiting sucks. Maybe the next AD will interview more than 1 guy when we look for Archie’s replacement.

We have a mediocre coach. His system sucks. His recruiting sucks. Maybe the next AD will interview more than 1 guy when we look for Archie’s replacement.

It won't matter if McRobbie and Shoulders are still around.

Were going on three years of constantly getting lit up from three and it's starting to really annoy me.

I thought the length of this team along with the bulk would make us much more imposing defensively.

and this was against (another) small, 4 guard team. They were a fairly one dimensional team. It won’t be easy entering conference play against more balanced teams that have an established post game to theoretically open up the outside even more.

Reactions: TommyCracker
TJD is IU's best player.
Upperclassmen got older but not better.
Ready for new blood, and new recruits.

Oh no they won't do that. They will have their guy but that's not for several years. They will give him 5 minimum. That's the new iu way!!

It won't matter if McRobbie and Shoulders are still around.

No matter who replaces McRobbie, people will then say the replacement is crap which is why the AD is crap which is why the coaches are crap which is why the teams are crap. It gets old. If people are that miserable and there is no light at the end if the tunnel, wth are you doing watching this program? It would suck to have that perspective on life.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Short of DeRon (injuries), which of the upperclassmen haven't improved? Or did you just not watch their respective freshmen and soph years? Saying they haven't improved (outside of Davis) is just misrepresenting the past. Most of the games are on the internet. Go back and watch them and tell me Durham, Green, Smith, etc aren't better than when they came in....or even just look at the stats. Archie took over a team with Morgan and Johnson being, by far, the best players on the team. 3rd would be injury derailed Hartman or Green (with no debate). This blatantly false misrepresentation of him taking over a B10 ready team (with Johnson and Green as the 2 best guards and no height) is just a joke. Either way, 11-2 with wins over at least 2 tourney teams (fyi, Wisconsin won by 20 at TENN). Coming in to the season, I would have been very happy at 11-2. The 2 turned out to be more disappointing than I had hoped, but outside of the last 10 min, they dominated Ark. Hit FT's, take a few less bad shots, or take away a couple TO's in the collapse and they win easily. Get over it. Then again, giving a coach less than 3 years to build a program has worked out great throughout history, right?

TJD is IU's best player.
Upperclassmen got older but not better.
Ready for new blood, and new recruits.

Indiana is currently giving up 32.4% from three, which ranks 162 out of the 353 teams in division one. Maryland, Illinois, Penn State, and Wisconsin rank lower. Although it’s not good, it’s also not glaringly bad either. I realize it was an issue the last two years, but this team has done a much better job challenging shots. Our rotations are much faster. Against Arkansas, we did a nice job challenging threes in the half court for the first thirty minutes. During the last ten minutes, they started hoisting them in transition and a few steps back from the line. Those are the low percentage shots we want to force them to take, but they knocked them down. I think you can live with that, and just move on to the next game as fast as possible.

Reactions: Al Bino
No matter who replaces McRobbie, people will then say the replacement is crap which is why the AD is crap which is why the coaches are crap which is why the teams are crap. It gets old. If people are that miserable and there is no light at the end if the tunnel, wth are you doing watching this program? It would suck to have that perspective on life.

You’re overthinking it. People have different expectations than you.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Yes, I just had the same thought. TJD and the fact that he's probably not a 1 and done will buy us another year of misery and futility. Similar to what Zeller did for Crean

He'll be gone after this season. It's all about potential.......................

How does that change what I said? When the next president, AD, coach is hired, there will be whiney people saying they hate the hires and won't stop complaining until they are proven right. Just because you're one of those people doesnt mean other people are "overthinking" it.

How does that change what I said? When the next president, AD, coach is hired, there will be whiney people saying they hate the hires and won't stop complaining until they are proven right. Just because you're one of those people doesnt mean other people are "overthinking" it.

Your post has already been proven wrong. I don't recall one person on here complaining when Archie was hired. People started "complaining" when he started losing a bunch of games. Some people have higher expectations, which upsets you for some reason. Instead of recognizing people can have differing opinions, you choose to whine about them.

Your post has already been proven wrong. I don't recall one person on here complaining when Archie was hired. People started "complaining" when he started losing a bunch of games. Some people have higher expectations, which upsets you for some reason. Instead of recognizing people can have differing opinions, you choose to whine about them.

False, there were many people complaining. You can ignore the facts but no matter who is hired, you seem to lead the group of constantly butt hurt fans. It's old and tiring.

False, there were many people complaining. You can ignore the facts but no matter who is hired, you seem to lead the group of constantly butt hurt fans. It's old and tiring.

Link it then. I don't remember one person complaining.

I think people on here get confused about the difference b/t a message board, and life. If someone spends time here posting about basketball it says nothing about how they live their life. In other words, if someone posts all “negative” stuff , I see people say that it must be tough to go through life so miserable, and it’s just a game.

This is JUST a stupid message board.

if IU wins their next 7 games we’ll see a bunch of people posting that we haven’t seen lately. If we lose the next 7, the same can be said but with a different set of people. Who cares? I suppose it depends which posts you like reading.

I think people on here get confused about the difference b/t a message board, and life. If someone spends time here posting about basketball it says nothing about how they live their life. In other words, if someone posts all “negative” stuff , I see people say that it must be tough to go through life so miserable, and it’s just a game.

This is JUST a stupid message board.

if IU wins their next 7 games we’ll see a bunch of people posting that we haven’t seen lately. If we lose the next 7, the same can be said but with a different set of people. Who cares? I suppose it depends which posts you like reading.

