ADVERTISEMENT

I'm wondering if I should get a divorce

And now you're doing the same thing lowrider is by implying VPM's life is more worthy ("at least..."). Why can't we all just let each to his own and move on?

You don't think a life spent "serving others" is more worthy than one spent fulfilling your own prurient or materialistic selfish desires? Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying a religious person's focus is on helping others; in fact it's one of my greatest complaints against the religious in general and the religious right specifically, in that they often focus on what others shouldn't be doing, rather than helping others. But if someone's life is truly about helping others, I definitely judge that as a more worthy life... even though I may still enjoy reading about the other guys prurient conquests!

Far be it from me to defend VPM, but it's the height of arrogance to accuse someone of not having lived simply because they haven't lived the same life you have. Maybe you wouldn't want VPM's life, but dollars to donuts he wouldn't want yours, either. Hell, I'm a lot closer to you than I am to VPM in a lot of ways, and I don't even find your story all that particularly attractive.

You should live whichever life you find fulfilling*, and if people don't like your choices, feck 'em. But along those same lines, don't judge those who have found fulfillment in some manner different than you have.

* Minus the obvious exceptions of life choices that hurt or infringe the rights of others, of course.
You just defended VPM? Ok, who are you and what have you done with Goat?

Serving others? He makes a living by trying to dupe rubes to accept his teachings, which (if you read ANYTHING he posts) are about as devoid of intellectual thought and critical thinking as is humanly possible.
I could be worse. He could live in a trailer and depend on the ACA for health insurance.

I think I'd pick sglowrider's rolodex over VPM's. It may have smart / skilled people on it, and not everyone is a white male!
LoL I've only been with one woman in my life so my rolodex is pretty short. I guess we have had several different cell phone numbers so if you added all them up together with the different places we have lived then you would have at least a page.

Reactions: cryano
Serving others? He makes a living by trying to dupe rubes to accept his teachings, which (if you read ANYTHING he posts) are about as devoid of intellectual thought and critical thinking as is humanly possible.
Actually the Christian Faith is very intricate. You have lots of history to study, dead languages to learn. It's not for the simple. Now you are saying that I am duping rubes to accept my teachings. That is incorrect. First, I believe everything I teach sincerely. Second, it's not my teachings it's the teachings of God's Word. 2 Timothy 3:6 says All Scripture (what we know of as the Bible from Genesis to Revelation) is inspired. The greek word literally means God breathed. 2 Peter 1: 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
So I am not teaching my teaching. I am teaching what God has revealed through His Word the Bible.

I have experienced enough in life to know that everything is a process. Have confidence and trust in yourself to work through it. That's the bottom line.

Its a process.

There are multiple stages (like the grieving process) -- and sometimes you be a slut to expedite the process as in my case.

You have not lived VPN. You just dish out platitudes to others and at the end of your life, you comfort yourself by telling yourself that its all about serving.

Then you have chickened out by not creating your own stories but living off others including that of your imaginary friend.
I've had a great life. Seriously, if I died tomorrow I have no complaints. I had parents who loved me. I have a wife who loves me. I have four children and one grandson who loves me. I've got friends and congregants who love me. I am very blessed because most of all I have a Savior loved loved me enough to die for my sins and provide the way for me to be forgiven by the Father and accepted by Him so I can have Eternal Life. That is what we mean when we say we are saved. We have been saved from the Wrath of God because of our sins because His Son Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins. So I have had a great life down here, but what awaits for me up there is even more grand. If you think of it, a place that uses gold as pavement is a pretty cool place.

What was outside The Singularity?
Into WHAT did the space/time of our universe unfold during the Planck Time after the Big Bang?
How did Inflation exceed the speed of light?
What is the speed of dark?
Why do they now say maybe the Big Bang didn't happen?
Was Newton right or wrong about gravity?
Why were we told that nothing escapes the gravitational pull of a black hole when some things/signals shoot out of a black hole like a Pez dispenser?

main-qimg-44a3b75bd5fe7beb5c0b1acae9c8080e

Why doesn't the effect of the infinite number of other space/time planes around and through an entity with mass impact the space/time bend/effect of the one shown here? Isn't there a space/time bend that is pulling the green ball in other directions too?

Does a thing without mass bend space/time? Why or why not?

Is a fellow who makes money off of science morally worse or morally better than a guy paid to preach Christianity (or any other religion)?

Why would you care whether New England cheats?

Why does a 5th year Senior drop passes or miss free throws?

Why would Cindy Peterson lead me on so?

What was outside The Singularity?
Into WHAT did the space/time of our universe unfold during the Planck Time after the Big Bang?
How did Inflation exceed the speed of light?
What is the speed of dark?
Why do they now say maybe the Big Bang didn't happen?
Was Newton right or wrong about gravity?
Why were we told that nothing escapes the gravitational pull of a black hole when some things/signals shoot out of a black hole like a Pez dispenser?

main-qimg-44a3b75bd5fe7beb5c0b1acae9c8080e

Why doesn't the effect of the infinite number of other space/time planes around and through an entity with mass impact the space/time bend/effect of the one shown here? Isn't there a space/time bend that is pulling the green ball in other directions too?

Does a thing without mass bend space/time? Why or why not?

Is a fellow who makes money off of science morally worse or morally better than a guy paid to preach Christianity (or any other religion)?

Why would you care whether New England cheats?

Why does a 5th year Senior drop passes or miss free throws?

Why would Cindy Peterson lead me on so?
Raising questions is one thing. It's what science does.

Claiming to have all the answers is something else altogether.

Your bigotry aside, he’s still serving people.
How is it bigoted to be appalled at the thought of living your life only knowing and interacting with evangelical white people? I consider it precisely the opposite.

Trying to "convert the heathens to Christ" is, on the other hand, about as bigoted as it gets

Reactions: sglowrider
How is it bigoted to be appalled at the thought of living your life only knowing and interacting with evangelical white people? I consider it precisely the opposite.

Trying to "convert the heathens to Christ" is, on the other hand, about as bigoted as it gets
:facepalm:

Think about that first sentence really carefully.

Seriously if he was so 'fulfilled' why does he feel the need to pontificate to an online forum that is filled of tits & ass or golf discussions? Why not tend to his 'flock'? Waste of resources.

Besides it seems like he defines himself by his vocation. How is that a healthy outlook?

That’s funny, if you’re so fulfilled, why the need to constantly run your mouth about all of the skanks you’ve allegedly banged? You’re both slinging bullshit, just different brands...

Are you and your wife (I am assuming you are not gay) cheating on each other? That usually is a deal breaker. If there is violence on your or her part then there should be a separation to determine if it is fixable through counseling. All other cases I say compromise and stick it out. Compromise is a great marital word. You give a little. She gives a little. You meet in the middle. Neither is completely happy, but neither is completely dissatisfied either. Most people think leaving is the answer. The real answer is learning, learning to love each other as you should. If you guys leave and find other mates I will guarantee you, that you will make the same mistakes and then you will be divorced again. Remember don't leave, learn.
See, here we go.

This is why fake "evangelicals" are so repulsive. They claim to have all the answers and recite from their condescending ego book but there was absolutely nothing in the original post that he responded to that would justify his assumption that someone was cheating, that there might have been violence, that a separation would help (though he quickly babbles that leaving is not the answer), that someone will "make the same mistakes" if they don't do what he says (when he doesn't know what the supposed mistakes were) or that compromise would help. He just injects his opinion about someone else's marriage because this web site doesn't make someone prove he is a pastor before allowing him/her/it to use "pastor" in his handle.

Honestly, I don't understand why some of you guys assume he is a pastor of any kind whatsoever and then blindly defend him.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I guess my story is I love my wife. I'm not perfect though. She is forgiving. I don't agree with you that God is imaginary because there is an empty tomb and Jesus told me that someday my tomb will be empty too. That is my hope and confidence. Are you saying that you had no depression etc from your divorce? I don't remember the particulars of your story.
There are lots of empty tombs. There are also lots of empty heads, as you constantly remind us.

Actually the Christian Faith is very intricate. You have lots of history to study, dead languages to learn. It's not for the simple. Now you are saying that I am duping rubes to accept my teachings. That is incorrect. First, I believe everything I teach sincerely. Second, it's not my teachings it's the teachings of God's Word. 2 Timothy 3:6 says All Scripture (what we know of as the Bible from Genesis to Revelation) is inspired. The greek word literally means God breathed. 2 Peter 1: 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
So I am not teaching my teaching. I am teaching what God has revealed through His Word the Bible.
Dead languages?

Please convince us you really can read Aramaic. (Greek and Hebrew are not dead at all.). Your quote from Timothy does not appear to be from Aramaic.

You are the one assuming things, like who is white and who are heathens.

Live and let live.
Man.

Reactions: cryano
You are the one assuming things, like who is white and who are heathens.
VPM has described himself as being white and a pastor. I assumed nothing, and I consider nobody to be a heathen, unlike some evangelicals I have met.

You shoot more airballs than IU men's BB.

Last edited:
See, here we go.

This is why fake "evangelicals" are so repulsive. They claim to have all the answers and recite from their condescending ego book but there was absolutely nothing in the original post that he responded to that would justify his assumption that someone was cheating, that there might have been violence, that a separation would help (though he quickly babbles that leaving is not the answer), that someone will "make the same mistakes" if they don't do what he says (when he doesn't know what the supposed mistakes were) or that compromise would help. He just injects his opinion about someone else's marriage because this web site doesn't make someone prove he is a pastor before allowing him/her/it to use "pastor" in his handle.

Honestly, I don't understand why some of you guys assume he is a pastor of any kind whatsoever and then blindly defend him.
Why we assume he's a pastor of any kind? Who says we do? I've always assumed he and mcnutt are the same person.

Two different people have described him, in this thread, as being deserving of some special consideration because he is "serving others"
Much has happened over the last few decades to make us jaded. today a person says they work for united way or some other nonprofit and in some respects you do feel like it's a fair claim that they are "serving others." when you hear a religious person say same you automatically get a negative connotation because of the religious aspect: they're either pedophiles or righteous gemstones. it's a shame that it's gotten to this point.

Yes or no?
This thread has gone south because, well never mind. The bottom line is your future happiness. What I was saying was that your best shot at it is being with the one you are with. I got some more advice. Find some folks who have been married quite a few years and talk to them. Just because people have been married a long time doesn't mean it was easy. Perhaps some of them have gone through the same things you are going through with your wife. Yet they stuck it out and are happier for it.

Yes or no?
Between servicing others, serving others, science, religion, judgement, worthiness and some stuff from MTIOF that I couldn't begin to understand, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around this entire thread. Shout out to Hooky for bringing it back to "real". r.a.s., in order for me to offer any meaningful thoughts, I gotta know: 1) Is doing anal a problem? and 2). Is being anal a problem? Of course, anything in a two piece would be helpful.

Between servicing others, serving others, science, religion, judgement, worthiness and some stuff from MTIOF that I couldn't begin to understand, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around this entire thread. Shout out to Hooky for bringing it back to "real". r.a.s., in order for me to offer any meaningful thoughts, I gotta know: 1) Is doing anal a problem? and 2). Is being anal a problem? Of course, anything in a two piece would be helpful.

She was singing about her divorce, but spelling out the words so her kid wouldn't get it.
That's not hard to understand.

Are you and your wife (I am assuming you are not gay) cheating on each other? That usually is a deal breaker. If there is violence on your or her part then there should be a separation to determine if it is fixable through counseling. All other cases I say compromise and stick it out. Compromise is a great marital word. You give a little. She gives a little. You meet in the middle. Neither is completely happy, but neither is completely dissatisfied either. Most people think leaving is the answer. The real answer is learning, learning to love each other as you should. If you guys leave and find other mates I will guarantee you, that you will make the same mistakes and then you will be divorced again. Remember don't leave, learn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT