ADVERTISEMENT

I'm very sorry to have to report this . . .

I don't want this to be true.

Wow. I just don't even...

I remember those first days of the OTF. There are a lot of familiar names from the past posting in this thread. Maybe someone can save some of these thoughts for his kids. Their dad was a nice guy who helped to create a culture here.

Still really not comprehending this.

I posted this below, but I don't think it's really there. Or maybe my original reply is in denial, too.

This post was edited on 12/2 9:28 PM by tried&true

Shit, damn, hell....

Aruss was the best....I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but felt that I knew him. Crap, I did know him...

Shit damn hell.

Crushed...

The friendly smack talk with him and Lil' Lebowski and the Hillary Duff grief he endured. I will miss the out of the blue emails he would send just to see how you were doing.

He was a helluva great guy and I pray for his family during this time.

We will all miss you Andy!

Amazing Person---Will be missed...Rename the Forum after him please!

He really helped me on a project a long time ago and never asked anything in return. Classic videos!

TP

I have 27 followers on twitter

I just lost one.
frown.r191677.gif
I am stunned!

Terrible news. Prayers for his family. Don't know what happened, but maybe he was watching over the Hoosiers tonight.Too young!

Russ'lin Hoosier Room

I can't stop thinking about how this could have been any of us... and its HIM!
from Columbus, IN...
Divorced dad with multiple kids.
Loved IU football and basketball and most other sports.
Admin/Owner of OTF Facebook page.
Founder of the OTF over a decade ago
Highest post count of anyone
sad0020.r191677.gif

I forgot about that

My son and Andy traded some videos of IU games with each other a few years back. He was very nice to a young man that would rather watch an old IU game than anything else on TV.

Andy's Room, like in the Toy Story movies.

Kind of fits this place sometimes.
This post was edited on 12/2 9:46 PM by 1987Grad

Just hope . . .

that Disney doesn't sue us for a trademark or copyright violation . . . effin lawyers . . . .

That sucks

I'm pretty much still a OTF newbie, but he seemed like a good guy. Anyone that would talk to that many of you guys outside of this place must have a special class of person. 41 is too damn young for anyone to pass on, especially so for someone so universally liked. RIP.

I believe it to be April of 2003 that this board was created....

In fact, I made a video featuring Blondie's One Way or Another and at the end it said "Peegs OTF. Lower Standards Since 2003"

That is an 11 year old memory so someone correct me on minor details. I do remember using a picture of IUAllie.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

very sad news...

He was one of the best this place has to offer....and there are a lot of you that I have REALLY enjoyed reading about over the past 10-15 years. I was really glad to see him coming back and posting little by little. We're the same age and I always felt like I knew him even though we never met. Funny how this place works. RIP ARuss.

He also had the Columbus North/Martinsville fight.

Makes me smile just thinking about him posting about it.

I saw that one, but it's not it. it had a

Chopin opening then into Blondie. We were lobbying Peegs pretty hard to get it so the One Way or Another was fitting to celebrate our victory.

Wow, crap

Met Andy once at a peeg's tailgate back around 2008. Ended up talking to him most of the game. Very sad.

If it weren't for Aruss/NFA I wouldn't be where I am today

February of 2004. I had been lurking on the OTF and posting here and there. Somewhat innocently responded to a post from IUAllie about her taking her Mom out around Broad Ripple for her birthday. Made the comment that if she treated her Mom that nicely I could only imagine how she treated her boyfriend. Conversations happened from there, I'm pretty sure some OTF rules were put in place specifically because of us, but a couple of years later we were married.

Now a little over 10 years later we live in Texas have three beautiful daughters (nothing in a two piece you damn pervs!) and life is good. Allie is the one who helped me to see that teaching was my true passion as a career. She puts up with my damn eternal optimism for IU Football and the Chicago Cubs.

And to think none of that happens without this board, and this board doesn't happen without Andy. So to him I have many many thanks. RIP man.

Haha...almost forgot about that.

That's when the OTF went Hollywood.

ADVERTISEMENT