Well said and I agree. I will add that if we win the next 7, I'll be excited and quit "whining" ;)

I expect IU to contend for Big Ten and NCAA championships regularly. What do you expect? The idea that the storm cloud farting, whining pessimists post like they do because they have higher expectations is absurd. Some of you have the same expectations and are impatient to the point of ridiculousness (it’s ridiculous to want Archie fired now, for example, and some of you do). Some of you are pessimists by nature. I know several fans who cope with the occasional loss by expecting to lose every game so they feel “good” and are happy when their team wins and console themselves over losses because they “expected” them. This is how my close friend and die-hard Louisville fan is, and that includes during their last (now vacated) national championship season. I laugh at him, because I fully understand him. Some of you are like him. Some of you have victim mentalities and think IU doesn’t want to win or they’d have the highest paid coach in the country and the most expensive new arena in basketball. Finally, some of you are truly ant-IU trolls that are only here because you want IU to lose and want to piss off IU fans. Each of the storm cloud farters knows why they fart storm clouds - or would if they thought about it.

I expect IU to contend for Big Ten and NCAA championships regularly. What do you expect? The idea that the storm cloud farting, whining pessimists post like they do because they have higher expectations is absurd. Some of you have the same expectations and are impatient to the point of ridiculousness (it’s ridiculous to want Archie fired now, for example, and some of you do). Some of you are pessimists by nature. I know several fans who cope with the occasional loss by expecting to lose every game so they feel “good” and are happy when their team wins and console themselves over losses because they “expected” them. This is how my close friend and die-hard Louisville fan is, and that includes during their last (now vacated) national championship season. I laugh at him, because I fully understand him. Some of you are like him. Some of you have victim mentalities and think IU doesn’t want to win or they’d have the highest paid coach in the country and the most expensive new arena in basketball. Finally, some of you are truly ant-IU trolls that are only here because you want IU to lose and want to piss off IU fans. Each of the storm cloud farters knows why they fart storm clouds - or would if they thought about it.

Grown men shouldn't use fart storm multiple times in a post. In 2020 only post about basketball on a basketball board. Or go post on other boards that have nothing to do with basketball, like 99% of your posts.

Reactions: Radio Zero

take a stroll. Read a book.

This place has gotten to you, you seem completely unhinged. Hundreds of posts about “trolls”, “negative nancies”, “storm cloud farters”, etc. Seriously, why get so bent out of shape about what people post on a message board?

Grown men shouldn't use fart storm multiple times in a post. In 2020 only post about basketball on a basketball board. Or go post on other boards that have nothing to do with basketball, like 99% of your posts.
I'm responding to the absurd assertion that the constantly negative posters have higher expectations. I actually believe you're an IU fan, but you're an emotional and impatient kind of fan. A bit immature too. Just an observation.

take a stroll. Read a book.

This place has gotten to you, you seem completely unhinged. Hundreds of posts about “trolls”, “negative nancies”, “storm cloud farters”, etc. Seriously, why get so bent out of shape about what people post on a message board?
I was offering an honest assessment of the constantly negative and emotional posters. You took it personally, but it wasn't meant to be personal. I don't get bent out of shape, that's what the emotional posters do.

I'm responding to the absurd assertion that the constantly negative posters have higher expectations. I actually believe you're an IU fan, but you're an emotional and impatient kind of fan. A bit immature too. Just an observation.

Of course I’m an IU fan. No1 with a brain over the size of a pea would question a person with 2,000 messages over the span of 7+ years on an IU basketball form being an IU fan. That is just retarded. Kinda like calling someone immature while using fart 5 times in his previous post.

unfortunately, can’t fix stupid.

Of course I’m an IU fan. No1 with a brain over the size of a pea would question a person with 2,000 messages over the span of 7+ years on an IU basketball form being an IU fan. That is just retarded. Kinda like calling someone immature while using fart 5 times in his previous post.

unfortunately, can’t fix stupid.
You confirm being an immature IU fan again. Thanks.

No, you’re obsessed with any post that isn’t in lockstep with your own, and you spend all of your time here playing the unwelcome, nosy neighbor who inserts yourself into things you know little or nothing about. If you aren’t able to discuss basketball and the program, better to find another place to hang out. You and the board will both be better for it. Call it your first New Years Resolution.

I was offering an honest assessment of the constantly negative and emotional posters. You took it personally, but it wasn't meant to be personal. I don't get bent out of shape, that's what the emotional posters do.

Instead of wafting into the conversation like an air biscuit (I couldn't resist :)). You could have chosen to engage in conversation. You would hope someone who claims to be mature and the emotional superior person would choose that route. I then would have informed you that my post wasn't directed towards you because I have no idea what your expectations are. It was directed towards YOTHN (the person I quoted and responded to) because he does have lower expectations. I came to that conclusion after he was still defending Crean after year 6, 7, 8, and 9.

I don't have time to address all of your rant and it would fall on deaf ears anyway. I will say I have never advocated for Archie to get fired right now or after last year. I've only ever said he should be fired after this year if he misses the tourney again or is a bubble team. If you think that is ridiculous, it says more about you than me . If you take a step back, I don't think it's your buddy that has coping issues with their sports team.

Lastly, since you're overly concerned with how people are in real life. I am actually easy going and happy person. Pointing out Archie isn't that good of a coach doesn't upset me or ruin my day.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike41703
No, you’re obsessed with any post that isn’t in lockstep with your own, and you spend all of your time here playing the unwelcome, nosy neighbor who inserts yourself into things you know little or nothing about. If you aren’t able to discuss basketball and the program, better to find another place to hang out. You and the board will both be better for it. Call it your first New Years Resolution.
How many times have you been banned? You weren't banned because you discuss basketball or the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT